• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,802 posts in this topic

Midtown Comics has a huge stack of each cover for Toyko Ghost as of late last night, doesn't look like a single copy was touched but that's probably because they restocked.

Remender seems to have a somewhat anti-speculation stance with this book, from the blog post about the decision to do just 2 standard price Murphy covers, to other comments about wanting to make sure everyone gets to read it that wants to.

Seems the "HOT" books this week were the Double Take books, Tokyo Ghost and Paybacks. SOLD OUT at 3 of 5 LCS!!!! :ohnoez:

So still in-stock at 2 of 5 :baiting:

And considering demand for only one of those books might be considered 'luke warm' (Tokyo Ghosts), it's probably a matter of 2 of those stores might not have even ordered the other two.

Seems the "HOT" books this week were the Double Take books, Tokyo Ghost and Paybacks. SOLD OUT at 3 of 5 LCS!!!! :ohnoez:

can't get all 10 books at either remaining stop :flamed:

Main lcs is sold out going to check others this weekend.

I like no variants other then preview copy.

Low print run helps too

And considering demand for only one of those books might be considered 'luke warm' (Tokyo Ghosts), it's probably a matter of 2 of those stores might not have even ordered the other two.

lol

Reminds me of the old joke:

The other day I stopped at the hardware store to buy a broom. Sign in the window says, "Brooms $5". I go in to get one and the clerk says, "Sorry, we're all out."

I head down the street to another hardware store. Brooms are $20! I say to the clerk, "They're only $5 down the street." Clerk says, "Go buy one down the street then." I say, "They're all out." Clerk says, "Come back when we're all out, and they'll be $5 too." :grin:

lol

Reminds me of the old joke:

The other day I stopped at the hardware store to buy a broom. Sign in the window says, "Brooms $5". I go in to get one and the clerk says, "Sorry, we're all out."

I head down the street to another hardware store. Brooms are $20! I say to the clerk, "They're only $5 down the street." Clerk says, "Go buy one down the street then." I say, "They're all out." Clerk says, "Come back when we're all out, and they'll be $5 too." :grin:

wait, i dont get it.... why didn't he just buy on Amazon w free shipping?

I don't know if it's been discussed in this thread (my apologies if it has) but it looks like two very hot moderns right now are "Space Riders" and "We Can Never Go Home," both published by Black Mask Studios. I wasn't even aware of these until I saw the latest prints of Space Riders at my LCS yesterday. First prints of both series are bidding upwards of $50 on eBay, with plenty of bidders. Probably very small print runs. Both first issues are in third printings, with #2 and #3 in second printings. I'd seen some of the Black Mask titles on the racks but didn't pay any attention, but I purchased Space Riders #1, #2, and #3 yesterday and really enjoyed it. Kind of a mashup of Paul Pope, Johnny Ryan, and a little Steve Mannion thrown in. Wacky and fun stuff. Haven't read "We Can Never Go Home" as my LCS had zero copies.

Has anyone ever purchased an item off of eBay from a foreign country with a seller that has a very low feedback score and had good results? I was offered a Greg land edge of spider Verse set for $300 and I am just nervous about the transaction.

well in theory you're protected under paypal and/or ebay.

just film a video of yourself opening the package, make sure its a continuous shot and shows the label clearly.

Has anyone ever purchased an item off of eBay from a foreign country with a seller that has a very low feedback score and had good results? I was offered a Greg land edge of spider Verse set for $300 and I am just nervous about the transaction.

just film a video of yourself opening the package, make sure its a continuous shot and shows the label clearly.

Paranoia rulz. :insane:

I wouldn't touch a user that had feedback under 99%.

just film a video of yourself naked opening the package, make sure its a continuous shot and shows the label clearly.

Fixed.

just film a video of yourself naked opening the package, make sure its a continuous shot and shows the label clearly.

Fixed.

Will do haha, because I took the risk.

Most foreign sellers (Canada excluded) don't know about American's desire to keep their comics in top condition. I do buy a lot of foreign comics. One thing they all have in common, poor packing. It doesn't matter how much or how little you are spending. I constantly ask the seller to pack the book carefully so it arrives in the condition it is in, but that usually falls on deaf ears.

Luckily, the books I'm after are so hard to find, it doesn't matter too much. But, it is frustrating when buying new overseas variants from the average seller.

The only exception to this is buying from a well known overseas retailer, like Forbidden Planet. Those retailers do know how important condition is.