• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,806 posts in this topic

Nothing. Just the usual pump n' dumpers......

I think you meant to say that you are just mad that you dont own one.

Furthermore, the art is spectacular, the artist has a huge following.

Also, I've really enjoyed the story so far, excellent plot and writing

Valiant collectors are a much overlooked segment of the market and are back in a major way.

These basically don't exist, I was talking to a guy, who's brother is married to the girl who shipped them out from Valiant's Global Headquarters and she said the books were roughed up pretty bad in packaging.

It'll be a miracle if a single 9.8 exists. Further, shops didnt realize that they had to do a rain dance while standing on their head to order more than one copy, so while it's claimed it's a 1:50, it's actually more like a 1:1776

I mean, I own my 17 copies in 9.8 already, so I don't even care whether they go up or down, I'd never sell one anyway.

But dont say it's pump and dump, you are just clearly butthurt that you'll never own this variant of issue #2 of a series you have never heard of, and you never will.

Edited by CBT

Valiant collectors are a much overlooked segment of the market and are back in a major way.

These basically don't exist, I was talking to a guy, who's brother is married to the girl who shipped them out from Valiant's Global Headquarters and she said the books were roughed up pretty bad in packaging.

It'll be a miracle if a single 9.8 exists. Further, shops didnt realize that they had to a rain dance while standing on their head to order more than one copy, so while it's claim it's 1:50, it's actually more like a 1:1776

I mean, I own my 17 copies in 9.8 already, so I don't even care whether they go up or down, I'd never sell one anyway.

But dont say it's pump and dump, you are just clearly butthurt that you'll never own this variant of issue #2 of a series you have never heard of, and you never will.

:banana::banana:

It'll be a miracle if a single 9.8 exists. Further, shops didnt realize that they had to do a rain dance while standing on their head to order more than one copy, so while it's claimed it's a 1:50, it's actually more like a 1:1776

Same old comment from you about "you must not have copies". So juvenile. Clearly you are a pump n' dumper. Hyping the book to the lemmings. All you bring to the conversation is nothing but hype; no significance.

Edited by Candletric

Same old comment from you about "you must not have copies". So juvenile. Clearly you are a pump n' dumper. Hyping the book to the lemmings. All you bring to the conversation is nothing but hype; no significance.

i would hope things like a "rain dance on their heads" would make sarcasm obvious :D

Believe me, I am on your side ;)

how odd all of this interest in Journey into Mystery variants all of a sudden. Sif is a powerhouse, top 5 character for sure.

:eek:

I hope this is a joke. I actually collect those and the last thing I need is a horde of speculators descending on them

:censored:

how odd all of this interest in Journey into Mystery variants all of a sudden. Sif is a powerhouse, top 5 character for sure.

I bought 5 or 6 different ones about a week ago, could be just me you are seeing. A lot of them had multiple watchers though, so I might have triggered a run on them. I see people have overpaid for a couple in the week since then.

if the interest you are seeing started around the 21/22/23, that's when my mini buying spree was, and as I said, most had 5+ watchers.

Edited by CBT

I bought 5 or 6 different ones about a week ago, could be just me you are seeing. A lot of them had multiple watchers though, so I might have triggered a run on them. I see people have overpaid for a couple in the week since then.

if the interest you are seeing started around the 21/22/23, that's when my mini buying spree was, and as I said, most had 5+ watchers.

no, since the 28th and over the next few weeks.

no, since the 28th and over the next few weeks.

I saw a couple of the earlier sales when I was making my buys on 21/22, part of the reason I cleaned out a couple sellers who had more than one (save on shipping).

Collected them on and off for a couple years and didnt like some of the price action on the Tan variant. Hate that the Venom one got sucked into a craze, felt pressured to make sure I got more before similar nonsense happens to other ones. Certainly didnt want to contribute to it lol

For instance, one my purcahses:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172378058873

That's one of the ones I bought, and I see one two "sold" in the week since my purchase from a shill account for 3x as much:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Journey-into-Mystery-Variant-Comic-Cover-Mint-650-only-400-made-/152322206609

and now someone is offering it for a cheap 17x what I paid:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Journey-Into-Mystery-650-Variant-1-50-Marvel-Comic-Book-400-made-NM-Thor-/262733233346

That's a great example BIN shilling. That $65 is bull spoon, and anyone who even considers paying $350 is a raving lunatic.

I bought it at $25US a week ago, with multiple available, and no one interested. Ebay shilling is outta control.

Edited by CBT

Obviously, you have not had the pleasure of experiencing CBT's chartapalozas. I'd never consider his posts as pumping and dumping, and I would say he brings well-thought analysis to this thread.

I may not always agree with his conclusions or opinions, but I respect the thoughtfulness and intelligence that went into forming them.

Obviously, you have not had the pleasure of experiencing CBT's chartapalozas. I'd never consider his posts as pumping and dumping, and I would say he brings well-thought analysis to this thread.

I may not always agree with his conclusions or opinions, but I respect the thoughtfulness and intelligence that went into forming them.

There are a few hints in there that perhaps his tongue is firmly implanted in his cheek.

Cheers

If you had a $50 gift certificate to your LCS and had to spend it all at once, tomorrow, what comics would you buy & why?

Because I totally have a $50 GC to a LCS that is gonna expire in 2017, and I don't want it to go to waste. It's just that I don't do much in the way of buying new comics at all these days.

Any answer is acceptable. PM me if you feel you need to.

:)

-slym (might just hang about the shop one day & pay for a few people's purchases)

Motor Girl is a fun read, just the #1 issue so far though. Maybe buy 15 copies & hand out 14 to other people at the store?

Got it, I will just pay for a few random people's comics one day.

(thumbs u

*quietly backs out of the CGC side of the boards*

-slym

I'd buy an interesting lower value wall book. Something I wouldn't normally buy otherwise. Maybe something to start working on building a run from in a series I dont collect currently. Not moderns, and not something 9.8, I'd use it as a spring board to a new adventure.