• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,793 posts in this topic

To be fair, Batman 655 is less of a 1st appearance than Hulk 180

So, you mean now that I've sold my #655 that I should be pimpin' #656 as the 1st Full App? :grin:

And #657 as Damian's 1st Cover Appearance? hm Or 1st Named Appearance? hm:sumo:

And #658 as Damian's 1st Cover Appearance in Costume??? :grin:

Shouldn't Son of the Demon be worth millions now? I actually have one of those.

No, it's the inverse-blob theory . . . any book that blob doesn't have or just sold for pennies is now worth zillions, and conversely, any book the blob has twenty copies of is now worth less than cover . . . :baiting:lol

To be fair, Batman 655 is less of a 1st appearance than Hulk 180

meh

655 is more than just the Damian reveal at the end (emphasis on the "reveal" part, where we find out Batman has a son, which, to me, is more important than the fullness of his appearance), it is also the book which marks the beginning of Morrison's run on Batman. Like him or not, Morrison's influence in the character's history is tremendous and will continue to reverberate for years. As if that weren't enough, the opening scene starts with the Joker getting shot in the face and thrown off a building (which also had a far-reaching effect in that character's history). There's a lot more going on in that issue than just the last page.

No, it's the inverse-blob theory . . . any book that blob doesn't have or just sold for pennies is now worth zillions, and conversely, any book the blob has twenty copies of is now worth less than cover . . . :baiting:lol

:roflmao: Story of my life.

:roflmao: Story of my life.

Inverse Blob!? Lmfaooo...PRICELESS!!!

Good for them. In my experience this was a tough book to get. I can usually find at least one copy of the new hot book and this one eluded me.

Good for them. In my experience this was a tough book to get. I can usually find at least one copy of the new hot book and this one eluded me.

I went ahead and put up my copies this week. That type of price appreciation that fast I am more then happy to take advantage off.

I read it. While the art was very stunning the storyline didn't make me jump at the book like Saga did. It reminded me of some of the Image books from the 90s.

I went ahead and put up my copies this week. That type of price appreciation that fast I am more then happy to take advantage off.

I read it. While the art was very stunning the storyline didn't make me jump at the book like Saga did. It reminded me of some of the Image books from the 90s.

I actually love the story. And am really enjoying Openas art.

Don't get me wrong I like the art. And anything new he does I will look at. The story just didn't grab me. Ive been wrong before, but since I grabbed a few copies I will be happily wrong.

Id love to see him do some books for DC or Marvel just to see how his flare would show up. I see him like a younger Marc Silverstri when he changed his art style from X-men to Cyberforce wouldn't you agree?

Edited by Fastballspecial

Don't get me wrong I like the art. And anything new he does I will look at. The story just didn't grab me. Ive been wrong before, but since I grabbed a few copies I will be happily wrong.

Id love to see him do some books for DC or Marvel just to see how his flare would show up. I see him like a younger Marc Silverstri when he changed his art style from X-men to Cyberforce wouldn't you agree?

Opena has done some nice covers for Marvel in the fairly recent past actually.

Though it is good to see a guy who can put together a sweet cover also be able to crank out interiors like this.

-J.

I would be bummed to see him go to Marvel, they don't put anything out I like. Although Thanos 1 was good.

I don't know that I would compare him to MS, but I am a fan of his art.

That's not a variant, it's his self published sketch book