• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,793 posts in this topic

Love that cover and my last copy which I swore would get a 9.8 got a 9.6 so I sold it, plus it was in the bad wave of the new case and I refuse to have any of those in the house

I figure I'm going to have to drop $275-$300 on a 9.8

Sorry if you sold yours too soon.

-J.

By selling when he did he freed up money that could be used to buy more inventory, which gave him the opportunity to sell more books, which gave him the opportunity to see far more profit than he would by sitting on the book for 6 months to make an extra 50 bucks.

To say nothing of the fact that it was a :censored: thing to say to begin with.

-J.

By selling when he did he freed up money that could be used to buy more inventory, which gave him the opportunity to sell more books, which gave him the opportunity to see far more profit than he would by sitting on the book for 6 months to make an extra 50 bucks.

Welcome to the Boards.

-J.

And why is that ? A guy goes on and and on and on expressing sour grapes about (yet another) book he does not own, and whines about what it sells for , and I'm NOT supposed to call it like I see it ?

Give me a break, Snowflake.

-J.

-J.

And why is that ? A guy goes on and and on and on expressing sour grapes about (yet another) book he does not own, and whines about what it sells for , and I'm NOT supposed to call it like I see it ?

-J.

Its supposed to be a discussion board. By inserting the insult it becomes more then that. I am not sure why you cant see that, but that might require some reflection.

-J.

-J.

Its supposed to be a discussion board. By inserting the insult it becomes more then that. I am not sure why you cant see that, but that might require some reflection.

Okay well it wasn't written intended as an "insult" (though I know seller's remorse can be a thing, why do you think I never sell?). Just like I don't actually believe he is losing any sleep over the extra $80 he didn't make on the book by selling it earlier this year. (thumbs u

Geezuz can't a guy mention a "book that's heating up" around here without getting his azz handed to him anymore ? No wonder this thread has been dead lately.

-J.

-J.

-J.

Okay well it wasn't written intended as an "insult" (though I know seller's remorse can be a thing, why do you think I never sell?). Just like I don't actually believe he is losing any sleep over the extra $80 he didn't make on the book by selling it earlier this year. (thumbs u

Geezuz can't a guy mention a "book that's heating up" around here without getting his azz handed to him anymore ? No wonder this thread has been dead lately.

-J.

I see your point (thumbs u

My apologies if I overreacted some.

Some recent sales although they are boring vanilla sales. Been tied up in my sales thread this past month.

ASM 4 1st Print - $16-20 multiple copies

Seven to Eternity 1 - $28

Zombie Tramp V2 4 Risqué Variant $80

Several Deathstroke issues in 50s for $5-10 in NM

Zombie Tramp V3 1-3 $20-30 per issue

Powerman Iron Fist 54 $35 in 9.0

Teen Titans 26 - $16.00

Edited by Fastballspecial

Considering how many people try to discuss books "heating up" under dubious circumstances, I'm not surprised people are wanting to "Red Team" books now.

Especially store variants.

Did someone say "store variants"?

Here's an Iron Riri #1 that's under the radar

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=iron%20man%201%20riri%20philly&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

-J.

-J.

-J.

:foryou:

-J.

Love that cover and my last copy which I swore would get a 9.8 got a 9.6 so I sold it, plus it was in the bad wave of the new case and I refuse to have any of those in the house

I figure I'm going to have to drop $275-$300 on a 9.8

probably cheaper it buy a high grade raw and slab to yourself, just be super choosey

Edited by CBT

-J.

-J.

-J.

-J.

You shouldnt use a term like snowflake, when you are being triggered by someone saying anything that disagrees with your opinion.

All I tried to point out was that the price for a 9.8 is basically unchanged after 6 months. I am not bothered at all that I sold that book, It was a huge return on an at cover book that I have 0 interest in owning.

Maybe it is heating up, but not at 9.8, not yet.

-J.

-J.

-J.

-J.

You shouldnt use a term like snowflake, when you are being triggered by someone saying anything that disagrees with your opinion.

All I tried to point out was that the price for a 9.8 is basically unchanged after 6 months. I am not bothered at all that I sold that book, It was a huge return on an at cover book that I have 0 interest in owning.

Maybe it is heating up, but not at 9.8, not yet.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. (thumbs u

Although based on the other responses, you are the only one who has it.

-J

I was thinking $280 sounded about right on 880, but I just checked my records and realized $180 is what I paid for my 9.8 in March 2015 -- so, yeah, that's a pretty significant climb. Raw copies are definitely crazy too and there's almost always heavy bidding activity for them. I've got a raw VF/NM that I've been wanting to upgrade for a while but its too difficult to catch anyone napping on this one, so I've pretty much given up.

As was mentioned before, there are a lot of things going for this book and any one of those things or a combination could be leading to its surge, but there's not much doubt with Batman books that price can and will be driven by interest in the cover alone. 'Tec 566 saw a healthy bump in price/interest and that was based solely on the classic cover -- the content of that issue is generally a waste of time. I'm not saying its only speculators, either. When I was buying Batman books in the late 80's I was buying mostly based on the covers, especially Joker covers.

I was thinking $280 sounded about right on 880, but I just checked my records and realized $180 is what I paid for my 9.8 in March 2015

Sold mine in March 2016 for $275, at the time others were BIN $280-$300, and I wanted to move it and a few other books. Absolutely could get $300 last Mar if you wanted to wait it out.

Iconic title. Iconic hero. Iconic villain. Iconic cover. Most moderns that go up will spike and then settle. Classic Batman covers are one-directional.

nothing is one directional, and i didnt say it was going to go down.

just that it isnt rising, and its already overpriced

Lots of things are one-directional. And if you're saying it's overpriced you're clearly suggesting it could or at least should go down. That's what overpriced means--priced higher than it should be. Which is fine, I just think it's going to go up, which means I don't think it's overpriced.