• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,793 posts in this topic

That's not a variant, it's his self published sketch book

^^

I was stupid and missed these books on DCBS. Just didn't think I had the coin to order what I wanted. Anyways, long story short, I did pre-order late from TFAW. Got a few sets of a-c, no d's.... doh!

As far as the book itself? I like it, and have read #2 now as well, though, I'm on the fence about why I like it. Some of it seems really fresh, and other parts kind of stale. I'm also kind of lost a bit on the whole backstory to an extent. All in all I will keep pulling it for the time being. The art being very good is not hurting this book for sure. I still love my Black Science though!

Edited by gradejunky

Titles such as Vengeance 1

2013 Young Avengers

All early America Chaves appearances and covers are gaining a lot of attention on ebay.

Her 1:10 variant for Ultimates 2 #1 is going for ten bucks (can still be found on stands).

There is no "one issue" blowing up. Only a steady slow burn on most of her stuff.

Great time to start picking this stuff up.

Tec 880 looks to be heating up. :whistle:

-J.

it's been consistently strong in 9.8 for a while.

I sold my pull list copy last spring (paid cover -20%+slabbing) in 9.8 for $275 last spring cause I wanted to sell some easy to move books.

If I had wanted to grind it out for every dollar, probably could have got $300 for it to match the second most recent sale. (that's no change from mar. to nov.)

The $360 is more an outlier due to current low availability imo, then a sudden move up.

Edited by CBT

That's a love or hate cover, but no denying some people love it.

It may not factor into the price too much, but I also like this issue because 'Tec's circulation numbers were at a pretty low point (around 40,000 for this issue) by the late 800's. It's also part of the acclaimed Snyder run, so it's really got several things going for it. I wish I could have stowed more copies away!

It may not factor into the price too much, but I also like this issue because 'Tec's circulation numbers were at a pretty low point (around 40,000 for this issue) by the late 800's. It's also part of the acclaimed Snyder run, so it's really got several things going for it. I wish I could have stowed more copies away!

Interesting comment on that. I am a huge Marvel guy, and generally despise everything DC (other than Batman). With the new 52 about to be released I thought I would give the main titles a shot.

I added, Batman, Detective, Superman, and Action to my pull list just prior to the relaunch (All cancelled except Batman in the first year, Batman now on Rebirth finally cancelled as well). That was how I ended up with my copy that netted me a 70X+ return on cover. I do agree relatively speaking that it was a "lower" print run then some previous ones, it was still quite large compared to smaller series and enormous compared to any modern variant cover.

$300US will buy a lot of different moderns in 9.8, I personally think this one is overvalued. (Hence why I was willing to sell mine last spring). I have no doubt in this market any book can be driven up-up-up, but it's always good to compare to what else you could get for the same money before deciding if something really is worth its going price.

Edited by CBT

Interesting comment on that. I am a huge Marvel guy, and generally despise everything DC (other than Batman). With the new 52 about to be released I thought I would give the main titles a shot.

I added, Batman, Detective, Superman, and Action to my pull list just prior to the relaunch (All cancelled except Batman in the first year, Batman now on Rebirth finally cancelled as well). That was how I ended up with my copy that netted me a 70X+ return on cover. I do agree relatively speaking that it was a "lower" print run then some previous ones, it was still quite large compared to smaller series and enormous compared to any modern variant cover.

$300US will buy a lot of different moderns in 9.8, I personally think this one is overvalued. (Hence why I was willing to sell mine last spring). I have no doubt in this market any book can be driven up-up-up, but it's always good to compare to what else you could get for the same money before deciding if something really is worth its going price.

Iconic title. Iconic hero. Iconic villain. Iconic cover. Most moderns that go up will spike and then settle. Classic Batman covers are one-directional.

Iconic title. Iconic hero. Iconic villain. Iconic cover. Most moderns that go up will spike and then settle. Classic Batman covers are one-directional.

nothing is one directional, and i didnt say it was going to go down.

just that it isnt rising, and its already overpriced

Edited by CBT

nothing is one directional, and i didnt say it was going to go down.

just that it isnt rising, and its already overpriced

The sea of green arrows on GPA suggest otherwise. (thumbs u

Not as many blue labels in a 9.8's on the census to go around as one might expect either (just 65).

-J.

The sea of green arrows on GPA suggest otherwise. (thumbs u

Not as many blue labels in a 9.8's on the census to go around as one might expect either (just 65).

-J.

I dont want to debate, people can think what they'd like but I will say GPA = zzz

The numbers I quoted are my actual sale from March, that's indisputable.

And the several recent ebay sales, which again, are what they are.

If its having green arrows, it could be because it dipped from last spring and has come back up. I dont know. But current ebay sales for the last few months are in the $275-$300 range

Exactly what I sold for in March.

The most recent sale is $360, but imo, thats outlier or shill.

.....or, put in another context , since this is the "moderns heating up" thread (and you seem to be ignoring a few results), the sales from the last 30 days are as follows: 320, 300, 350, 300, 360, average of 326, or a 10-16% increase. That's just the 9.8's. The book is up in lower grades (hence all the green arrows on GPA) as well as raw.

That would constitute "heating up". (thumbs u

Sorry if you sold yours too soon.

-J.

.....or, put in another context , since this is the "moderns heating up" thread (and you seem to be ignoring a few results), the sales from the last 30 days are as follows: 320, 300, 350, 300, 360, average of 326, or a 10-16% increase. That's just the 9.8's. The book is up in lower grades (hence all the green arrows on GPA) as well as raw.

-J.

i sold mine when I wanted to?? it's not too soon or too late. Very please with making profit of $270 US dollars on it, which btw, converted to Canadian is more than the supposed 10-16% increase an American would have got by waiting, if your numbers were accurate.

Edited by CBT

-J.

i sold mine when I wanted to?? it's not too soon or too late. Very please with making profit of $270 US dollars on it, which btw, converted to Canadian is more than the supposed 10-16% increase an American would have got by waiting, if your numbers were accurate.

At the time I sold for $275, march, $300 was all ready around, but i didnt want to wait out a sale, and priced it slightly below to move it. Could have got $300 then, which is what people are getting now.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=880+detective+cgc+9.8+-cbcs+-pgx&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=880+detective+cgc+9.8+-cbcs+-pgx+-9.6+-9.4+-9.2&_sacat=0

There are six sales on Ebay:

350 (free shipping)

The 350 was free shipping, so its skewed, 360 seems like an outlier, and certainly one data point cant be "heating up."

I only ever spoke about 9.8, if lower grade and raws are moving, so be it. 9.8 is the same as last spring.

The $275 sale was from August.

The book has "heated up" markedly since then.

Hence its mention in this thread. Up 16% on average from that sale, in fact.

Up 24% from that sale to a new GPA high this month.

To claim that the book has not heated up is simply delusional.

-J.

-J.

By selling when he did he freed up money that could be used to buy more inventory, which gave him the opportunity to sell more books, which gave him the opportunity to see far more profit than he would by sitting on the book for 6 months to make an extra 50 bucks.