• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,791 posts in this topic

On 11/27/2021 at 2:37 AM, Gaard said:

<--- Knows very little about modern comic values.

Has Black Panther Annual #1 always been that expensive?

Isn't the annual a what if type story? I think BP5 is probably the one to get. I'm really hoping they are just throwing a swerve at us and Shuri will be the long term BP. Not really feeling M'Baku as a lead. 

On 12/3/2021 at 11:53 AM, littledoom said:

that first app has a lot of potential. It's those early/mid 2000s Marvel first female app books that ppl scoffed off initially like Echo, Shuri, Bishop, etc.. and look at those mega keys now

was hoping they would use her in strange academy since she already live in new Orleans

On 12/3/2021 at 10:22 PM, fastballspecial said:

Ebay this past week.

tumbleweed-highway.gif.64408126cbfcfbb523beadc9de8220d1.gif

It's been like that for me the last few months since the category revamping changed. I know there's a lot of dynamics to consider, but I can't help to think that has something to do with it as well - other than economy, inflation etc. I've noticed less page views and less watchers for comics I sold a lot of before so I'm puzzled. (shrug)

On 12/4/2021 at 9:19 AM, CHASEnBLUE said:
On 12/4/2021 at 12:22 AM, fastballspecial said:

Ebay this past week.

tumbleweed-highway.gif.64408126cbfcfbb523beadc9de8220d1.gif

It's been like that for me the last few months since the category revamping changed. I know there's a lot of dynamics to consider, but I can't help to think that has something to do with it as well - other than economy, inflation etc. I've noticed less page views and less watchers for comics I sold a lot of before so I'm puzzled. (shrug)

I agree. It has gone up and down. Every time they make another fix sales go back up. But this time of the year sales are down anyway. 
I dont get why the made the changes.

On 12/4/2021 at 8:58 AM, fastballspecial said:

I agree. It has gone up and down. Every time they make another fix sales go back up. But this time of the year sales are down anyway. 
I dont get why the made the changes.

I meant to add in earlier that I'm noticing more lately that the same comic and grade I'm trying to sell gets sold at a higher price from other sellers (when I use the sold recently settings). I will often go through current for sale items that are the same and adjust my prices a bit lower, taking shipping costs into account, and in the past it worked out good if I stayed on top of it. Now, there is either something I am missing or a search setting I am not using correctly maybe. I sent a message to ebay for feedback but I doubt they will do anything. c'est la vie.  

On 12/1/2021 at 6:01 PM, littledoom said:

Anne Rice's The Witching Hour 1 & Interview W The Vampire 1 (again)

Pulled Interview and Vampire Lestat a while ago to list time to do that I guess. Here's something interesting I found about Lestat. Issues 1-5 in my lot have barcodes, while 6-12 don't. I bought these when they came out, but I don't think I picked them up from a newsstand. Another lot on eBay also have 6-12 without barcodes, and 2-5 with barcodes, so I assume that 2-5 only have a version with barcodes. But issue 1 in that lot doesn't have a barcode, so it appears there are 2 versions of issue #1, at the very least. No confirmation yet on the other issues.

On 12/4/2021 at 8:25 PM, Brock said:

I’m just saying that some people seem to take their own experience and imagine all of eBay is just like their little corner. No tumbleweeds at my end, is all I’m saying… And then I told you what was selling for me, in case it’s useful intel.

Definitely! No harm no foul, I've bought 2 things recently and would have posted them too, but I thought I got "deals", which I think would defeat the purpose in saying I've BOUGHT!

But I've definitely seen sales, I think the post was tongue in cheek :shy: edit still glad there is something people want in comics for the holidays, main thing :cheers: @Brock

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I'm not an X-Force guy (nor a regular contributor in this thread), but thought this one was a bit of a shocker:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224699734466?hash=item345125d9c2%3Ag%3AsEsAAOSwjfdhlwmN&nma=true&si=N8lzTyyBM5davOumugFPCetX%2Bbk%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

X-Force 125 CGC 9.8... 22 bids ending at $332! :ohnoez:

On 12/4/2021 at 8:36 PM, letsgrumble said:

I'm not an X-Force guy (nor a regular contributor in this thread), but thought this one was a bit of a shocker:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224699734466?hash=item345125d9c2%3Ag%3AsEsAAOSwjfdhlwmN&nma=true&si=N8lzTyyBM5davOumugFPCetX%2Bbk%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

X-Force 125 CGC 9.8... 22 bids ending at $332! :ohnoez:

That whole run had some steam, I thought everyone had forgot. Given the books that popped, I'm guessing this is just further along in the story?

I've done that at least, picked up a key in a run or series and trailed on down the road (of course!) 

On 12/4/2021 at 8:25 PM, Brock said:

I’m just saying that some people seem to take their own experience and imagine all of eBay is just like their little corner. No tumbleweeds at my end, is all I’m saying… And then I told you what was selling for me, in case it’s useful intel.

I agree that was a little harsh from me sorry about that. :tonofbricks:

I only do that to that troll Hector. :foryou:

@jsilverjanet

Edited by fastballspecial

I was digging through some bins at store today and picked a copy up. But bought it more for the Allred art. Thought I'd look it up on eBay and was shocked.

Trying to think why it would sell for $332. First app Dead Girl, there's 3 CGC 9.8's on the census, I dunno... I feel this is more fool's gold than anything substantial (though I do like the book).

IMG_8226.thumb.JPG.cf898bb7d7adb66017ed8545eeaa7dc5.JPG

On 12/4/2021 at 10:02 PM, letsgrumble said:

I was digging through some bins at store today and picked a copy up. But bought it more for the Allred art. Thought I'd look it up on eBay and was shocked.

Trying to think why it would sell for $332. First app Dead Girl, there's 3 CGC 9.8's on the census, I dunno... I feel this is more fool's gold than anything substantial (though I do like the book).

IMG_8226.thumb.JPG.cf898bb7d7adb66017ed8545eeaa7dc5.JPG

Man what a horrible cover.