• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,789 posts in this topic

On 1/6/2022 at 2:40 PM, littledoom said:

Family Tree 1 .. Darth Vader 1 2015 also but I really hate modern SW comics 

Mentioned DV #1 in the SW thread, but in case anyone hasn't checked it out. SW #14 (2015) also getting some heat. 

On 1/6/2022 at 2:40 PM, littledoom said:

Family Tree 1 .. Darth Vader 1 2015 also but I really hate modern SW comics 

I love Jeff Lemire's work.  I have been reading Family Tree since the start.  They haven't published a new issue in quite a long time so why is it picking up steam now?

On 1/6/2022 at 9:50 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Mentioned DV #1 in the SW thread, but in case anyone hasn't checked it out. SW #14 (2015) also getting some heat. 

There is aso a 2nd print of SW #14 which I'm not seeing much of. Can't find any print run estimates for it either on comichron so could be one to look out for.

On 1/6/2022 at 6:35 PM, fastballspecial said:

Boy that wookiee looked bad didn't he?

I don’t know. I thought he looked alright. He’ll probably play a decent sized role in Boba Fett and may show up in Obi-Wan. Those two have a bit of a history. 

On 1/6/2022 at 5:44 PM, awakeintheashes said:
On 1/6/2022 at 5:35 PM, fastballspecial said:

Boy that wookiee looked bad didn't he?

I don’t know. I thought he looked alright. He’ll probably play a decent sized role in Boba Fett and may show up in Obi-Wan. Those two have a bit of a history. 

It took out my word after bad. See above now. I thought the character looked great.

On 1/6/2022 at 7:48 PM, fastballspecial said:

It took out my word after bad. See above now. I thought the character looked great.

All you hip kids lol 

I agree. yeah, he definitely doesn’t look like someone you want to mess around with. 

On 1/6/2022 at 7:20 PM, littledoom said:

Anyone else think Book of Boba Fett blows

Let it develop first before you make judgement.
I hated the first episodes of Wandavision and I thought it got better. 
Hawkeye same way sucked at beginning and got better. 

I thought the first 10 min of Book was great watching him escape.

Edited by fastballspecial

On 1/6/2022 at 5:20 PM, littledoom said:

Oh yes. Disney has completely gutted the mystique of Boba Fett. Disney is so out of touch with what fans want. He's the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy, and what does Disney give us? A 3 minute choreographed dance sequence.

On 1/6/2022 at 8:20 PM, littledoom said:

Nah. I have a feeling I know where it’s going and with Filoni behind the scenes, I’m not the least bit worried. 

On 1/6/2022 at 10:16 PM, Tnexus said:

Oh yes. Disney has completely gutted the mystique of Boba Fett. Disney is so out of touch with what fans want. He's the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy, and what does Disney give us? A 3 minute choreographed dance sequence.

I love it when people think they speak for all Star Wars fans. :eyeroll:

On 1/6/2022 at 11:16 PM, Tnexus said:

Johnny Favs and Filoni have taken their opportunity flip our perception of who or what the Tuskens raiders are.
A little like 'Dance with Wolves' but I find it interesting.
It'll jump the shark if the one trainer / badass Tusken ends up being a love interest though...

On 1/6/2022 at 10:32 PM, fastballspecial said:

thought the first 10 min of Book was great watching him escape.

Did I get an edited version of the episode or something? The entire escape sequence was thirty seconds of him sucking an oxygen tube and then using his flamethrower to magically tunnel out. 

On 1/7/2022 at 5:52 AM, Ryan. said:
On 1/6/2022 at 9:32 PM, fastballspecial said:

thought the first 10 min of Book was great watching him escape.

Did I get an edited version of the episode or something? The entire escape sequence was thirty seconds of him sucking an oxygen tube and then using his flamethrower to magically tunnel out. 

Fine it was 30 seconds. It not like a had stopwatch next to me. Sheesh

On 1/6/2022 at 6:20 PM, littledoom said:

No, I'm actually enjoying it, and think where it's leading to will be awesome. I 100% trust in Dave and Jon and am ok with the slow burn and tbh the second episode was fantastic. Stick with it:foryou:

On 1/7/2022 at 11:56 AM, fastballspecial said:

Fine it was 30 seconds. It not like a had stopwatch next to me. Sheesh

Glad that's settled 🤝. I was so jazzed to see him escape from the pit and it was so...basic. I think my expectations were too high. 

I'm torn on the show. Through two episodes I'm not exactly enjoying it but I'll stick with it to see where it goes. 

On 1/6/2022 at 8:20 PM, littledoom said:

I’m enjoying it quite a bit… To each their own.

On 1/7/2022 at 5:49 AM, Troy Division said:

Johnny Favs and Filoni have taken their opportunity flip our perception of who or what the Tuskens raiders are.
A little like 'Dance with Wolves' but I find it interesting.

Yes, a little ‘Dances with Wolves’ and lot of ‘Lawrence of Arabia’.