• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,806 posts in this topic

Apparently there is a Comic's Buyer's Guide SUPPLEMENT that has an early appearance of HELLBOY.

I recently saw it sold for a jaw dropping amount (to me, anyway) on EBAY.

Here is a link to the completed auction, to get a look at the HELLBOY supplement.

LINK

Does anyone know the exact date of the CBG that it was featured in ?

thanks,

Jim.

Apparently there is a Comic's Buyer's Guide SUPPLEMENT that has an early appearance of HELLBOY.

Here is a link to the completed auction, to get a look at the HELLBOY supplement.

LINK

thanks,

Jim.

I believe it was Comic Buyer's Guide #1070.

The recent run of Magic The Gathering comics from IDW includes a MTG card sealed into each copy. So far the comics haven't made any impact as far as I can tell, but some of the cards have some player interest since they feature art different from the originals, and one thing MTGers love is alternate art cards (to "pimp" their decks). Standstill (Spell Thief #3) and Faithless Looting (MTG #1) are the leaders, and Electrolyze (MTG #4) are the cards people actually play with, and sell for more than cover price of the book itself. But it seems like none of the others are worthless, a couple bucks at least even if their regular versions sell for a nickel.

The interesting thing I've found is that the comic with the card listed in the comic section might sell for cover, but listing it in the MTG section brings double that. And since you can play up to 4 copies of a card in your deck, playsets of 4 copies bring a small premium.

Anyway, if you come across these books in a discount box, you might pick them up. that might not be easy, though, as I am seeing complete sealed sets of "Spell Thief" sell for up to $40, double cover.

Hottest Ungraded Modern Variants trending on eBay:

• Amazing Spider-Man #700 Ditko Variant (Who didn't see that one coming?)
  • Amazing Spider-Man #700 Midtown Variant
  • Amazing Spider-Man #700 Quesada Variant
  • Amazing Spider-Man #648 Cambell Sketch Variant
  • Incredible Hulk #2 Silvesti Sketch Variant (Where Hulk jumps the shark)
  • Justice League #1 52 Sketch Variant
  • Django Unchanged #1 Jim Lee Variant
  • Lady Mechankia #0 LBCC Variant
  • Justice League #5 Sketch Variant
  • Amazing Spider-Man #606 Black & White Variant (Who doesn't like a sexy Cambell Black Cat?)

View prices and bids for these comics here!

Edited by whetteon

So when is this spidey bubble gonna burst?

If it's not soon, my is going to hurt from kicking it so much for missing the boat on this.

I can relate to that. lol I saw stacks of these variant #700s sitting around around Xmas, and didn't see any signs that they would sell out. Even the Midtown variants here didn't sell out particularly fast... to be honest, I'm mystified why prices are so high on those right now. I ran a few ebay auctions this week and did pretty well, but hard not to feel like I left a lot on the table too.

i love when people guess what's going to happen....and then read their quotes a few months later to see how right or wrong they were....check out the first couple pages of the thief of thieves thread....by now the comic should be cancelled and dollar boxes should be packed full of #1s.

LINK

thanks,

Jim.

Wow!

I still don't want to sell mine, but... Wow! I had no idea.

Is this Superior Spider-Man #1 London SuperCon Variant going to follow the trend of the Midtown Variants? It can be found for about $8.00 on the web.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPERIOR-SPIDERMAN-1-RARE-LONDON-COMIC-CON-LSCC-VARIANT-PRE-SALE-NOT-MIDTOWN-/190779712558?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2c6b5b642e

Edited by awakeintheashes