• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

a local comic shop owner had WD #'s 18 & 19 on his wall. #18 was $150, #19 was $40. apparently he thought #18 was michonne's first appearance. i sold the book the same night i bought it for $225. another local owner keeps his back stock in storage. he had wd weekly #'s 9-33 in his storage, instead of his store. i bought them for $40 and sold them for $125. same guy sold me 8 wd image first books for $7 total. i got $10 for each one. yet another shop had wd #53, 61, & 92 in his back stock for 20% off cover price.

The Weeklies are awesome. I just bought a near complete set from a store yesterday for about $100, and the store owner was super happy to sell them to me. He thought he'd die with those things. I've filled in the gaps and I'm sure I can clear $300 for the set, pretty easy.

Exhibit A as to why LCSs are struggling. How can you run a business and not know the market value of your product? :screwy:

Especially a derivative of the hottest product available...

This is just poor, poor management.

+1

You see this across the nation. Shops dont stay up on books that are selling well. Its why many never utilize the internet effectively.

Edited by Fastballspecial

The Weeklies are awesome. I just bought a near complete set from a store yesterday for about $100, and the store owner was super happy to sell them to me. He thought he'd die with those things. I've filled in the gaps and I'm sure I can clear $300 for the set, pretty easy.

Exhibit A as to why LCSs are struggling. How can you run a business and not know the market value of your product? :screwy:

Especially a derivative of the hottest product available...

This is just poor, poor management.

+1

You see this across the nation. Shops dont stay up on books that are selling well. Its why many never utilize the internest effectively.

i make small money ALL THE TIME because of this. once a book becomes hot, i can always find a local store that has it for cover price or close to. $3, sell for $6-12 plus shipping. sure, not major money, but it adds up.

Is this the walking dead thread?

Funny that this spike is happening when the comic is at an all time low. I quit reading it in trade because it was boring and only watched part of the first season of the show for the same reason.

If I had any of them I would have already sold them. Anyone left holding these a year from now is going to be kicking themselves.

All of these comics are reprinted 1000x over...trades, hardcovers, weeklies...anyone who just wants to read can do so without paying out the nose. This is being fueled by speculation not casual or new fans.

:whistle:

behind-the-curtain.gif

Anyone left holding these a year from now is going to be kicking themselves.

no, i'll be quite happy next year looking at my full run.

Edited by Hawkman

Assuming the goal is to make money, Anyone left holding these a year from now is going to be kicking themselves.

I fixed it. :)

Assuming the goal is to make money, Anyone left holding these a year from now is going to be kicking themselves.

lol. perfect

lol. perfect

True, but I assumed the people hanging out in the eBay thread were trying to get paid.

(thumbs u

Same shop still has a big stack of 95s. I feel like I will get burned speculating on these as I see little qaction over cover on ebay

every store i called (23) today had at least a copy of WD 95. most didn't have anything before that tho

I just put in a request with one of my LCS to preorder 20 copies of each Walking Dead issue from #97 to #102 just because. We will see if these issues will have any value above cover or not.

i got mine putting 3 away of each. 1 for me, 2 to sell.

I just put in a request with one of my LCS to preorder 20 copies of each Walking Dead issue from #97 to #102 just because. We will see if these issues will have any value above cover or not.

Multiply what you did by across the country and across the number of like minded people and I think you'll have your answer before those books ever hit the stands.

If they even blip above cover price you'd better hump that sell button faster, than a boll weevil attacking a cotton ball factory.

Multiply what you did by across the country and across the number of like minded people and I think you'll have your answer before those books ever hit the stands.

If they even blip above cover price you'd better hump that sell button faster like a boll weevil attacking on a cotton ball factory.

Exactly what I was thinking. You do this before they get hot not while they are hot.