• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about the X-Men #25 Black & White + Gold Edition Variants

180 posts in this topic

You missed this one...Only one I have seen cause its in my possession :P

Manufacturing error didn't place the holo on the comic.

X-men25Front.jpg

:o

I didn't miss it because that book was an error. I was trying to find out some info on the Black & White and Gold Variants.

By the way NICE BOOK!! I WISH I HAD ONE!! (worship) (worship)

Loose lips sink ships... among other things.
lol

I guess I shouldn't have said it doh!

Auctions are like affairs. The more you talk about it, the more people know about it, and the less chance you have getting away with it. :gossip:

I bet RMA could square this up pretty quick. :(

Unfortunately at least four people would pile on him and argue with him about it just for the sake of arguing with him.

**UPDATE**

I was talking to a Shop owner last week and he told me that they were Variants based on how many copies Dealers initially ordered.

"He said it wasn't a ratio Variant like today's market but it was something like, for every 200 copies you ordered you got 4 B&Ws and 1 Gold.

He said that, even if you didn't order at least 100 copies you still got 1 B&W.

He said they also gave away an Oversized card that had a Fatal Attractions Hologram on it. You had to order at least 500 copies to get 1 Hologram Card. For every 500 copies you ordered you got 10 B&Ws and 2 Gold and 1 Hologram Card.

He said they also gave away a Sheet that contained all 6 Fatal Attractions Holograms on it you had to order at least 2,500 copies to get 1 Sheet that contained all 6 Fatal Attractions Holograms. For every 2,500 copies you ordered you got 25 B&Ws and 12 Golds and all 6 Oversized Cards with a Hologram and 1 Sheet that contained all 6 Fatal Attractions Holograms.

He said he thinks the B&Ws might be selling for more online just because Marvel was releasing Silver and Gold Cover 2nd Prints in previous years. So some people might think it's a second print or something like that. That might be the reason why people aren't paying more for them, but the Gold has a way lower Print Run than the Black & White and it should be worth a lot more than it is selling for."

He might be right because I know there are Oversized Cards out there that have the Fatal Attractions Holograms on them and I know there's a Hologram Sheet that contains a Set of all 6 Fatal Attractions Holograms.

I can see those numbers being pretty close to being right just because I've never seen a Gold out in the wild except for the 2 that CGC Board Member Benjamin Grimm gave me and I've seen at least 15 or more of the Black & Whites in Shops and at Cons.

I can also see the point he made about the online selling prices of the Gold being so low because of how Marvel was using Gold and Silver Covers for 2nd Prints in previous years.

So far that's best explanation I've heard about the 2 X-Men #25 Variants and it makes sense because I know the Over Sized Hologram Cards and Hologram Sheet/Sets were both Retailer Incentives. But I think he might be a little off on his ratios of how they were distributed.

I've been trying to obtain any and all info on these books for the last 3 to 5 months. Only 1 Dealer seemed to know exactly what I was talking about, when I asked about these 2 books. He seemed pretty confident in what he was telling me.

Has anyone else heard anything about these Variants? Can anyone confirm these numbers?

:o

Nice find on the information!! Can anyone confirm or counter that?!?

Here's the incentive Hologram Sheet, but I don't have any of the Oversized Cards.

Front:

100_2329.jpg

100_2339.jpg

Back:

100_2326.jpg

I think I have one of the oversize cards - but my Man Cave is not organised - so I will try and dig it out. :blush:

I have a card (blue background); about the size of a backing board - would love one of the 6 hologram sheets, though! Never seen that!

The Over Sized Blue Card is the Retailer Incentive for X-Men #1 NOT X-Men #25. Here's a picture of what it looks like.

X-Men1Hologram.jpg

This is what the the Over Size Fatal Attraction Hologram Cards look like. There's 6 different cards, one for each Hologram.

FatatAttractionsHologram.jpg

They're not as big as the Retailer Incentive X-Men #1 Card. It's only about 1/3 of the size of the Retailer Incentive X-Men #1 Hologram Card.

I would argue the blue hologram is not that rare. Out of all the incentives above I see the blue hologram at every trade show I have ever been too and alot of flea markets. The others are much more difficult to find in my opinion.

+1

The Blue Background Hologram isn't rare at all I was just letting people know what it was because someone said something about.

I also wanted to show the difference between the X-Men #1 Retailer Incentive Hologram and the X-Men #25 Retailer Incentive Hologram Set/Sheet and the Single Hologram Cards.

The X-Men #25 Retailer Incentive Hologram Set/Sheet and the Single Hologram Cards are a lot harder to find.