• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HEROES 2012!

1,155 posts in this topic

Howl at The Moon!

Ready for that Epicentre partying, huh?

Yup!

Bringing a buddy of mine to the show for the first time. I'll have to see if he can handle hanging out with all the geeky people :roflmao:

Online the Westin says that the con/block rate is sold out :o

After a 15 min phone call I got a room but man that was close whew!

We've had our room booked since the first of the year. Anyone have any idea how big the block is? Show is still over two months away and I figured rooms would be available on the block at least up until May or the 1st of June.

Online the Westin says that the con/block rate is sold out :o

After a 15 min phone call I got a room but man that was close whew!

We've had our room booked since the first of the year. Anyone have any idea how big the block is? Show is still over two months away and I figured rooms would be available on the block at least up until May or the 1st of June.

Heroes basically has the entire hotel blocked off. If you aren't getting in to get a room on line then call the hotel themselves.

I'm in the same spot as last year right behind the Heroes booth.

Booths 514-516-518

Come by and say hello!

David

Sounds like a plan! :)

Granite Falls, huh? Where is that in relation to Charlotte? Town sounds familiar...is it up towards Hickory?

Just North of Hickory on 321... I went to elementary school there...

Ah...I've been through there before. Thanks for the frame of reference, man.

Yep, about an hour from Charlotte!

I'm starting to think that the guest list must be filled up by now. In the Heroes Hotline for today, they gave a link saying to click to see the entire guest list. "Entire" sounds like it's pretty full to me. Plus, in looking at just the guest list alone, they've announced 180 individuals. Add to that the 53 already announced for Indie Island, plus all the dealers, exhibitors, and small press booths, I would be willing to bet it is pretty well full.

I know in the past that Shelton has always waited until closer to the show to announce the "biggest" names, but it looks like he's revealed most of the big names already. Anybody know how the numbers above compare to numbers for previous years? Maybe i'm underestimating here...

So where's the grub locale for this year???

I have plenty of people asking and most want

quiet/roomy place that isn't that expensive and has

decent food.

I am not from Charlotte or I would've scoped out a place towards these specs,

but for the locals here - what fits the bill???

hm

So where's the grub locale for this year???

I have plenty of people asking and most want

quiet/roomy place that isn't that expensive and has

decent food.

I am not from Charlotte or I would've scoped out a place towards these specs,

but for the locals here - what fits the bill???

hm

Looking through last year's thread, didn't y'all decide on 131 Main in 2011? If so, how did that work out for you? I've always heard that they have great food, although I understand that it is pricey.

I could recommend quite a few places near the convention center that are great for food, but I can't exactly comment on whether or not they comfortably accommodate a group of 30 people.

I would expect LOTS more names announced. Last year there were some solid old timers announced a week or two out.

Well I hope that you are right, only because I would like it if some surprises were saved for as we get closer to the show. Would live it if we could get Geoff Johns/Jim Lee for the show. Probably unlikely, but I am wish all that I want to. With this being the 30th anniversary of the Heroes Convention mixed with the fact that the show will be taking place a year after the new 52 was first announced, it seems fitting.

Booths 514-516-518

Come by and say hello!

David

Granite Falls, huh? Where is that in relation to Charlotte? Town sounds familiar...is it up towards Hickory?

Im sorry :baiting:

Booths 514-516-518

Come by and say hello!

David

Im sorry :baiting:

Hah! Me too. :)

131 Main caught on fire yesterday... I imagine it will be back up before the show, but still...

I still think you guys should check out VBGB with its huge patio, cornhole, ping pong, awesome beer selection, and great BBQ... provided everyone plans to get out before the Friday night craziness kicks in.

Queen City Q also just opened in the old LaVecchia's spot on the corner of 7th and the light rail. As I understand it, the original chef from Mac's BBQ created the menu here. I've fallen off on Mac's lately, but this place was pretty good. (also a good beer selection and an outside patio)

The Liberty on South Blvd (near the East/West light rail station) is about the same cost as 131... good food and also an interesting beer list.

Hickory Tavern and La Paz have also both just recently opened in the Met area (between Stonewall and Charlotte Town Centre near the Target and Trader Joe's. Both have decent outside areas and probably won't get TOO crowded. (I've always found La Paz to be way overpriced) (There is also Dressler's and Vivace right next door... both are a little more expensive... Vivace is one of my favorite places to eat (Italian), but I'm not sure it's ideal for a party unless you can get the upstairs)

As an aside, another new place called Brazz opened on The Green (next to Fuel pizza right across from the Convention Center). I'm not sure how their weekends or nights go, but during the week, the lunch is all-you-can-eat for $12. At night it's a brazillian style steakhouse... really good value for lunch.

I would fully expect at least 1 or two more names almost on a weekly basis up until the end of May unless they have just decided to change the way they have done it for years. It may actually be that they just can't get commitments until that close on certain people and there are always cancellations to equal it out.