• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HEROES 2012!

1,155 posts in this topic

What is so funny about that is I almost got on here last night and asked where Budd was....

Budd is one of my favorites. Can't wait to check out his stuff again. Definitely buying a few prints from him again this year, and I'm hoping that I can get him to do a commissioned piece for me this year.

What is so funny about that is I almost got on here last night and asked where Budd was....

Budd is one of my favorites. Can't wait to check out his stuff again. Definitely buying a few prints from him again this year, and I'm hoping that I can get him to do a commissioned piece for me this year.

If you're from Charlotte, it's MUCH easier (and cheaper) to get Budd at the quarterly Sunday shows at the Crowne Plaza that Rick (Capt Comics) runs.

If you're from Charlotte, it's MUCH easier (and cheaper) to get Budd at the quarterly Sunday shows at the Crowne Plaza that Rick (Capt Comics) runs.

Thanks for the head's up, man. Unfortunately, I just missed the last Charlotte Comicon, so Heroes is the next opportunity that I have to see Budd. I take it from your comments that he is quite popular? How much am I looking at just to get a commissioned penciled sketch from him with no color at Heroes?

Thanks for the head's up, man. Unfortunately, I just missed the last Charlotte Comicon, so Heroes is the next opportunity that I have to see Budd. I take it from your comments that he is quite popular? How much am I looking at just to get a commissioned penciled sketch from him with no color at Heroes?

This is a sample of what you get at the small Charlotte show for $50. I'm not sure what the price is at Heroes, but it's definitely more and the wait is MUCH longer. Approx 17*14, really big piece for $50! Psst......there are boobs behind that white box.

Picture349.jpg

This is what you get from Budd for FREE at Free Comic Book Day at Heroes.

blackcatroot.jpg

And just wait until you see the GREAT door prize we're giving away at the next Charlotte Comicon on August 5th :gossip::)

I still think you guys should check out VBGB with its huge patio, cornhole, ping pong, awesome beer selection, and great BBQ... provided everyone plans to get out before the Friday night craziness kicks in.

Queen City Q also just opened in the old LaVecchia's spot on the corner of 7th and the light rail. As I understand it, the original chef from Mac's BBQ created the menu here. I've fallen off on Mac's lately, but this place was pretty good. (also a good beer selection and an outside patio)

The Liberty on South Blvd (near the East/West light rail station) is about the same cost as 131... good food and also an interesting beer list.

Hickory Tavern and La Paz have also both just recently opened in the Met area (between Stonewall and Charlotte Town Centre near the Target and Trader Joe's. Both have decent outside areas and probably won't get TOO crowded. (I've always found La Paz to be way overpriced) (There is also Dressler's and Vivace right next door... both are a little more expensive... Vivace is one of my favorite places to eat (Italian), but I'm not sure it's ideal for a party unless you can get the upstairs)

As an aside, another new place called Brazz opened on The Green (next to Fuel pizza right across from the Convention Center). I'm not sure how their weekends or nights go, but during the week, the lunch is all-you-can-eat for $12. At night it's a brazillian style steakhouse... really good value for lunch.

dude last year you were spot on with that recommendation of 131, that was great...

I am down with any of your picks.

Question: Has anyone tried any of these???

A/ Bull & Barrister Draft House and Grille

B/ Kennedy's Premium Bar & Grill

C/ Flagstones at the Renaissance

D/ The Great American Grill

E/ The Grill Restaurant at Charlotte Marriott

F/ Mar Y Tierra Mexican Restaurant

The reason why I am asking is that I have the ability to get

a $100 off coupons to help spread the wealth so more folks can enjoy

and not have spend all of their con money on a night out.

But I am down with anything - just let me know.

I still think you guys should check out VBGB with its huge patio, cornhole, ping pong, awesome beer selection, and great BBQ... provided everyone plans to get out before the Friday night craziness kicks in.

Queen City Q also just opened in the old LaVecchia's spot on the corner of 7th and the light rail. As I understand it, the original chef from Mac's BBQ created the menu here. I've fallen off on Mac's lately, but this place was pretty good. (also a good beer selection and an outside patio)

The Liberty on South Blvd (near the East/West light rail station) is about the same cost as 131... good food and also an interesting beer list.

Hickory Tavern and La Paz have also both just recently opened in the Met area (between Stonewall and Charlotte Town Centre near the Target and Trader Joe's. Both have decent outside areas and probably won't get TOO crowded. (I've always found La Paz to be way overpriced) (There is also Dressler's and Vivace right next door... both are a little more expensive... Vivace is one of my favorite places to eat (Italian), but I'm not sure it's ideal for a party unless you can get the upstairs)

As an aside, another new place called Brazz opened on The Green (next to Fuel pizza right across from the Convention Center). I'm not sure how their weekends or nights go, but during the week, the lunch is all-you-can-eat for $12. At night it's a brazillian style steakhouse... really good value for lunch.

dude last year you were spot on with that recommendation of 131, that was great...

I am down with any of your picks.

Question: Has anyone tried any of these???

A/ Bull & Barrister Draft House and Grille

B/ Kennedy's Premium Bar & Grill

C/ Flagstones at the Renaissance

D/ The Great American Grill

E/ The Grill Restaurant at Charlotte Marriott

F/ Mar Y Tierra Mexican Restaurant

The reason why I am asking is that I have the ability to get

a $100 off coupons to help spread the wealth so more folks can enjoy

and not have spend all of their con money on a night out.

But I am down with anything - just let me know.

I'm good for anywhere you pick Wally (thumbs u

Trust if I have the money I plan to be there, last year was first year there and really enjoyed it. Just this year hoping that financially I can afford it after all these medical test and doctors I have had to see since September of last year.

I've been to Bull & Barrister once as it's near where my mom lives in Mt Holly... I liked it, but it's pretty far away from the convention center (unless there's another one I don't know about? The one I went to was off 485).

Kennedy's is actually a fun place that I forgot about... it's right across the street from the store (Heroes) and the Philosopher's Stone where they have the Con after-party on Sunday. PStone is pretty cool, but it can get REALLY hippified, so it helps if listening to Phish and Widespread don't make you want to gauge out your ears. Jackalope Jack's is just a block or so down the street as well if you're into a little more fratty kind of hang out. I've walked here before from work, so there are options in case the booze gets the best of anyone. (maybe a 30 minute walk)

I can see the Great American Grill out the window behind me right now, so it's incredibly close to the convention center and hotel. I've only been there once as well... Nothing special, but nothing to really complain about either. I don't recall it having an outside area or really feel like it was a good place to host a party. Maybe I'll slide in there during lunch today and see what it's like.

Never been to the two places in hotels, and I haven't heard of that Mexican place before either... I think maybe I've driven by it on the way to the airport, but I've never been in. If it's the place I'm thinking of, it certainly seemed big enough to be a nice place to meet, but it's a decent little hike away from the convention center.

This is a sample of what you get at the small Charlotte show for $50. I'm not sure what the price is at Heroes, but it's definitely more and the wait is MUCH longer. Approx 17*14, really big piece for $50! Psst......there are boobs behind that white box.

Picture349.jpg

This is what you get from Budd for FREE at Free Comic Book Day at Heroes.

blackcatroot.jpg

Thanks a lot for all of the information, man. I absolutely love Budd's stuff!!