• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Pogos / Walt Kelly Books!
5 5

387 posts in this topic

I posted this in the duck thread as well but since it's a Kelly cover I will post here too!

I saw the book up close and personal, Frank, and it looks even better in hand. Great acquisition. That book was the "steal of the show" today.

Enjoy it.

Steve

I think this is one ... but maybe not.

FourColor61804x1280_zps6c3d984c.jpg

According to CGC it is.

CGC is just noting his contribution to the interior art. It specifically says "Cover Art" when that applies.

I can't imagine that Kelly drew that cover. GCD credits Arthur Jameson whom I am not familiar with.

According to CGC it is.

CGC is just noting his contribution to the interior art. It specifically says "Cover Art" when that applies.

I can't imagine that Kelly drew that cover. GCD credits Arthur Jameson whom I am not familiar with.

Thanks for the correction. With the blush on the faces matching his other covers, I would have bet on Kelly. I'm glad I didn't. :grin:

According to CGC it is.

Thanks for the correction. With the blush on the faces matching his other covers, I would have bet on Kelly. I'm glad I didn't. :grin:

To me, it kind of has a "sketchy" look with visible line work that you don't much see in Kelly's work. But I know nothing about art -- apart from knowing what I like! :D

FourColor172_zps84883765.jpg
You are SLAYING the Four Color run! Monumental undertaking, but i see you're chugging right along :applause:

Thanks. Four Colors are definitely a long haul. There are (at least) a couple of other boardies who are much further along than me.