• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
31 31

3,554 posts in this topic

Picked up three 35s and one 30 today in the wild at WonderCon. Paid a total of $8. ^^ Not high grade, but hello mister for that price. Two Defenders, a Peter Parker 9 and a Thor 246. Also a Hulk 271 for $1.

Very nice you picked up a very nice selection there. All with one dealer or multiple?

I sold the out of those Hulks a few months back.

Picked up three 35s and one 30 today in the wild at WonderCon. Paid a total of $8. ^^ Not high grade, but hello mister for that price. Two Defenders, a Peter Parker 9 and a Thor 246. Also a Hulk 271 for $1.

In a related news story I got out sniped for the Thor 246 on EBAY - damn NCAA game. :(

So who got the auction ended early and snagged the CGC 4.5 rawhide kid 141 35 center off of ebay?

:popcorn:

Doubt you will find someone to admit to it.

I do know three people you can cross off the list tho- the person who sent me the link, me, and the person I forwarded the link to...

I feel lucky that I have a copy, but the person I sent the link to doesn't even get a chance.

So who got the auction ended early and snagged the CGC 4.5 rawhide kid 141 35 center off of ebay?

I do know three people you can cross off the list tho- the person who sent me the link, me, and the person I forwarded the link to...

I feel lucky that I have a copy, but the person I sent the link to doesn't even get a chance.

I'm tapped out of cash or I would have tried to get it and I really wanted to see how many bids and how high that book would go.

Dang sellers that sell off of ebay the site after getting bids on their items is just scummy for both the buyer and seller.

I'm tapped out of cash or I would have tried to get it and I really wanted to see how many bids and how high that book would go.

Dang sellers that sell off of ebay the site after getting bids on their items is just scummy for both the buyer and seller.

It is a small group, so most likely you know the scummy buyer.

Don't know who got it but it's gone. I asked him to relist it if he still had it but he doesn't. He took $800 for it. I saw the book had bids on it and I was surprised he ended it. I had made him an offer on a book he listed at auction a couple of years ago that had no bids and he told me then he doesn't end auctions early because it upsets some of his regulars and he wants to keep up auctions for the whole time. 2 years later, his response in regards to this book he told me he never ends auctions early but he took the 800 on this book because he thought that was too high for anyone to bite and he didn't realize the sudden increase in price for the book.

Don't really know what to say to that. He has 18K feedback and has sold price variants in the past, the book is rare, which he must know, it got a bunch of bids in the 1st couple of hours of the start of the auction and then a high offer comes in. I guess not enough indicators the book was going to do well.

I was pizzed the Rawhide Kid was pulled. I asked seller if he was going to relist and got no reply.

So I swung by my LCS and got a couple of low-graders to drown my sorrows with.

All-in-all I think the $9.00 I spent was well worth it.

Scan5_zps9948cac0.jpeg

Not sure if this is the right place but.....lets say you have one comic that has different price boxes......does that make any difference in value just like the actual price variants?

Here is an example.....this is what I see on most comics

portrait_incredible.jpg

This is what I see here and there....notice the difference in the price area.....it is now a rhombus.

18892-3007-21113-1-marvel-spotlight.jpg

I even see some that are Circular....

Or is that just indicator of a new volume within a series?

The top comic is an example of a newstand distribution edition while the bottom was a direct sales edition. Normally the newstand editions of this era have a upc in the lower left corner but that scan has it blacked out. The price boxes evolved over time but the upc boxes were very different for many years as the direct sale version has some type of art while the newstand editions had the upc code.

Oh Flying One, how inept is the Overstreet Price Guide this year? I looked up Kid Colt and was woefully disappointed...I'm sure the rest follows suit. It almost bothers me more than the rest when X-Men 98-100 are listed higher than 105-107...RIDICULOUS