• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manhattan Projects

1,044 posts in this topic

i thought most people disliked additional printings?

Manhattan Projects #1 second print at a really low print run (I think around 5,000) and the cover looks like an atomic bomb which is pretty neat.

That is the only reason it is getting so much cash.

i thought most people disliked additional printings?

Manhattan Projects #1 second print at a really low print run (I think around 5,000) and the cover looks like an atomic bomb which is pretty neat.

That is the only reason it is getting so much cash.

the second print of #1 has the red sun disc of Japan and a torii (japanese gate).

Here you go...

poster02a.jpgposter03a.jpgposter04a.jpg

These are fantastic, thanks for posting them. A shame they weren't released as promo posters. Saw these last year on CA. Lots of cool MP coverage on that site, including a great interview of Hickman by Chris Sims. Am currently out of town, will post links later.

I love this book, but think the prices were all speculator driven.It's just not a wide appeal book. I can see them all dropping to cover price in the not-too-distant future.

I agree...the premise, at least, doesn't scream "wide appeal". Einstein and Oppenheimer as main characters? If Hickman wasn't attached as the writer, this book would have never had a chance.*

That it has any popularity at all can be attributed (at least partly) to unusually strong word of mouth. The fan base feels like it's made up more by readers than speculators. The book is less likely to be affected by how speculators perceive its value. A better place to be in the long run.

* Unless it was released now in the "Image gold rush" environment where a book about *anything* sells a gazillion copies copies to those betting on the next WD/SAGA.

Been reading this series from the get-go. Really enjoyed it even though Hickman's style has left me wanting me in previous titles. Today I pulled out all my copies from 1-8 thinking I might sell but I think all will grade out at 9.8 except maybe 2 and 6 so they are going in my 'CGC pile'.

I put my 2nd print #1 up in my sales thready the other day for $25 and it sold in minutes. A few boardies PMd me asking if I had another. When I priced mine out, I ignored the one eBay listing that went for over $100 because I figured that was a fluke. There are far less 2nd prints than 1st prints but that is the case for a lot of titles and the 2nds are never worth anything near what the 1st is.

I posted this in the "Best looking comic book" thread yesterday and it was completely ignored :cry:.

Maybe it'll get more appreciation here. All the first print covers (released and solicited to date). Atomic bomb cover clearly visible as #3...

5l3te8.jpg2poclxx.jpgnycop5.jpg68cwms.jpg

35ltdtt.jpg2jeeatx.jpg2ef5p34.jpg2ykymq0.jpg

2cwqbb.jpgo5rlao.jpgwc1j60.jpg25jgx3c.jpg

2ldgdfm.jpgdfhd9e.jpg

Edited by Balham's Finest