• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COLLECTOR AND PRICE VULTURES BEWARE-WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE

460 posts in this topic

Some comic books lead the pack..action 1...no rules on that book, other than YOU get it if you can.

But cC4Fun would you buy the check that "STOLE SUPERMAN" and display that in your collection, I do not think you would ever sink that low????????

Are you completely incapable of grasping the fact that different people have differing collecting interests? :makepoint:

When it is in the world of comic book fandom and $ wise its 40K.....I give a rats assssss.

Exactly. Which is why ridicule and contempt are being heaped upon you in this thread.

You folks know one thing....when I say it, I mean it.

We need to step up things here on the fourm and encourage sound business practices when buying collectables....unless its Action comics #1...then forget about it.

Gotcha. ;)

ACTN_1.jpg

If only Action #1 is worth collecting, that leaves a very small fan base doesnt it.

I would not pay 500K for PL...400k..no just kidding, the problem is if read my predictions post in Gold you will see either I am luckly or know my stuff..remember been collecting for over 50 years.

David knows me well, there is a lot of garbage here in General, but I take everything to heart.

The point I am trying to make is what is the value of S/S hair...why is collectable..and heck they did not even say where the hair came from???

If we start paying WACKY prices for related collectables..then WE lose credibility when it comes to the good stuff such as SA/GA comics....I hit nerve here with this post.....it is good some times to stop and look outside the situation.

Roy used to include pubic hair with every purchase, but he has since discontinued that part of his service. :(

:(

I would not pay 500K for PL...400k..no just kidding, the problem is if read my predictions post in Gold you will see either I am luckly or know my stuff..remember been collecting for over 50 years.

Hey Mitch,

I read your prediction the Gold Forum and you are wrong most the time. The only times you are right is the very obvious cases like "the Heritage auction with a lot of real good key books will have a big total" and the prediction you make after the fact, otherwise you are completely and total wrong.

David knows me well, there is a lot of garbage here in General, but I take everything to heart.

The point I am trying to make is what is the value of S/S hair...why is collectable..and heck they did not even say where the hair came from???

If we start paying WACKY prices for related collectables..then WE lose credibility when it comes to the good stuff such as SA/GA comics....I hit nerve here with this post.....it is good some times to stop and look outside the situation.

Roy used to include pubic hair with every purchase, but he has since discontinued that part of his service. :(

That's what happens when you pack all your orders naked.

It's less a calling card and more of a quality control issue.

Thankfully he abandoned his plan for a mail order organic yogurt business.

I have noticed a lot of negative energy on this and the gold fourm lately. It is time we call these negative forces by force by Name. We let them dicuss and fill our minds full of negative energy. The minute anybody says anything positive they always flip it. You have gotten use to it on this site. I on the other hand are calling you guys OUT.

What is a collector vulture?....let me give you a current example of the S/S check that bought superman. They were taken to the cleaners, in fact this and the sale of Manhattan island for a box of trickets. The weapon of choice from the "collector vulture" is GREED..Now this check with S/S names spelled wrong is at something like $40,000.00. Who in there right mind thinks this is worth $40,000.00 of golden age or silver age comics or original art. They actually tried to sell some of his hair.......is that the lowest of the low....

A "collector vulture" preys on selling the lowest of the low and marketing it as the highest of the high....but the real reality is that is is worth NOTHING....Board members beware.

What is a pricing vulture? Somebody that just cannot wait to say some board member lost money. recently on the gold comics board...they were talking about a billy book that sold for 1900 and had to be dumped in a hurry for 1500...they just can not wait to say...He lost money.......Also when you talk or give your opinion about the future of golden age and positive price grown as , they jump in and call you "a cheerleader" for GA prices.

Folks, this is a very important time for all comic book collectors, but some of the stuff I have seen lately does look good. BACK ME UP HERE.....

If the computers in the original Star Trek could have embraced conflicting notions as easily as Mitch, then Kirk would never have been able to confuse them until they blew up.

(and in case it's lost on anyone, aside from Mitch, the contradiction in this might as well be in giant neon letters. i.e. -- People are bad because they won't agree with me that a collectible someone else likes is worthless. And people are also bad when they say collectibles I like are not worth as much as I say.)

As usual you are 100% off..BC....A piece of crapp is a piece of crapp no matter how you dress it, whether or not is S/S pubic hair or the check that "stole" superman...it is what it is....OVERHYPED JUNK..MAKE THAT 40,000.00 dollars of overhyped junk

That's what makes him "Monarch Material" in the first place.

Is there actually a title to aspire to? If so, I've clearly wasted my life up to this point.

As usual you are 100% off..BC....A piece of crapp is a piece of crapp no matter how you dress it, whether or not is S/S pubic hair or the check that "stole" superman...it is what it is....OVERHYPED JUNK

The check did not "steal" Superman as S and S had a more extensive and formal contract later which they were very happy to have, and which laid out profit participation. They claimed THAT contract, subsequent to this check, was violated when they sued DC, and lost.

This is the check that marked the beginning of superheroes in comics.

Lots of people like superman. Not all of them are comic collectors. Some are lawyers and bankers, and some are people who appreciate the "art of the deal." Some of them might, because of their personal interests, find this more interesting than a copy of Action 1, I would not agree, but I'd have no business telling them they are wrong to buy it or that they might never resell it for more, because I can very easily see and understand why someone would want this and want it a lot.

Others are like yourself. Really into comics and obsessed, obsessed obsessed with how many defects a comic book has but even more obsessed -- obsessed beyond all description -- with HOW a defect got there. You don't mind if something once owned by a "famous" collector was marked up the collector to ID it as his, because you identify with the collector himself more than you do with other people, even the people who created the comics themselves being secondary in your mind to the people who collected them.

That is your personal choice and nothing wrong it. What's wrong is the way you insist that anybody with other preferences is wrong and that anyone who sells anything to them is a crook. And what';s even more wrong is that you work very hard to drive down the value of other people's merchandise in ways that a clever lawyer wouldn't have to work very hard to call it tortious interference.

And what's even worse is that you can't use proper grammar when doing so.

Is there actually a title to aspire to? If so, I've clearly wasted my life up to this point.

As have many of us.

Oddly enough, accolades from kindergarten are acceptable titles to carry into middle age.

So if you have any of those, you are already set.

As have many of us.

Oddly enough, accolades from kindergarten are acceptable titles to carry into middle age.

Good to know.

-THE EARL OF FRUIT ROLL-UP

As have many of us.

Good to know.

I'm the Duke of "Can Wipe Himself". It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance.

As have many of us.

Good to know.

I'm the Duke of "Can Wipe Himself". It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance.

Pleasure is all mine. Just wash your hands before you touch my fruit roll-up.