• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COLLECTOR AND PRICE VULTURES BEWARE-WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE

460 posts in this topic

I know Mitch pretty well; he's a nice guy in person, and passionate about comics, but message board-speak and communicating in person are two different things. (shrug)

His garbage has got zero to do with 'internet miscommunication' and everything to do with his head not being wired right. (thumbs u

FT, you're an excellent communicator and have good people skills; can't you cut the poor bloke a little slack? (shrug)

Who knows, after a couple of pints of good English ale you might come off less articulate than Mitch! hm

"Poor Bloke!?"

Is this the same guy who had a self coronation right here in CG proclaiming himself the "King of Comics"? lol

It's not a lack of articulation that gets him in trouble with the board, it's a lack of occasional familiarity with this plane of reality.

Oh, and humility. Also, perspective.

The odd thing is, given their relative relevancy, ability, respect and esteem in the hobby today FT has a far more compelling claim to the throne than our occasionally estranged "King of Comics", but he'd never say it.

That's what makes him "Monarch Material" in the first place.

David knows me well, there is a lot of garbage here in General, but I take everything to heart.

The point I am trying to make is what is the value of S/S hair...why is collectable..and heck they did not even say where the hair came from???

If we start paying WACKY prices for related collectables..then WE lose credibility when it comes to the good stuff such as SA/GA comics....I hit nerve here with this post.....it is good some times to stop and look outside the situation.

I have to disagree. Comics are just as silly as anything else. They have no intrinsic value aside from the nostalgic sensation we get. The money we spend on any collectible in order to populate a shelf in our "man cave", "comic room", etc. can do so much more practical good.

An argument for silly spending is silly in and of itself.

I know Mitch pretty well; he's a nice guy in person, and passionate about comics, but message board-speak and communicating in person are two different things. (shrug)

His garbage has got zero to do with 'internet miscommunication' and everything to do with his head not being wired right. (thumbs u

FT, you're an excellent communicator and have good people skills; can't you cut the poor bloke a little slack? (shrug)

Who knows, after a couple of pints of good English ale you might come off less articulate than Mitch! hm

"Poor Bloke!?"

Is this the same guy who had a self coronation right here in CG proclaiming himself the "King of Comics"? lol

It's not a lack of articulation that gets him in trouble with the board, it's a lack of occasional familiarity with this plane of reality.

The odd thing is, given their relative relevancy, ability, respect and esteem in the hobby today FT has a far more compelling claim to the throne than our occasionally estranged "King of Comics", but he'd never say it.

The actual "coronation" by Mitch's classmates back in the '70's has been well documented and he did get some press coverage over it, but it's best to keep that aspect of fan history in perspective. I think Mitch's plane of reality still flies, it's just prop driven. ;)

"Poor Bloke!?"

The actual "coronation" by Mitch's classmates back in the '70's has been well documented and he did get some press coverage over it, but it's best to keep that aspect of fan history in perspective. I think Mitch's plane of reality still flies, it's just prop driven. ;)

lol

I once told a person I was interviewing for an employment position that if the most impressive thing on your resume happened when the person interviewing you was in 3rd grade that you may have peaked too early.

You folks know one thing....when I say it, I mean it.

We need to step up things here on the fourm and encourage sound business practices when buying collectables....unless its Action comics #1...then forget about it.

2012 is a very interesting year and I am not gonna let you forget that...but we need to be very careful for we are at a turning point where values might get stuck for a while.

And you will still be an idiot 10 years from now. (thumbs u

Im agree with SS :hi:

We need to step up things here on the fourm and encourage sound business practices when buying collectables....unless its Action comics #1...then forget about it.

Yes only buy what I like or its stupid and/or toilet paper

Way to carve out an exception that conveniently prevents you from applying your current advice to your own past actions. lol

There was a thread about this already...it was called "What I collect Rulz, What you collect Droolz."

2012 is a very interesting year and I am not gonna let you forget that...but we need to be very careful for we are at a turning point where values might get stuck for a while.

And you will still be an idiot 10 years from now. (thumbs u

Im agree with SS :hi:

Not only do I agree, but its the smartest thing ive ever heard in my life

Some comic books lead the pack..action 1...no rules on that book, other than YOU get it if you can.

But cC4Fun would you buy the check that "STOLE SUPERMAN" and display that in your collection, I do not think you would ever sink that low????????

Some comic books lead the pack..action 1...no rules on that book, other than YOU get it if you can.

But cC4Fun would you buy the check that "STOLE SUPERMAN" and display that in your collection, I do not think you would ever sink that low????????

Are you completely incapable of grasping the fact that different people have differing collecting interests? :makepoint:

That check is the ultimate cautionary tale in the realm of creators' rights and intellectual property as a whole.

It's an incredibly important piece of comic history and one of the cornerstones of the history of how creators have been treated and how far they've come from being throw away pieces to the process to being able to own their creations and master their future.

For someone who so tightly clings to an event nearly 35 years in the past I would think that you, especially you, would be able to recognize how people might think an event from the past such as this may still teach us important lessons today.

Are you completely incapable of grasping the fact that different people have differing collecting interests? :makepoint:

Did you seriously think he is capable of comprehending that? No only buy what MM likes or its a waste of money. Sometimes i find myself thinking "why do some people waste there money on certain things" but then they could say the same about me and collecting comics. Whatever floats your boat and as long as you happy thats all that matters in my eye. Mitch is incapable of branching out from his view on reality, unless hes doing all this to be funny, but I highly doubt it

David knows me well, there is a lot of garbage here in General, but I take everything to heart.

The point I am trying to make is what is the value of S/S hair...why is collectable..and heck they did not even say where the hair came from???

If we start paying WACKY prices for related collectables..then WE lose credibility when it comes to the good stuff such as SA/GA comics....I hit nerve here with this post.....it is good some times to stop and look outside the situation.

I have to disagree. Comics are just as silly as anything else. They have no intrinsic value aside from the nostalgic sensation we get. The money we spend on any collectible in order to populate a shelf in our "man cave", "comic room", etc. can do so much more practical good.

An argument for silly spending is silly in and of itself.

That's the first thing that came to my mind too. Checks, comics, hair, paper money...they all combust the same way in an open flame.

lol