• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COLLECTOR AND PRICE VULTURES BEWARE-WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE

460 posts in this topic

Mitch is great. He single-handedly pulled the stick out of the GA Forum's collective arse.

There haven't been that many fireworks over there since the Obediah Oldbuck Affair a few years back.

He's a bit of a loon, but he wipes his behind with your collection.

I <3 this post.

+1

With Chris and Sean posting at the same time, I'm just redundant.

Dude, Luxx is nuttier than a jar of Mel Gibson brand Peanut Butter.

Yeah, but that's part of his charm. You know when luxxy shows up, it's going to be fun. With Mehdy, there is no fun.

Mitch generates more posts quicker with his threads than most for a reason. Why do people post if, on some level, they are not entertained? Why are they spending leisure time (or time not working) suffering a Mitch thread, when there are a number of other "serious" threads getting no replies?

The dude is pure fun, even if that fun is derived from derision.

...and Denial isn't a river in Africa. :makepoint:

Oh, I'm not denying that.

As Jeffro says though, you know exactly what you are getting and it's usually a lot of entertainment.

Yeah. I really enjoy his bigotry and racial stuff.

I sit here slapping my knee laughing my off.

Yeah, but that's part of his charm. You know when luxxy shows up, it's going to be fun. With Mehdy, there is no fun.

Mitch generates more posts quicker with his threads than most for a reason. Why do people post if, on some level, they are not entertained? Why are they spending leisure time (or time not working) suffering a Mitch thread, when there are a number of other "serious" threads getting no replies?

This post demands the "Are you Not Entertained Anteater." Someone please post it for me.

This post demands the "Are you Not Entertained Anteater." Someone please post it for me.

I am all out of Anteaters....

Gingerkid-1.jpg

Gingerkid-1.jpg

(worship)

Gingerkid-1.jpg

Here, you can borrow mine...

_ed521b103182c1cdea09db3882979f67.jpg

Nice creepy ginger kid, btw.

I have noticed a lot of negative energy on this and the gold fourm lately. It is time we call these negative forces by force by Name. We let them dicuss and fill our minds full of negative energy.

This sounds pretty much like a Dianetics theory. I miss Ron Hubbard as a science fiction writer… :(

You're right - no one can tell others what to spend their money on - but everyone is entitled to their opinions. My opinion is get this cr@p out of CG. Checks, coins and stamps are about as boring as reading a dictionary.

Oooh! Dictionaries!!!

Heritage Auction sales:

Webster's American Dictionary of the English Language (1828)... $34,655

Samuel Johnson's Dictionary, 2 vols., (1755) ... $14,340

They're probably Chinese forgeries.

You're right - no one can tell others what to spend their money on - but everyone is entitled to their opinions. My opinion is get this cr@p out of CG. Checks, coins and stamps are about as boring as reading a dictionary.

Oooh! Dictionaries!!!

Heritage Auction sales:

I would have expected the Johnson set to fetch more (shrug) GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

+1

Mitch is fun if you enjoy watching someone poke a stick in someone's eye and consider that fun.

Which of course, you and Sean do.

As Jeffro says though, you know exactly what you are getting and it's usually a lot of entertainment.

Well, as I've said before I've never seen his racial stuff (or remember seeing it), except for the old Florida citrus fruit ads where they were about as racial as a 1944 comic book. I think some people got up in arms about those but they were just time period artwork.

Anyway, what 'ev. You can take Mitch and have him.

:makepoint:

Mitch if fun if you enjoy watching poking a stick in someone's eye and consider that fun.

Normally, I would too enjoy the stick poking. When it comes to Mehdy, it's just old and tired. It's been done. He's not worth the effort. The absolute worst thing you can do to this guy is ignore him.

Well, as I've said before I've never seen his racial stuff (or remember seeing it), except for the old Florida citrus fruit ads where they were about as racial as a 1944 comic book. I think some people got up in arms about those but they were just time period artwork.

Anyway, what 'ev. You can take Mitch and have him.

:makepoint:

I never saw the stuff either. (shrug)

Gingerkid-1.jpg

Here, you can borrow mine...

_ed521b103182c1cdea09db3882979f67.jpg

Nice creepy ginger kid, btw.

He's adorable!!!

Oooh! Dictionaries!!!

Heritage Auction sales:

They were popular sellers even in 1755, and copies are not that hard to turn up. My father was negotiating with a library that had 2 copies many years ago... they were willing to sell off their duplicate. It was close, but they finally couldn't agree on the price. The binding looked very similar to the last copy sold at Heritage... maybe the same one for all I know? I don't know as much about the Webster's, but perhaps scarcer? There also tends to be a price prejudice for books printed in early America (at least in this country).

Oooh! Dictionaries!!!

Heritage Auction sales:

It may have gone for more, but he kept using "Your" when he meant "You're" and the inclusion of "Fo' Shizzle" was, sadly, over a century too soon for society.

Mitch is fun if you enjoy watching someone poke a stick in someone's eye and consider that fun.

I love you guys, but you can all be so full of mess sometimes.

People flock to these threads because they derive some satisfaction, either from mocking Mitch, or watching him get mocked by others. Why is it so hard for people to admit that they take pleasure in absolute ing nonsense? The righteous indignation act is as much of a self-deception as Mitch's delusions of comic-grandeur.

I love you guys, but you can all be so full of mess sometimes.

People flock to these threads because they derive some satisfaction, either from mocking Mitch, or watching him get mocked by others. Why is it so hard for people to admit that they take pleasure in absolute ing nonsense? The righteous indignation act is as much of a self-deception as Mitch's delusions of comic-grandeur.

I embrace the CG horror.