• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
20 20

4,886 posts in this topic

I got my first realization at the world popularity of comics when I was driving back into downtown Guatemala City in 2002 and saw a massive billboard with Wolverine jumping out at you. Definitely didn't expect to see that. I am going to visit Colombia next week, maybe look for some new comics in Espanol.

Chao

I am going to visit Colombia next week, maybe look for some new comics in Espanol.

You do that, and look especially for the small size Spider-man comics published by GRECO and CINCO. They were published in the late 1970's and are almost impossible to find today, since there are no Colombian comic sellers on eBay...

These came in yesterday:

001wep.jpg

002fyx.jpg

003aya.jpg

004wge.jpg

The argentinean 'El Tony' issues are one of my absolute favourites among the foreign issues. They were issued as supplements, and there's only 38 of them so it should not be impossible to complete a set sometime in the future (with these four, I now have 14), but after the supplements ended, Spider-man continued to be published directly printed in the El Tony magazine, sometimes making a small appearance on the cover. I don't know for how long this was, or how many El Tony issues there are to find, exactly. The research continues...

These came in yesterday:

001wep.jpg

002fyx.jpg

003aya.jpg

004wge.jpg

The argentinean 'El Tony' issues are one of my absolute favourites among the foreign issues. They were issued as supplements, and there's only 38 of them so it should not be impossible to complete a set sometime in the future (with these four, I now have 14), but after the supplements ended, Spider-man continued to be published directly printed in the El Tony magazine, sometimes making a small appearance on the cover. I don't know for how long this was, or how many El Tony issues there are to find, exactly. The research continues...

(worship) Beautiful work sir! Hadn't heard of the Argentinean "El Tony" issues? So, what keys are represented? Is there a 1st Kingpin by chance? What about a 129? hm

There is no 129 on that....

Bummer.... :P

Not anything earth shattering but in the spirit of keeping this thread alive... some variants I picked up recently... I enjoy presenting foreigns next to thier American counterparts, always have!

Star Wars #1 (American, German)

Star_wars1_German_forums.jpg

Peep the lack of Spidey sense on the Dutch cover? Then notice the expanded Spidey sense on the Brazilian? hm

Secret Wars #8 (American, Dutch, Brazilian)

Secret_Wars1_Dutch_Brazilian_forum.jpg

Wolverine Limited #1 (American, Dutch, Brazilian)

Wolverine_limited1_Dutch_Brazilian_forum.jpg

Here's stuff I have that's available for trade/sale, although I'd rather trade honestly. If you'd like specifics on the condition of anything just let me know.

I'm mostly looking for stuff with covers by Neal Adams (particularly foreign Batman #232s), Bernie Wrightson and Nick Cardy. Also Captain America or Krypto covers as well as Alan Class or L. Miller UK reprints that have Marvel covers.

th_AmazingSpierMan77.jpgth_Batman3.jpgth_Batman5.jpgth_Batman9D.jpgth_Batman15.jpgth_Batman17.jpg

th_Batman18.jpgth_Batman20.jpgth_Batman21.jpgth_Batman426T.jpgth_Batman427D.jpgth_Batman427T.jpg

th_Batman428T.jpgth_Batman429T.jpgth_Daredevil1.jpgth_Daredevil2.jpgth_Detective575.jpgth_Detective577.jpg

th_Devil50.jpgth_Devil51.jpgth_FantasticFour8.jpgth_GruneLaterne114.jpgth_Hulk1.jpgth_IncredibleHulk2.jpg

th_IronMan8182.jpgth_Namor.jpgth_Superman15.jpgth_SupermanBatman14.jpgth_TeenTitans1.jpgth_Thor.jpg

th_Thor1.jpgth_Thor2.jpgth_Thor27.jpgth_TochaHumana10b.jpgth_Warlock9.jpgth_Warlock11.jpg

I'm glad to see you got those Liam, I'm still waiting on the one from you. Stupid slow Canada/US Post offices. lol

I'm surprised it's not there yet! Let me know as soon as it gets there. I hope you like it :)

I'm sure it'll show up tomorrow or Monday. I'll keep you posted. (thumbs u