• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,373 posts in this topic

I think a show is coming..I am selling a set, I don't have a choice in it, a shill and an sob really? I don't see a mention of a show in my ad, or on any of my sales..so call me names all you want..I love this series, I have to sell a run off for the cash, I don't plan on making close to what I have in it. Why am I explaining this too anyone..Those who know me, know I have never ripped off, or self promoted..Whats really sad is that some people who I have sold too and bought items from are calling me names, very sad indeed..And bedlam was a show in England..Not sure it followed the comic, but wasn't bad..now hurry find someone else to accuse of..And make sure they don't say anything positive about what they are selling..And yes I do have a hunch on Revival being a show..even without the set I would have a hunch..

hm

It's a shame that NBC screwed this title over. I hope resurrection is a turd fest. :sumo:

Yes it is. I haven't seen resurrection, but I think it's funny (and sad) they ripped this from the comic.

why option when you can just lift? Northlanders = Vikings no?

There you go, removed my sale as to not upset anyone..Let me know when I have your approval to sell any of the revivals..Oh and I forgot to ask, I have an SA signed by Stan up..Is that ok, or since I think Stan is a great man I should take it down also, let me know..I don't wanna mention the title, might be a shill type thing..

Edited by KyleG40

I'm with you on that... It's nice to have books everyone wants it's even better not having to fight for or pay other the odds for ones you want.

having spent almost a month in england last summer, my brit radar goes off with "other the odds" as being some kind of English expression lol

I know what you are saying, but some of the idioms just make me laugh. "Bits and bobs" for instance threw me the first time I heard it used, with a strong accent, said quite quickly.

Edited by CBT

Now is the time to snag these up at great prices. I figured out putting a 600.00 price tag on a set of 1-17 plus cbdlf puts each issue graded at about 30.00 a piece..last year was about 700-1k for 1-8 or so..A show is coming..Maybe resurrection was a good thing, it showed viewership for a revival show...
I didn't realize you had a sale thread going. Perhaps if the first post had made clear that it was a hunch not a fact it would not have appeared so nefarious. But do you see how someone could construe these circumstances as shilling? We call each other out, not to witch hunt but rather to maintain the integrity of these boards. I accept your statement that you did not intent to shill, and give you the benefit of the doubt that it was just a poor choice of wording. But it did look bad.

I would never shill..I don't need too..If something sells it sells, if it doesn't it just doesn't..I have sold books to some of the people calling me a shill..I get my books out the day of the sale..I guess I just don't get the jump on the bandwagon mentality of some..I would expect those who have had dealings with me, know me better than that..wishful thinking I guess

hm

It's a shame that NBC screwed this title over. I hope resurrection is a turd fest. :sumo:

Yes it is. I haven't seen resurrection, but I think it's funny (and sad) they ripped this from the comic.

I understand the connection with NBC, but Resurrection is nothing like Revival. Neither is the short story The First that led into The Returned which Resurrection is based off of.

The only similarity is that people are coming back from the dead.

I have read the short story, the book and watched every episode of the show so far. Personally I feel very confident that Revival would/will make a better show but I do no feel anything was ripped from Revival.

I would never shill..I don't need too..If something sells it sells, if it doesn't it just doesn't..I have sold books to some of the people calling me a shill..I get my books out the day of the sale..I guess I just don't get the jump on the bandwagon mentality of some..I would expect those who have had dealings with me, know me better than that..wishful thinking I guess

KG, I did see some of the posts mentioning shill and even the s.o.b. post which I thought was out of line. In my post though, I did not address or play off any of that. I was simply ribbing what seemed to be a ridiculous situation and set of circumstances.

No ill will intended on my part; if you read my post you can see it's all in jest. Take that as you will and lastly imo you shouldn't have removed your sales thread... 2c

hm

why option when you can just lift? Northlanders = Vikings no?

Good point. Vikings rocks !

hm

I don't think NBC ripped it from the comic book. NBC ripped it from a French TV show, which ripped it from a movie, which probably ripped it from a book. So really Revival is just a rip.

The French is called The Returned, It actually isn't anything at all like Revival yet. They could always put a spin on the reasoning the returned are here etc..I kinda enjoy the show, it could be better, but its something different to watch from Zombies etc. As for the shill part, after checking the gpa, I thought a low price was pretty good for all 16 issues graded..I don't mind pulling a sale though. If it takes away the thoughts of me having dubious thoughts. I sit at home and try to figure out how to lie and boost my sales nightly. Its on my to do list..

Kyle, I gave you a :facepalm: because...

We JUST had oceanavekid starting a new thread "Image Comics are on fire" and talking about several "new" Image titles that are hot and how he's a buyer. In reality, they aren't on fire in the secondary market as he claimed which seemed peculiar at the time. A few weeks later - guess who has some Image slabs for sale. ;) This isn't the first time it's happened that people are talking out of the side of their mouths. Anytime people talk about how great a book is and how hot it is - only to be selling it in another thread, it seems disingenuous. You can't fault people for feeling some level of :eyeroll:

I'm sure that wasn't your intention - but that's just how it came across. :foryou:

I'm with you on that... It's nice to have books everyone wants it's even better not having to fight for or pay other the odds for ones you want.

having spent almost a month in england last summer, my brit radar goes off with "other the odds" as being some kind of English expression lol

I know what you are saying, but some of the idioms just make me laugh. "Bits and bobs" for instance threw me the first time I heard it used, with a strong accent, said quite quickly.

lol

"F**k all" is my favorite.

e.g." I know f**k all about flipping comic books."

hm

I don't think NBC ripped it from the comic book. NBC ripped it from a French TV show, which ripped it from a movie, which probably ripped it from a book. So really Revival is just a rip.

With the exception that NBC actually talked to Tim Seeley, declined picking up his comic and than made their own show with a similar theme. Or at least that's my understanding of what happened. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

lol

"F**k all" is my favorite.

e.g." I know f**k all about flipping comic books."

How funny because I actually meant "Over the odds" as in pay more than it's worth. lol

hm

Resurrection is a great show. One of the best out there and it's not failing. You guys should check it out because it's well worth a look.

I think a show is coming..I am selling a set, I don't have a choice in it, a shill and an sob really? I don't see a mention of a show in my ad, or on any of my sales..so call me names all you want..I love this series, I have to sell a run off for the cash, I don't plan on making close to what I have in it. Why am I explaining this too anyone..Those who know me, know I have never ripped off, or self promoted..Whats really sad is that some people who I have sold too and bought items from are calling me names, very sad indeed..And bedlam was a show in England..Not sure it followed the comic, but wasn't bad..now hurry find someone else to accuse of..And make sure they don't say anything positive about what they are selling..And yes I do have a hunch on Revival being a show..even without the set I would have a hunch..

Why do you think a show is coming? You can't post based on a "feeling". It needs to be more concrete than that.