• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrity Signed Books
22 22

4,117 posts in this topic

On 1/22/2023 at 10:35 PM, DELTA 62 said:

Hi.  Sadly, I didn't meet him.  I actually sent the books in to a facilitator to get signed.  I am hoping to meet him one day though.  

Here’s to hoping he gets cast in many more things now.  There’s some comic characters I’d love to see him take on.  

(He is my dream casting for Sentry)

Edited by JoeBrrr

On 1/23/2023 at 1:14 AM, JoeBrrr said:

Here’s to hoping he gets cast in many more things now.  There’s some comic characters I’d love to see him take on.  

(He is my dream casting for Sentry)

It would be great to see him join the MCU!

Hi all.  I was hoping to get your opinion on a matter/question.  I have a couple of CGC SS books that were done through Celebrity Authentics that are in the older slabs.  Those slabs have Celebrity Authentics' Hologram authentication sticker.  I would like to upgrade the slabs to the newer ones but I doubt the Hologram sticker  will be transferred to the new slab.  My question then - is it worth upgrading the slab while losing the Hologram authentication sticker?  The books will still be CGC SS and I will still have the photo (COA).  I am not sure how much (more) value the Hologram authentication sticker brings to a CGC SS book (for other items, yes I can see the value).  Anyways - thoughts anyone?  

On 1/23/2023 at 8:37 AM, DELTA 62 said:

Hi all.  I was hoping to get your opinion on a matter/question.  I have a couple of CGC SS books that were done through Celebrity Authentics that are in the older slabs.  Those slabs have Celebrity Authentics' Hologram authentication sticker.  I would like to upgrade the slabs to the newer ones but I doubt the Hologram sticker  will be transferred to the new slab.  My question then - is it worth upgrading the slab while losing the Hologram authentication sticker?  The books will still be CGC SS and I will still have the photo (COA).  I am not sure how much (more) value the Hologram authentication sticker brings to a CGC SS book (for other items, yes I can see the value).  Anyways - thoughts anyone?  

Could you show a picture of the slab/hologram sticker. I’m a bit confused. I’ve seen slabs with an extra Authenticator a sticker for b on it - not sure why as it was yellow label. 

It happens with sports signed cards or memorabilia sometimes where there is 3 levels of authentication which I find silly. First the card company (topps, upper deck, panini) guarantees true signature, usually written on the back of the card. Then it will be graded with autograph grading:authentication. Finally got some reason someone got a 3rd company to verify it as authehtic. The only time I see merit in the last step is if it’s game used and they can verify this through a number of techniques. 

idk Hollywood authentics but to me a yellow slab means this is absolutely the genuine article and signature. Everything else isn’t needed - at least for me. 

Now if it was a green label then yeah id consider wanting the extra set of guarentee.  These were witnessed I assumed right?

Edited by JoeBrrr

On 1/23/2023 at 6:58 PM, JoeBrrr said:

Could you show a picture of the slab/hologram sticker. I’m a bit confused. I’ve seen slabs with an extra Authenticator a sticker for b on it - not sure why as it was yellow label. 

It happens with sports signed cards or memorabilia sometimes where there is 3 levels of authentication which I find silly. First the card company (topps, upper deck, panini) guarantees true signature, usually written on the back of the card. Then it will be graded with autograph grading:authentication. Finally got some reason someone got a 3rd company to verify it as authehtic. The only time I see merit in the last step is if it’s game used and they can verify this through a number of techniques. 

idk Hollywood authentics but to me a yellow slab means this is absolutely the genuine article and signature. Everything else isn’t needed - at least for me. 

Now if it was a green label then yeah id consider wanting the extra set of guarentee.  These were witnessed I assumed right?

Hi.  Here's an example of one.  Older slab.  CGC Signature Series.  It was a signing through Celebrity Authentics and they attach their hologram authentication sticker on all their items.  You can see the sticker at the top right corner next to CGC's hologram sticker.  I would prefer to upgrade the slab to the newer one but my only hesitancy is does Celebrity Authentics' hologram sticker add any value?  Just wondering what other CGC SS celebrity autograph collectors thought?  

Hawkeye - 1.jpg

On 1/23/2023 at 8:50 PM, DELTA 62 said:

Hi.  Here's an example of one.  Older slab.  CGC Signature Series.  It was a signing through Celebrity Authentics and they attach their hologram authentication sticker on all their items.  You can see the sticker at the top right corner next to CGC's hologram sticker.  I would prefer to upgrade the slab to the newer one but my only hesitancy is does Celebrity Authentics' hologram sticker add any value?  Just wondering what other CGC SS celebrity autograph collectors thought?  

Hawkeye - 1.jpg

I would say no… if it came with a COA with pictures or info of the signing or one of the newer QR code Holograms that took you to the registry then yes. But again as someone seeing this in sports cards the grade/auto authentication by cgc is the top tier of importance. 

On 1/23/2023 at 10:37 AM, DELTA 62 said:

As a collector of several CA books I say no and often find it a hassle that books have to be shipped to CA after encapsulation by CGC just to get their sticker. I find it more worthwhile to have the picture card with the celeb signing rather than the sticker.  Just my two cents.  

On 1/24/2023 at 4:15 AM, ivdyer said:

As a collector of several CA books I say no and often find it a hassle that books have to be shipped to CA after encapsulation by CGC just to get their sticker. I find it more worthwhile to have the picture card with the celeb signing rather than the sticker.  Just my two cents.  

@JoeBrrr

Thanks guys for your input.  I can see the value of the CA hologram sticker for non-CGC SS items - just couldn't see the value for it on a CGC SS book preventing me from swapping out the slab.

On 2/2/2023 at 12:20 AM, Cardbooker said:

Anyone still waiting for Tom Hardy SS slabs?  It seems to be taking unusually long. I know some collectors got theirs back in Dec. 

Mine arrived 2 days ago but I've yet gotten to open my email :facepalm: Will try later tonight.

On 2/1/2023 at 11:20 PM, Cardbooker said:

Anyone still waiting for Tom Hardy SS slabs?  It seems to be taking unusually long. I know some collectors got theirs back in Dec. 

I am still waiting on my last Hathaway book, so I doubt my Hardy books are coming anytime soon.