• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrity Signed Books
22 22

4,121 posts in this topic

On 2/10/2023 at 4:36 PM, Ron C. said:

Ok, so here is a really cool, rarer one... Big Trouble in Little China/Escape from New York signed by Kurt Russell, Sandy King and John Carpenter. This is the only SS book on the CGC Census.

Big Trouble.jpg

This is awesome!

I was rewatching the original Stargate movie last night, thinking it would be cool to get one of those original movie poster comics signed by Kurt Russell.

On 2/15/2023 at 8:11 PM, ivdyer said:

Adding Julie Newmar CGC SS 9.8 to the JSA first issue envelope display signed by three classic Catwomen…..

0E5E5011-CB3E-42AF-8560-3C28CE6E4152.thumb.jpeg.f6fe0aef7fb43afa4bbba98c379081c2.jpegDD7E4466-8A0B-430B-A1ED-569EC9E67507.thumb.jpeg.e9ac76541191440e25462d80a3ba0776.jpeg99F58AA4-4F56-4C19-9150-BBE434373C5E.thumb.jpeg.948caa63ee0da37ee39561492d3a510f.jpeg

lol NICE! MY mom's name is cat like, and I used to buy her "ink stamps" of cats for a present. Ah to be so young an innocent again, glad the Newmar is an original :) 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Note that un-inscribed Newmars might not be real , met her twice 2015/16 & each time it was insc only , no exception. Same with West - he had been insc items since 2004 or so. Lately shes been sending out un-insc thru mail , why would she suddenly drop her rule ?

Someone handling Saxons mail forged his sig the last few yrs of his life and pocketed the money , all of a sudden he no longer had shaky sig despite him having Alzheimers.....not buying it (and he didnt even live in CA then but TN , I wrote him but he never replied from TN addy). And Pat Moritas widow sold 100s of fake sgd KK movie posters on ebay.....just goes to show whats happening behind the curtain.

Edited by postersandstuff

On 2/16/2023 at 6:30 PM, postersandstuff said:

Note that un-inscribed Newmars might not be real , met her twice 2015/16 & each time it was insc only , no exception. Same with West - he had been insc items since 2004 or so. Lately shes been sending out un-insc thru mail , why would she suddenly drop her rule ?

Someone handling Saxons mail forged his sig the last few yrs of his life and pocketed the money , all of a sudden he no longer had shaky sig despite him having Alzheimers.....not buying it (and he didnt even live in CA then but TN , I wrote him but he never replied from TN addy). And Pat Moritas widow sold 100s of fake sgd KK movie posters on ebay.....just goes to show whats happening behind the curtain.

This was not purchased from the individuals in your post. I only buy JSA and CGC authenticated collectibles.  

Only the last one in red is real.....that was obtained by myself in person '16 , one thing you notice on the Hollywood Show fakes they lack proper flow/too stilted. First one was certed by Piece of the Past aka Kevin Martin and sold thru straw seller jackmsell , Jack sold 5k worth of 007 autographs last xmas on ebay , I suspect many were fake & also certed by german forger Bondcollectibles : fake Shaw dated a yr after death/in sharpie with no fading after 45 yrs (also I own 2 real Shaws and it was off) , dubious Connery & Dalton has refused for yrs signing 007 items.....it doesnt add up , at all. 

jackmsell.jpg

fake newmar HS.jpg

meri.jpg

meri2.jpg

heres a real Newmar from L.A con '16 , also obtained myself.....the real ones have much more flow to them. Look at those Meriwethers below here , talk about stiff.....what really drives this home is that another Meriwether had *burn marks* dented into the still : what hand writing leaves marks like that - none ! (there is NO doubt , a device was used to sign the fakes POTP mailed me and it overheated thus marks)

newmar.jpg

meri fake 1.jpg

meri fake 2.jpg

Wests manager was so firm when it came to the insc rule , I offered 100$ to not insc but Fred wouldnt budge. Wests price was 80$ then in '15 , same thing a yr later when Fred had passed : insc only. There was even an incident where Ward got into argument with Fred as Ward feared this silly insc rule would hurt him financially cuz if they skipped West then hed be skipped too by fans , I read that somewhere.

On 2/17/2023 at 4:19 AM, DocDeliverance said:

I have an Uncanny X-men 134 signed by Famke Janssen. Sending to get graded soon. I haven't found any books signed by her or at least not that specific one. Obviously the grade will have to be taken into account but how would you determine value on something like that? 

There may not be any books listed but she has signed a few times and books do exist.  I have a few from her last signing.  I would not consider it a rare signature and her signing fee was not that high.  Given that, prospective grade and rarity of the book that was signed should factor into your price point.  Given those factors, I would not expect much more than her signing fee.   

On 2/17/2023 at 3:19 AM, DocDeliverance said:

I have an Uncanny X-men 134 signed by Famke Janssen. Sending to get graded soon. I haven't found any books signed by her or at least not that specific one. Obviously the grade will have to be taken into account but how would you determine value on something like that? 

She made an appearance at Denver Comic Con 2017 and I know for a fact that she signed books that were submitted for CGC Signature Series - so they do exist.  I don't recall what she charged for her signature but I would guess it was around $100 or less.  Keep in mind that Galaxycon is advertising a signing with her and it looks like they are charging $150 for her signature.  

I wanted to add that you said you have a book already signed by her that you are sending in soon to be graded.  That makes me think it is not a Signature Series situation and instead it will get the green qualified label which will affect (downgrade) the value of the book.  

Wont buy from GC , they sold fakes and refuses refund to that customer......they can do the right thing but they wont. Doesnt sound like a serious company to me. Stickers from the big 3 (J*A , P*A & B**kett) is no guarantee that what you bought is actually real : they look at your item for 2 mins and barely enough time to make a proper authentication.

150 for Famke , crazy price....but sadly even small potato stars have raised their prices these days

the fakes are in black sharpie.......note incorrect 'Robin' insc , he adds "Robin". Altho the West is not inscribed its real (he asked what about the fake sig , I said to just cross over it & he did) , West felt sad that I had been conned and gave me a freebie on this movie poster. But personally Id be wary of un-insc Wests/Newmars coming from cons or that came thru mail , from ca 2004 - 2017. My guess Newmar noticed Wests insc rule and did the same thing herself (the Newmar sgd in red is real , I just wiped off the insc - it WAS insc , you can still see signs of it on the photo)

Ive done autographs almost 25 yrs now and like I said the truth in this hobby aint pretty.