• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

Thanks everyone for the box of goodies. I received it today, and after I got out of work(10PM) I finally got to open it. I appreciate all the kindness and such since joining here on the boards. I am relatively new(quit collecting comics when marvel killed off my favorite hero the Scarlet Spider), so I am trying to get back into it and have fun as well. It's been a tough few weeks as I still can't believe my sister and my niece are gone. I still think they are going to come barreling through the door and get the biggest hug my sister could give, like she always did, and hear my niece go "what's that". They were both great people and I still can't believe this is real. I feel like an empty shell of what I once was. My sister was like my best friend and my niece was like my own daughter. I still remember changing her diapers, and only got to spend one christmas with her =(. Things will never be the same, and still to this day I can't really eat much and barely sleep. I have managed to get back to work after missing 3 weeks of pay and falling behind on the bills but what's one to do? I still have nightmares haunting me and will always have to live with the thought that my niece might of been awake as the car was up in flames. I know the medical examiner said they all died from sever internal injuries, but that my niece was alive for at least 3 minutes after initial impact, and being only 16 months old, she was strapped into the car seat. That will forever haunt me as I'll never know whether she died peacefully or painfully. I know I have many years of therapy ahead of me, but I hope reading comics and playing guitar will help ease the pain a bit and possibly help me to get back to where I once was as a person. Anyway, thanks again everyone! I have the Leo figure up on my book case and plan to read the comics soon. Heck, if I can't sleep tonight I'll be reading a bunch of books tonight.

Rckster I have had an amazing amount of tragedies and the one thing that helped was helping others. Volunteering or just being a good samaritan or whatever is the only antidote to what you are going through. I'm thinking of you buddy believe it. Also if it helps I have had severe trauma and you don't feel anything. Shock is immediate.

Thanks everyone for the box of goodies. I received it today, and after I got out of work(10PM) I finally got to open it. I appreciate all the kindness and such since joining here on the boards. I am relatively new(quit collecting comics when marvel killed off my favorite hero the Scarlet Spider), so I am trying to get back into it and have fun as well. It's been a tough few weeks as I still can't believe my sister and my niece are gone. I still think they are going to come barreling through the door and get the biggest hug my sister could give, like she always did, and hear my niece go "what's that". They were both great people and I still can't believe this is real. I feel like an empty shell of what I once was. My sister was like my best friend and my niece was like my own daughter. I still remember changing her diapers, and only got to spend one christmas with her =(. Things will never be the same, and still to this day I can't really eat much and barely sleep. I have managed to get back to work after missing 3 weeks of pay and falling behind on the bills but what's one to do? I still have nightmares haunting me and will always have to live with the thought that my niece might of been awake as the car was up in flames. I know the medical examiner said they all died from sever internal injuries, but that my niece was alive for at least 3 minutes after initial impact, and being only 16 months old, she was strapped into the car seat. That will forever haunt me as I'll never know whether she died peacefully or painfully. I know I have many years of therapy ahead of me, but I hope reading comics and playing guitar will help ease the pain a bit and possibly help me to get back to where I once was as a person. Anyway, thanks again everyone! I have the Leo figure up on my book case and plan to read the comics soon. Heck, if I can't sleep tonight I'll be reading a bunch of books tonight.

Loss is such a hard thing for us. The void that grows inside as we lose a part of ourselves from the loss of loved ones can be so caustic we can tend to do things that others may feel to be foolish or just unsafe physically and/or mentally. Fill that desolation with happiness, happy memories, and new fun activities and let it light the way into the darkness that is your void then see and feel how it can flourish. Even if it's just small steps at a time.

:whee: Good luck there! :whee:

we care about you rckstr...we all experience lose, but we all have to push through it, you're a strong person. keep pushing through and if you need someone to talk you always have people on the forum to joke, laugh, and have fun with.

:bump:

free shipping US - will pay 1st $15 elsewhere -----

update with a couple slabs (3 and 4) - these are repeats - but they are cool books......

Offer 1:

Avengers V3 22 CGC 9.4 SS

nice sig series entry

ss%20stan%201.jpg

ss%20stan.jpg

Offer #2

The one .... the only....

Cryptozoic Man!!!

Issues 1-4 signed by the Comic Book Men!!!

Dy-no-MITE

cbm.jpg

cbm_1.jpg

Offer 3

Avengers Annual 10 CGC 8.5

th_Avengers%20Annual%2010%20CGC%208.5.jpg

Offer 4

Superman 199 CGC 4.5 Superman vs Flash!

th_E40C34BB-7153-4C4F-BC4E-BC473597E3D6.jpg

free shipping US - will pay 1st $15 elsewhere -----

update with a couple slabs (3 and 4) - these are repeats - but they are cool books......

Offer 1:

Avengers V3 22 CGC 9.4 SS

nice sig series entry

ss%20stan%201.jpg

ss%20stan.jpg

Welp... im super down for that one...

:takeit:

And heres what i have for offer!

Offer

ASM #539 9.8

iRaeYDqQGANs5.JPG

[Note: Slab was cracked and damaged during shipping on the bottom left corner, But the book itself was undamaged and should hold the 9.8...]

ibq4NwYtFzWJT0.JPG

ikWHrbaivuEYR.JPG

Wow - you hit 50 post with your take it. Timed it perfectly.

I noticed that but in his defense he has been here almost 5 years! :D. Welcome to PIF Deadpool!

I don't know. I felt a cracked case common 9.8 was comparable to a common sig common 9.4 (shrug)

Maybe I'm wrong, I don't see the cost of going to a Con, getting a Stan Lee signature, and having it graded being comparable.

I thought Stan was charging $75 bucks just to sign at this past Orlando Mega Con. Add in the grading fees and you're over $100. I had some friends that went, and had opted to not send any books with them because it was to expensive. Even without a cracked cast the ASM is what, $30?

I'm going to have to disagree about it being comparable. But maybe you're just messing with me?

I think I will try ebb what will be a complainfest with some members...

Hey deadpool. Offering up a single graded comic is pretty cool but it can such a niche thing for someone to want, so there are some people who may not want it. If you are able to give other options, then that is great. Good luck with your round of PIF!

This is still going on? Value discussion? :D:insane:

Who cares? :whatev: If the person offering up something gets it claimed and he's just happy paying it forward to someone, who cares what the follow up is? If it descends further and further down, the thread won't really be fun for anyone, right?

Value this, value that. :blahblah: That doesn't work. Just let the original offerer object if they'd like, otherwise let it go. This discussion on value has been going on for how long? Nothing changes!

I know you're acting out of love for this thread, techvoodoo, but as was brought up recently, there are rules in place to compensate for things like this. No one that participates in or watches this thread likes to see it stall, but if the offer isn't claimed in 4 days, it will revert. Plus, the most recent claim was made by someone who has never participated before, so a PM behind the scenes to give him some advice would probably be the better option, rather than chasing a newcomer off by criticizing his first offer. 2c