• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My 10 1/2 hour Florida Supercon odyssey!

242 posts in this topic

One last thought that might give people something to think about:

If a women is coming across as an itchy B when you talk to her, it might just be because she's spent the day starving herself to try and look better and meet society's expectations. Happens all the time but most guys just brush it off as the women have a social problem and would never think twice about it due to her starving herself.

It happens all the time.

Pretty soon it's going to be impossible to like a normal human being for looking natural.

Wrinkles, sag, cellulite, birth moles, skin tags, freckles, jiggle. Those are all real life. 95% of what is in the media isn't and it's changing our expectations of how people should look collectively as a society.

Personally, I think all these plastic filled babies out there along with the airbrushing on every picture is about as misogynistic as society can get. I hate 'em. I mean I like looking at hot women initially but when I think it through i don't think it's a good thing in the long run as it affects women in a negative way.

i'm on my way...my con report will be coming later.

I think you'll like it Mark. I know you are more into raw books and a little lower grades than i usually go for so from what i saw they definitely had some nice books you'd like (thumbs u

Jason, since we live close to each other I've tried to be nice and look the other way with some of your posts...but recently I have to say you are freakin annoying. Between your thread on look my Ms. Marvel's backside to stuff in this thread...it's struck a nerve...and I can't be the only one.

First, you are mistaken that I am "into raw books"....90% of my collection is slabbed. I barely see how that is being "into raw books". And, thanks for pointing out that I prefer lower grades than you. You really think you are the BSD and must prove it to all of us with your "LOOK AT ME" threads. Oh, look at my pedigree thread... like I have interest in seeing what pedigree you bought each week. meh

And Jason, we all joke around here about things but your posts are pretty out of line with respect to others and how they look.

It's one thing to post a picture of a girl that most would perceive as being over weight and just let the picture speak for itself....it's entirely different to actually post their picture and say derogatory things about them.

How about you look in the mirror? I've met you. You are not perfect...far from it.

And, I have to say that regardless of the details from that ASM 1 thread from Symbiotic....your comment about his father was disgusting and out of line.

You may think your comics are perfect....but you as a person are far from it.

Wow thats some heavy stuff...

You guys are crazy. Different people, different backgrounds. Who cares.......this is a comic forum. Annoying? Complaining about others making actual comic threads (pedigree)?? It's life it's like this everywhere in the world. Everyone talks....period. Even church goers do have things to say. Blame the media if you want something to vent at.

Hey sufunk, look out for my thread on my suPercon experience. Only 5 pictures of sketch covers done before they were turned into cgc. I liked your thread. ;)

Dude, what are you talking about?!?

I wasn't trying to insult you at all! I only meant you buy more raw books than me which isn't saying much since I don't really by raw books at all so any is "more into" raws than I am. I pretty much will not buy ANY raw book at this point, you do. That's all I meant.

As far as lower grades, if you wanna take that as an insult, be my guest it wasn't meant that way. You aren't a HG snob like me. It wasn't meant as an insult whatsoever but if you're going to take it that way, sorry it wasn't meant that way.

Whatever, I don't know what the hell you're talking about??? What "disgusting" comment did I make about symbiotics father??? All I said was I found it odd that one day he said he wanted it to come back 8.0+ and the next day he wanted it to read to his dying father. I said multiple times if his father really died, he has my deepest sympathies but after all the "issues" I that thread I have a hard time believing anything he says.

Btw, I hardly think I'm a BSD around here (thumbs u

I spend less in a year than the true BSD'S spend on single books. I've said a million and one times that I'm bummed since Doug's Pedigree Avengers are way out of my league and I'll be lucky if I can even land 1 or 2 of them. Yeah, that's a real BSD! If my Pedigree thread bothers you so much, don't read it. Other people like it, if you don't don't click it. If my posts offend you so much, there's an ignore button. You're WAAAAAAAY off base but whatever, my life will go on just fine without you buddy!

You're annoyed that I posted a thread that a statue has a nice butt?!? :roflmao:

I accept your apology and if I misread what you wrote about my collecting focus...I apologize as well.

This misogyny thing would have ended quickly had you said the same thing (apologized) instead of re-posting threads of others who may have done the same thing as you.

I think it's hurtful to post a picture of someone on the forum and then make derogatory comments about their weight.

I guess it struck a chord with me because you seem to come across like you believe you are perfect...and can post pictures of someone overweight and somehow it's okay because others have done it as well.

Maybe I came off too strong in my post.

And yes, I thought your fixation on the butt of your Ms. Marvel was a bit creepy. :sick:

Whatever dude, you are WAY out of line. Yeah, you did read that wrong but after that rant, honestly you're apology means jack mess to me At this point So don't even bother (thumbs u

I really don't give a mess about your misguided impression of me. I've never been anything but nice to you so it's good to know what a POS youve thought I am during that time. My pedigree thread bothers you that much??? Really??? Ever think of not clicking on it then ??? meh

Do us both a favor and just put me on ignore like I'll be doing and you won't have to worry about my perceived perfection complex bothering you any further (thumbs u

Whatever dude, you are WAY out of line. Yeah, you did read that wrong but after that rant, honestly you're apology means jack mess to me At this point So don't even bother (thumbs u

I really don't give a mess about your misguided impression of me. I've never been anything but nice to you so it's good to know what a POS youve thought I am during that time. My pedigree thread bothers you that much??? Really??? Ever think of not clicking on it then ??? meh

Do us both a favor and just put me on ignore like I'll be doing and you won't have to worry about my perceived perfection complex bothering you any further (thumbs u

(thumbs u

You sure you won't just leave us with another FDQ?

Oh, and how have you been nice to me? I started a thread about Tate's and you went running to them like a little baby crying about how great they are and how misguided I was. That was really being nice to me.

Personally, I find both of you as annoying as all get out so forgive me if I see the humour in it.

:baiting:

Now that's some good ole fashioned butthurt :roflmao:

Personally, I find both of you as annoying as all get out so forgive me if I see the humour in it.

Thanks Roy. I appreciate that. You are perfect also I guess. :eyeroll:

Naw, I realize I'm annoying to people as well. I think sometimes the funniest things are the things that people never talk about openly so when it all comes out it makes for a humorous situation. I was actually just making a joke and it's one I can make because I've been told that I'm annoying.

For the record, I've actually had board members tell me to my face that I'm everywhere, a know it all, condescending and that I post too many pictures of myself.

This is an open forum to be freely used by everyone in a tasteful manner so I have no problem with you or Jason. You guys just get wound up really easily sometimes and it makes for quite the spectacle to an outsider.

I just steer clear of anything that doesn't interest me.

This thread needs to get back on track

45df5bae.jpg

What character is that?

Wondergirl going through her country music stage.

This thread needs to get back on track

45df5bae.jpg

What character is that?

[font:Book Antiqua]Cassandra Sandsmark (Wonder Girl)

I still prefer Donna Troy[/font]

(thumbs u

cosplay_dc_wondergirl.jpg

Me too, that is an awesome costume. Very well done by that cosplayer.

Naw, I realize I'm annoying to people as well. I think sometimes the funniest things are the things that people never talk about openly so when it all comes out it makes for a humorous situation. I was actually just making a joke and it's one I can make because I've been told that I'm annoying.

For the record, I've actually had board members tell me to my face that I'm everywhere, a know it all, condescending and that I post too many pictures of myself.

This is an open forum to be freely used by everyone in a tasteful manner so I have no problem with you or Jason. You guys just get wound up really easily sometimes and it makes for quite the spectacle to an outsider.

Fair enough. And, yes...I guess I can get a bit heated sometimes. And my feelings regarding sufunk were from something that happened months ago and I guess I just let it fly because it built up...

From what I can see, Jason doesn't do well with criticism. He digs his heels in and fights (like the attorney that he is)....I, on the other hand, can look in the mirror and admit when I am wrong and/or try to take what others say to heart even if I might not fully agree.

the interesting part is I apologized for possibly over reacting and he told me to F off.... That's a mature adult for you.

(thumbs u

Oh, and how have you been nice to me? I started a thread about Tate's and you went running to them like a little baby crying about how great they are and how misguided I was. That was really being nice to me.

Oh I see, that sappy pm I just got was before you read my response apparently.

Whatever dude, that wasn't the song you were singing when you were begging me not to tell him it was you that started that thread. Which by the way, just like I told you I wouldn't, I never did.

(thumbs u

Oh I see, that sappy pm I just got was before you read my response apparently.

Whatever dude, that wasn't the song you were singing when you were begging me not to tell him it was you that started that thread. Which by the way, just like I told you I wouldn't, I never did.

I didn't write you a sappy PM. I stated my case and explained how I felt.

I also didn't beg you not to tell him...I asked you not to. At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter because I don't shop there anymore.

Fair enough. And, yes...I guess I can get a bit heated sometimes. And my feelings regarding sufunk were from something that happened months ago and I guess I just let it fly because it built up...

From what I can see, Jason doesn't do well with criticism. He digs his heels in and fights (like the attorney that he is)....I, on the other hand, can look in the mirror and admit when I am wrong and/or try to take what others say to heart even if I might not fully agree.

the interesting part is I apologized for possibly over reacting and he told me to F off.... That's a mature adult for you.

"possibly overreacting"?!?

Go back and read what you just wrote about me because you are pissed that I stood up for a friend while freely admitting to everyone involved I was biased because he's my friend: we talked about it on pm and apparently you lied to me and told me no worries everything was cool. Then you let it simmer and go off over something you told me was nothing???

Whatever dude!