• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My 10 1/2 hour Florida Supercon odyssey!

242 posts in this topic

Well since he charges 50 bucks for a tiny head sketch on a print that takes him 30 seconds I am assuming he doesn't need the cash. It also can't hurt that he is one o the most recognizable people in comics.

Yeah, I was trying to mentally calculate what he must rake in in a day at even a small con like this. I don't know what it is but it must be a LOT!!! :o

Like I said, the prints he signed for free when you bought them but to sign anything else, he charged $5 a sig. There were guys in line that not only had him sign like 20-25 books, some of them were having him sign the same book multiple times! The guy in front of me that paid the $10 for the pic with him had him sign at least 20 different books and like 5 of those books he had different pages bookmarked and had Neal sign them on at least 4-5 different pages. He had some modern Batman book that he had him sign literally like 7 different pages. The dude must have spent like $300 bucks just on sigs!

Again, I don't know what the exact total must have been but Neal definitely had a pretty damn good payday for sitting there for 6 hours signing books!

Adams is super cool. At Philly he was talking to me like he was my uncle. He has alot of wisdom to share. He signed my Batman books for $5 each and put little remark Bat-symbol sketches on them for no extra charge. All I had to do was ask.

And I'm probably going to derail the cosplay topic of this thread by talking about this. lol

Well since he charges 50 bucks for a tiny head sketch on a print that takes him 30 seconds I am assuming he doesn't need the cash. It also can't hurt that he is one o the most recognizable people in comics.

Yeah, I was trying to mentally calculate what he must rake in in a day at even a small con like this. I don't know what it is but it must be a LOT!!! :o

Like I said, the prints he signed for free when you bought them but to sign anything else, he charged $5 a sig. There were guys in line that not only had him sign like 20-25 books, some of them were having him sign the same book multiple times! The guy in front of me that paid the $10 for the pic with him had him sign at least 20 different books and like 5 of those books he had different pages bookmarked and had Neal sign them on at least 4-5 different pages. He had some modern Batman book that he had him sign literally like 7 different pages. The dude must have spent like $300 bucks just on sigs!

Again, I don't know what the exact total must have been but Neal definitely had a pretty damn good payday for sitting there for 6 hours signing books!

Adams is super cool. At Philly he was talking to me like he was my uncle. He has alot of wisdom to share. He signed my Batman books for $5 each and put little remark Bat-symbol sketches on them for no extra charge. All I had to do was ask.

And I'm probably going to derail the cosplay topic of this thread by talking about this. lol

Folks, at $5 a pop for an auto, I hope yall realize how lucky you are. Take a look at athlete autographs and you see where the prices are.

Not even in the same universe.

Here are the prices from a small show

http://nyshows.org/Autograph_Guest_Show_Dates_future.html

Reggie's prices are more in line with the main stream, big time Hall of Fame players.

Folks, at $5 a pop for an auto, I hope yall realize how lucky you are. Take a look at athlete autographs and you see where the prices are.

Reggie's prices are more in line with the main stream, big time Hall of Fame players.

Hey, I wasn't complaining. I was complimenting the guy for signing my books and doing little sketches for only $5.

Hey, I wasn't complaining. I was complimenting the guy for signing my books and doing little sketches for only $5.

I know. I have seen people cry, wail, and gnash teeth about having to pay artists for autographs.

I figured a little dose of how the other half lives might be a good thing :)

Mike Tyson must be making a killing.

lol no one has pictures it seems. There was just so many booths. I literally did not get finished looking at every booth the first day. Leave alone take pictures. I do not know why people were looking down on supercon. It is huge. Just not so huge on media guests but they did have Hunger games cast besides the main two charcters, the lady from doctor who. (looked like 1000 ppl in line for the picture.) Voices of Nickoledon shows. Some old wwe wrestlers. And so on. Also Most of the convention rooms were busy with panels and cosplays as well as video gaming tourneys and what not. The 2nd floor was equally packed as the floor and the media room.

Here is the link to another thread with sketches from supercon that me and others got done. So come over. Sketch covers from Supercon

lol no one has pictures it seems. There was just so many booths. I literally did not get finished looking at every booth the first day. Leave alone take pictures. I do not know why people were looking down on supercon. It is huge. Just not so huge on media guests but they did have Hunger games cast besides the main two charcters, the lady from doctor who. (looked like 1000 ppl in line for the picture.) Voices of Nickoledon shows. Some old wwe wrestlers. And so on. Also Most of the convention rooms were busy with panels and cosplays as well as video gaming tourneys and what not. The 2nd floor was equally packed as the floor and the media room.

Here is the link to another thread with sketches from supercon that me and others got done. So come over. Sketch covers from Supercon

I have pictures (besides the one I already posted).

Here's a few

75bfb4d9.jpg

4c2a27cf.jpg51d53e3b.jpg6577145e.jpg60a8038b.jpg

00c8917a.jpg66e48221.jpg