• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My 10 1/2 hour Florida Supercon odyssey!

242 posts in this topic

The artist I got that Taskmaster/Thor OA from was Mahmud Asrar. I've never heard of him but he had 50 or so OA pages that were REALLY nice. Other than the one I got nothing in my focus or characters I'm into but they were all really nice. Again, Ive never heard of him as I don't really do moderns but he definitely is talented as hell from the pieces I looked at on his table (worship)

Does Neal Adams have a son Josh btw?

On the other side of his booth was a guy with a Josh Adams sign drawing stuff with some prints on the table. He definitely wasn't raking in what Neal was though!

Neal makes promoters pay for his wife, son and his son's wife to come out if you want him at a show.

So yes. John Adams is Neal Adams son.

I didn't see a wife unless he's married to a MUCH younger woman. There was a cute younger girl collecting money at the booth so I assume that was the sons wife. She was really nice and so was Neal. Neal was almost shockingly nice for someone as big as he is. I didn't have any interaction with the son as he was drawing something while I was at the booth.

He's married to Marilyn Adams.

She's usually at shows, about the same age as him. Cool lady and his manager.

I didn't see her so either she was doing something for that 30 minutes or maybe wasn't there today (shrug)

Another MAJOR bummer was no Carmine Infantino :sorry:

Either he wasn't there at all today or he came after 4 o'clock because he still wasn't there and his booth was empty when I left :cry:

I did see that ms marvel. And I do have to agree that it turned me off. It was a good day for me too. I spent the most $$ at crazy eds. He was very nice and I will be buying more from him at Tampa comic con.

This was what I got today.... was able to pick up a Savage She hulk #1 9.8 cgc alon with HG copies of secret wars 8 and ms marvel 18. Also picked up Asm 252 and 298 raws.

I also got 3 cover sketch commissions to turn into cgc tomorrow. I asked for Spiderman in a pose similar to asm 300. Also hulk 340 recreation. As well as a dead pool cover. The amazing thing is that I was able to get the artists' colorist to color it tomorrow (most likely Hulk 340 recreation). The other 2 will remain black and white.

I looking forward to tomorrow since they will finish up commissions for me and also I get to meet up with a boardie and chill for a few.

Another MAJOR bummer was no Carmine Infantino :sorry:

Either he wasn't there at all today or he came after 4 o'clock because he still wasn't there and his booth was empty when I left :cry:

All I saw at his booth were space books and other tpbs all day long. I had no intentions of meetin either Neal Adams or carm because they are way out of my $$ range. 400-600 for a half body shot. I would rather have 15 cover sketches done by Others for the same total $$.

Just not hardcore of a fan to shell out for Adams or carm. @ that price. However Adams had a bad Captain America on an 8x12 for $1000.

I think that Ms Marvel is perfectly beautiful, and give her all the credit in the world for having the self confidence to wear that costume.

You can think she's unattractive, and that she shouldn't wear that costume in public, But to post it on a public forum just to say how "a 180lb women should not squeeze into a Ms Marvel costume"... really bad form. :facepalm:

I think that Ms Marvel is perfectly beautiful, and give her all the credit in the world for having the self confidence to wear that costume.

You can think she's unattractive, and that she shouldn't wear that costume in public, But to post it on a public forum just to say how "a 180lb women should not squeeze into a Ms Marvel costume"... really bad form. :facepalm:

You should visit other forums. That's kid play compared to opinions expressed via other forums.

You should visit other forums. That's kid play compared to opinions expressed via other forums.

It doesn't matter. To post a pic of someone you don't know for the purpose of degrading them(for no reason).... Pretty deplorable, regardless of where it was posted.

It doesn't matter. To post a pic of someone you don't know for the purpose of degrading them(for no reason).... Pretty deplorable, regardless of where it was posted.

That's the beauty of the Internet. Anyways back to the thread. Anyone have commission sketches done at the show today? I will try to post mine tomorrow before cgc takes them away for SS.

Not to mention hypocritical. Funny how easily the word bigot gets tossed around by some people, yet for some reason mysogyny is perfectly acceptable.

That said...sure sounds like the trip home was pure hell...yowza! :foryou:

I have to agree here. That part of the story was unnecessary, but still a good report beyond that

If it was a guy trying to squeeze into a Superman costume it would have been different. Everyone would have found that funny...

Exactly (thumbs u Gee, there haven't been entire threads on that!

As usual Logan, you've hit the nail right on the head! :applause:

My disgust of bikini bottoms 5 sizes too small in public is the exact same thing as someone's disgust of gay people daring to show themselves in public (thumbs u

meh

At least you must have a cool suntan :baiting:

Hopefully I may be there next year :wishluck:

Shame about Ms Marvel - must have been alarming especially after getting your cool new statue :facepalm:

What were the back issues like?

That's the beauty of the Internet. Anyways back to the thread. Anyone have commission sketches done at the show today? I will try to post mine tomorrow before cgc takes them away for SS.

What is the beauty of the internet? You hiding anonymous naming calling behind your computer? Does the internet now allow for social decorum? Ever heard of cyber bullying? Both the OP and your mentality is what leads to it.

:gossip: BTW, girls don't just dress up for your enjoyment.

Oh, and I did get to meet a couple boardies. I was at one booth looking at their wall books. They actually had some damn nice books! A GA Captain America 1, a 3.5 SS PLOD Hulk 1 and a bunch of others. I was wearing that BA Avengers shirt I posted a few days ago and as I'm standing there, the guy behind the booth looks at me and says "Jason???". I was a little puzzled and said "yeah" and he says "ah, I figured that was you from the shirt". Turns out it was miamiknight who was helping to work the booth. Another boardie was also there behind the booth who introduced himself. I apologize to whoever that was but I can't remember for the life of me since I'm pretty sure I fried like 28% of my brain standing on the side of the highway today :screwy:

It was nice meet you sufunk the booth I was helping out with was kinda crazy so apologies I couldn't talk to you that much. If your there today pass by I want to show you pedigree book.( it's not a avengers book) but I thought of you when a I saw it.

Oh, and I did get to meet a couple boardies. I was at one booth looking at their wall books. They actually had some damn nice books! A GA Captain America 1, a 3.5 SS PLOD Hulk 1 and a bunch of others. I was wearing that BA Avengers shirt I posted a few days ago and as I'm standing there, the guy behind the booth looks at me and says "Jason???". I was a little puzzled and said "yeah" and he says "ah, I figured that was you from the shirt". Turns out it was miamiknight who was helping to work the booth. Another boardie was also there behind the booth who introduced himself. I apologize to whoever that was but I can't remember for the life of me since I'm pretty sure I fried like 28% of my brain standing on the side of the highway today :screwy:

Hi,

I was there yesterday as well and picked up several CGC books from the booth you mentioned in your post. I am going back today around lunchtime. I will be wearing a light blue shirt and brownish shorts. Also, have a bald head and glasses. You can't miss me. If you run into me, say hi.

Jeff