• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Turnaround time hopes and dreams

131 posts in this topic

Outlook popped up a reminder for me to check on a shipment of Modern books.

I looked at my notes:

Shipped: 4/16

ETA (based on turnaround times that day): 6/25

I just looked at the CGC web site and saw that last week's status had "shipping books from 3/15"

I guess I'll just have to wait another month or two.

So, with the convention season starting, if I ship in anything now, I'm not going to see it until, what, sometime in October?

I can't plan my eBay sales out that far...

Larry

my last Economy submission took over 4 full months start to finish and i dropped them off in Florida.

quite frankly, if it didn't take so long, i'd probably send in another 60 books right now.

hoping that with West on board and new encapsulators, things will begin to get caught up this summer 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Wishful thinking, I am still waiting on economy's from 3/25

Turnaround times are ridiculous. I would LIKE INTEREST ON MONEY BOYS or start giving rebates for being so F*****G LATE!

bob, i think you've got another full month to go shocked.gif

I don't know that I would go >that< far....

But I know what merchandise I have on hand now, and I really, truly, don't know if I want to be selling it in October (if it even comes back that soon).

I guess I'm just going to have to pull 10 - 15 books at random and fliip a coin.

Larry

It might be difficult to really tell if they will get back on track. With the pre-screens and the convention submissions, they just might have difficulty get there.

Anyone (Steve B) know how many encapsulation machines they use? Don't know if this is secret info or not.

Pre-screens is the killer

They should stop this service on Modern(week old books)

Didn't Steve say a while ago that the holdup was in encapsulation?

Turnaround times are ridiculous. I would LIKE INTEREST ON MONEY BOYS or start giving rebates for being so F*****G LATE!

Exactly. And WHEN interest rates increase, this scenario will go from bad to worse.

In a somewhat related scenario, they didn't image my books, and gave me a credit. Because I initially sent the books on my METROPOLIS account, and not my COLLECTORS SOCIETY account, they couldn't apply the credit to that order--so I asked for my CC refund. confused-smiley-013.gif

I still think they shouldn't charge your credit card or cash your check until the books are actually being graded. Just a thought.

Their liabilities for ungraded books must be huge right now.

I just want CGC to give us what we pay for. Give us Standard service when they charge us for it, not Economy. I won't even consider Economy Service at this point. And right now I am sitting out on Standard too.

I mean how many posts do they have to read from folks who are sitting on stacks of books, waiting for the turnaround times to begin to remotely resemble what is being advertised, before we either get a major strategy change, or at least a refund or a credit?

CGC does a lot of things right. The turnaround times is where they are at their worst at the moment. And I think it is a crucially important issue within the context of CGC's business operations.

Red

He might have said that but it can't be true. My books from March 23 were just graded a couple of days ago and then sent to be encapsualted.

I just want CGC to give us what we pay for. Give us Standard service when they charge us for it, not Economy. I won't even consider Economy Service at this point. And right now I am sitting out on Standard too.

Agreed. I want what I pay for.

I mean how many posts do they have to read from folks who are sitting on stacks of books, waiting for the turnaround times to begin to remotely resemble what is being advertised, before we either get a major strategy change, or at least a refund or a credit?

One can only assume that these recent hires was their proposed solution; maybe they can communicate additional steps taken? confused-smiley-013.gif

CGC does a lot of things right. The turnaround times is where they are at their worst at the moment. And I think it is a crucially important issue within the context of CGC's business operations.

Absolutely. Do, or do not. There is no try.

He might have said that but it can't be true. My books from March 23 were just graded a couple of days ago and then sent to be encapsualted.

Moderns?

Moderns?

yes