• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Heritage / Pedigree Schmell Collection Auction has ended...

508 posts in this topic

When I get the notification that someone wants to transfer the registration of a book to their registry, I accept it right away. I have no desire, or need, to get credit for owning books that I no longer own. I do, however, like to know who has acquired my books.

Why?

Because if you`re a serious collector, information is everything.

When I get the notification that someone wants to transfer the registration of a book to their registry, I accept it right away. I have no desire, or need, to get credit for owning books that I no longer own. I do, however, like to know who has acquired my books.

Why?

......like keeping up with whether the Aces ( all 5 of them :insane: ) have been played in a game of Poker. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

You'd think Doug would have removed all his books from his registry by now :whistle:

Do you not bother to read at least a couple of previous pages before you post lol

doh!

followed most of the thread up until page 8-9

Why?

Whoa... MMehdy has been rubbing off on you.

Why?

:insane:

Yeah, I'd love to hear what the definition of a serious collector is (shrug)

To give it some context, information before the fact is useful, not sure how useful after the fact it is?

Unless you want to keep an eye on who is cpr'ing books?

I mean I love comic books. I have a decent collection, not amazing but respectable.

I spend a lot of money relative to what I have on comic books, and yes I most definitely consider myself a serious collector.

But I don't give a rat's a$$ who owns my books after me. 2c

Why?

:insane:

Yeah, I'd love to hear what the definition of a serious collector is (shrug)

To give it some context, information before the fact is useful, not sure how useful after the fact it is?

Unless you want to keep an eye on who is cpr'ing books?

I mean I love comic books. I have a decent collection, not amazing but respectable.

I spend a lot of money relative to what I have on comic books, and yes I most definitely consider myself a serious collector.

But I don't give a rat's a$$ who owns my books after me. 2c

Two Reasons:

I think I am a serious collector and I like to know because people have approached me for books and if I can point them in the right direction maybe they'll do the same for me.

Second, high grade collectors regret selling books at time. It's nice to know where to go to get 'em back.

Why?

Them`s fightin` words!

Why?

Them`s fightin` words!

At least he hasn't been rubbing on you :sick:

:applause:

Nice!

I actually filed mine away last night and thought about you. They're nice catalogs!

They arrived! I've got quite the pile of these catelogs building from auctions over the few years, they make for great reference material. Also, I opted to do time payments with Heritage for the first time and my invoice was over $2,500, closer to $5,000. I sent a money order for the initial chunk which was applied and then I just applied another installment online using my credit card! I actually tried to do a partial payment via Paypal/CC when the invoice was first generated but it wouldn't allow me. It still has the disclaimer noting that echeques or credit card payments were not allowed for this invoice but the system actually allowed me to apply it this time around? Not complaining as it sure is a lot easier than having to run to the bank, get a draft, mail it, etc. Hopefully they won't reverse the payment. :whistle:

:applause:

Nice!

I actually filed mine away last night and thought about you. They're nice catalogs!

They arrived! I've got quite the pile of these catelogs building from auctions over the few years, they make for great reference material. Also, I opted to do time payments with Heritage for the first time and my invoice was over $2,500, closer to $5,000. I sent a money order for the initial chunk which was applied and then I just applied another installment online using my credit card! I actually tried to do a partial payment via Paypal/CC when the invoice was first generated but it wouldn't allow me. It still has the disclaimer noting that echeques or credit card payments were not allowed for this invoice but the system actually allowed me to apply it this time around? Not complaining as it sure is a lot easier than having to run to the bank, get a draft, mail it, etc. Hopefully they won't reverse the payment. :whistle:

Dammit!!! :censored:

I get INSANE points on my CC and argued with HA until i was blue in the face trying to figure out a way to use my CC instead of that stupid echeck after the Schmell auction. They told me over and over that there was just no possible way to do that amount with a CC so i finally relented and did the echeck.

The amount of points i get, i could have gotten my next plane ticket for free if they had let me use my CC instead of the dang echeck :censored:

HA owes me a damn plane ticket to Dallas for the December 16th game against the Steelers!!! :sumo: