• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,131 posts in this topic

I remember the Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe from the 1980's saying they were slightly curved blades that retracted into "bionic housings" in his arms and there were small "flaps" in the backs of his hands for ease of extending & retracting the blades. I know this doesn't make the most sense, but it was established, and that is what his 'claws' will always be to me.

:grin:

-slym

I remember the Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe from the 1980's saying they were slightly curved blades that retracted into "bionic housings" in his arms and there were small "flaps" in the backs of his hands for ease of extending & retracting the blades. I know this doesn't make the most sense, but it was established, and that is what his 'claws' will always be to me.

-slym

:whatev:

-slym

:whatev:

meh

-slym

-slym

Makes more sense to me than bone claws.

Why, oh why, can't my comic book movies be faithful to the stories they are based on? Days Of Future Past with Colossus & Blink sounds like a bad move (much like most of the past X-movies)...

I am not looking for 100%, but it is almost like "they" aren't even trying. The LOTR trilogy wasn't 100% faithful to the books, but I enjoyed them immensely. IMHO, only the very first X-movie was any good, and it bothered me a lot with the liberties the writers took. The next two I was more and more disgusted with, so much that I haven't bothered with any of the others except for "1st Class," which was actually a decent enough story but the characters they chose to use and how they used them was bad. (Again, all IMHO.) I wouldn't have even watched that one if a girl I was seeing at the time hadn't wanted to watch it.

In Hollywood, Spider-Man has gotten a re-boot. Superman has gotten a re-boot. THE FRICKIN' HULK has gotten two re-boots...

Can't someone re-boot the X-franchise and make it half as faithful to the comics as Peter Jackson did to the LOTR movies?

Please???????

:(

/rant

-slym

I will tell you what I've been told in so many words here. Shut up and enjoy it. You should get down on your knees and kiss H'Wood's ring for even making movies based on comic books.

More like, everybody's entitled to their own opinion and you're entitled to yours but it's not nesecary to repeat it over and over and over and over and........

More like, everybody's entitled to their own opinion and you're entitled to yours but it's not nesecary to repeat it over and over and over and over and........

You forgot a few "...and over" mentions when it comes to Dice and Logan's love of the movie Wolverine.

(:

Why, oh why, can't my comic book movies be faithful to the stories they are based on? Days Of Future Past with Colossus & Blink sounds like a bad move (much like most of the past X-movies)...

I am not looking for 100%, but it is almost like "they" aren't even trying. The LOTR trilogy wasn't 100% faithful to the books, but I enjoyed them immensely. IMHO, only the very first X-movie was any good, and it bothered me a lot with the liberties the writers took. The next two I was more and more disgusted with, so much that I haven't bothered with any of the others except for "1st Class," which was actually a decent enough story but the characters they chose to use and how they used them was bad. (Again, all IMHO.) I wouldn't have even watched that one if a girl I was seeing at the time hadn't wanted to watch it.

In Hollywood, Spider-Man has gotten a re-boot. Superman has gotten a re-boot. THE FRICKIN' HULK has gotten two re-boots...

Can't someone re-boot the X-franchise and make it half as faithful to the comics as Peter Jackson did to the LOTR movies?

Please???????

:(

/rant

-slym

I will tell you what I've been told in so many words here. Shut up and enjoy it. You should get down on your knees and kiss H'Wood's ring for even making movies based on comic books.

Good one (thumbs u

You forgot a few "...and over" mentions when it comes to Dice and Logan's love of the movie Wolverine.

(:

lol

Who do you think Omar Sy will be playing? Bishop?

I remember Bishop was incorporated into the DOFP storyline for the FOX cartoon adaptation hm

Since they're bringing Blink into it, it's wide open. Maybe Maggot will show up, too! It's "Days of Future Past" in title only.

Who do you think Omar Sy will be playing? Bishop?

I remember Bishop was incorporated into the DOFP storyline for the FOX cartoon adaptation hm

Since they're bringing Blink into it, it's wide open. Maybe Maggot will show up, too! It's X-Men in title only.

FTFY

-slym

I'd say Bishop, which is incredibly exciting :headbang: I think he's a character who would translate very well to the screen. They can also use him to help set up the time travel element. He could be a pretty major player without screwing up too much of the main source material.

I really hate Bishop and his mullet. Cable sucks balls as well. What's with the guns when they have mutant powers?!

I blame most of you old on the board for supporting mess characters like Cable. Someone made him popular and I was a little too young when he burst onto the scene. You guys all bash Liefeld and he had a big part in Cable's early popularity. Man those early 90 X-Books went ape mess with Time Traveling Alternate Time line douchebagery. I think even Doc Watson said that's when the X-Books really mess the bed.

Bishop cut his hair.

I agree, Cable is supposed to be a grade-A #1 mutant bada$$.

I hate time-travel, I think of it as a crutch for poor storytelling, mostly.

I hate Liefeld because of his crappy drawing ability.

Don't blame anyone older than you for being older than you - we had no choice in that matter, and likely wouldn't try to change that just for you.

:foryou:

-slym

Don't blame anyone older than you for being older than you - we had no choice in that matter, and likely wouldn't try to change that just for you.

-slym

Well i suggest one of you go back in time and fix it, since Time Travel is such a cool thing!

I really hate Bishop and his mullet. Cable sucks balls as well. What's with the guns when they have mutant powers?!

I blame most of you old on the board for supporting mess characters like Cable. Someone made him popular and I was a little too young when he burst onto the scene. You guys all bash Liefeld and he had a big part in Cable's early popularity. Man those early 90 X-Books went ape mess with Time Traveling Alternate Time line douchebagery. I think even Doc Watson said that's when the X-Books really mess the bed.

Did everyone know that if you hit the 'quote' button on Mephisto's post you can see what he originally wrote that got transformed into "spoon"?

I think he just called me an old spoon :o

I think the X-Books right now are the best they've been in a loooooong time. Wolverine & the X-Men hasn't stumbled yet - every issue has been a blast and All-New X-Men has been incredible. The best stories always happen when people aren't afraid to stir the soup and mess with the status quo.

Isn't Bishop bald? I think he's been bald since before Y2K.

Edited by Kramerica