• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

The #1 9.9 on Comiclink just ended at $7,600 :o

While Comiclink's probably not the best place to sell this, there's also a 9.9 on Ebay with no bids at $10k with 1 day to go.

Both are "White Label", so it looks like the recent $16k sale was purely down to that being a "Black Label" copy and someone wanting the best of the best.

It looks like those that sold their White Label for Black Label copies were wise to do so as there's now a gulf between them and I only see that widening as time goes on.

Last year at this time, there were 7 cgc 9.9's. Now there are 15. It seems like the people that wanted a 9.9 and had the means to buy it, have done so. Now the prices are dropping to the next tier buyer. I stole this link from ExcludedTim on the TWD thread

http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/issuehistory.asp?comicid=43829

Interesting data. Thanks for sharing,

I don't think that the WD 1 9.9 selling for $7600 had anything to do with CL and their clientele. The number 19 in 9.8 sold for $620 or about $100 over the 12 month average price. The number 7 in 9.9 came in right at the last recorded GPA sale. So there appears to be plenty of WD collectors at CL's auctions. The downward trend on 9.9's is most likely as you've said - there are twice as many 9.9's now as there were a year ago. But not 2x as many people looking to pay the 9.9 premium.

This is exactly the reason why WD 9.9 pricing will continue to tumble. There needs to be a 10 and then we will see some crazy pricing.

why wouldn't this same argument hold for 9.8's? a little over a year ago there were 400 9.8's, now there are 650. given the huge surge in supply, it's impressive the book has held steady or even increased slightly since then.

A much larger pool of buyers at 1500-2000 than at 7000-10000.

The #1 9.9 on Comiclink just ended at $7,600 :o

While Comiclink's probably not the best place to sell this, there's also a 9.9 on Ebay with no bids at $10k with 1 day to go.

Both are "White Label", so it looks like the recent $16k sale was purely down to that being a "Black Label" copy and someone wanting the best of the best.

It looks like those that sold their White Label for Black Label copies were wise to do so as there's now a gulf between them and I only see that widening as time goes on.

Last year at this time, there were 7 cgc 9.9's. Now there are 15. It seems like the people that wanted a 9.9 and had the means to buy it, have done so. Now the prices are dropping to the next tier buyer. I stole this link from ExcludedTim on the TWD thread

http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/issuehistory.asp?comicid=43829

Interesting data. Thanks for sharing,

I don't think that the WD 1 9.9 selling for $7600 had anything to do with CL and their clientele. The number 19 in 9.8 sold for $620 or about $100 over the 12 month average price. The number 7 in 9.9 came in right at the last recorded GPA sale. So there appears to be plenty of WD collectors at CL's auctions. The downward trend on 9.9's is most likely as you've said - there are twice as many 9.9's now as there were a year ago. But not 2x as many people looking to pay the 9.9 premium.

This is exactly the reason why WD 9.9 pricing will continue to tumble. There needs to be a 10 and then we will see some crazy pricing.

why wouldn't this same argument hold for 9.8's? a little over a year ago there were 400 9.8's, now there are 650. given the huge surge in supply, it's impressive the book has held steady or even increased slightly since then.

Because in 9.8 it's still affordable enough for the demand and the price has maintained value due to the demand.

remember there are probably some double dip submissions of 9.8s trying for a 9.9...

Is it me or does it seem everyone is dumping their Walking Deads..?

Does anyone have a Black Label 9.8 they want to Dump before things get bad ... :roflmao:

Define dump. I have both black and white label 9.8's

Is it me or does it seem everyone is dumping their Walking Deads..?

Does anyone have a Black Label 9.8 they want to Dump before things get bad ... :roflmao:

Define dump. I have both black and white label 9.8's

dump:

a site for depositing garbage.

a place where a particular kind of waste, esp. dangerous waste, is left.

a place where weapons and other military equipment is stored.

an unpleasant or dreary place.

an act of defecation.

Edited by rfoiii