• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 9/10/2021 at 10:58 AM, Grottu said:
Translation: TATs are ever changing and essentially meaningless...

Hi xxxxx,

We know that turnaround times are important to our customers. We are currently experiencing extremely high submission volumes and are working hard to complete submissions as quickly as possible while ensuring the quality of our services.  We apologize for any delays or inconvenience.

Turnaround times can and do fluctuate from week to week depending on the submission volume.  The turnaround time might have been 77 business days when you completed your order but if we received 50,000 submissions in the same week that we received your submission, then, unfortunately, we have no choice but to increase the time. I understand it is frustrating but know that we are doing everything that we can to bring these times down as quickly as we can.  

Thank you!

Jennifer Fuls

Customer Service
Certified Collectibles Group

Translation: Demand is always exceeding capacity, so turnaround times will always be excessive. Just accept it.

On 9/10/2021 at 2:54 PM, Jaylam said:

Translation: Demand is always exceeding capacity, so turnaround times will always be excessive. Just accept it.

I’d happily accept it if it were a skills-heavy service like resto or conservator work. But grading? Gimme a break. Your business model’s broken when it requires someone to surrender possession of their collectibles for more than half a year just to have them eye-balled and slabbed.

On 9/10/2021 at 6:57 AM, Ninja0215 said:

Hey! ty brother. The amount of good advice I have received here has been spot on. 

Yep I was giving bad info! (dangit)

So created order for Moderns - broken into 3x fast track, rest slow. Order form did break apart at tiers w/separate $5 charge per.   

I guess the "across board" $5 charge is only if you're submitting 25+ at same service tier. Where the sub is broken apart into separate logical 25x orders but only charged the one handling whether for 25, 50, or 100 books :/

Sorry, shouldnt have spoken up out of turn. 

I sent a book in march and finally recieved in April.  Economy. Still no movement in  sept. I sent them a email saying it shows 120 days for economy  , my book been there longer then that and i got a email back saying economy was up to 165 days .  Honestly its getting ridiculous.  Send a book in march and get back in November at this point .  Nothing i can do but not shipping anything for a long time. 

It is worrisome that turnaround times keep going up (111 business days for MST). I was hoping that once CGC started opening packages past the 6/30 delivered deadline we'd start seeing some improvement. Looks like this is the new norm.

On 9/13/2021 at 10:12 AM, cbalroman said:

34 book - Modern Pre Screen 

Delivered to CGC: 05/04/21

Showed up in Confirmed Package Delivery tool:  05/11/2021

Received/Scheduled for Grading: 06/28/2021

Grading / Encapsulation / Imaging: 09/13/2021

I have a Modern PreScreen Delivered 4/28 and rcvd 6/16 still at SFG...