• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,041 posts in this topic

On 11/26/2021 at 3:02 PM, irishcritic said:

Absolute worst CGC order I’ve ever seen!!!!! 

Been there believe me, I question almost why I buy raws at all when the grades come back like that lol

I had 25 comics listed as "at CCS", then I was charged for CCS service. After that, the comics disappeared from the tracking system. What happened? Has anyone else encountered this? My other submissions are still there but not this one.

On 11/26/2021 at 5:26 PM, paqart said:

I had 25 comics listed as "at CCS", then I was charged for CCS service. After that, the comics disappeared from the tracking system. What happened? Has anyone else encountered this? My other submissions are still there but not this one.

It's rare, but happens. Usually will pop up again in about 2-3 business days. 

On 11/26/2021 at 3:17 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Been there believe me, I question almost why I buy raws at all when the grades come back like that lol

I can’t make heads or tails of. One brand new Off the shelf comic came back a 6.5 with no notes!! WTF??? No bends, tears, missing pages, spine ticks, lines that break color anything at all, and it was pressed beforehand. It’s mind boggling honestly. I won’t be sending anything else for awhile. Which sucks cause I’ve got a massive stack and usually send 3-400 a year. Can’t waste money on ridiculous TAT and some kind of wonky grades…..

On 11/26/2021 at 5:32 PM, irishcritic said:

I can’t make heads or tails of. One brand new Off the shelf comic came back a 6.5 with no notes!! WTF??? No bends, tears, missing pages, spine ticks, lines that break color anything at all, and it was pressed beforehand. It’s mind boggling honestly. I won’t be sending anything else for awhile. Which sucks cause I’ve got a massive stack and usually send 3-400 a year. Can’t waste money on ridiculous TAT and some kind of wonky grades…..

Yep I just got back an 8.5 with no notes too, I was like  :cry:

Still a 6.5 I've got back I think had notes but that is :tonofbricks:

On 11/26/2021 at 6:54 PM, joeypost said:

They misplaced an order of mine from April, that eventually made its way down the line and got graded. 

This is just speculation on my part but, I believe these books were placed in the wrong boxes and there is no real way to look for them under their current backlog. Sucks it happens, but my experience is that they eventually do show up. 

Thanks Joey appreciate you sharing and does make me feel hopeful. What frustrates me the most is that they tout their incredible handling and labeling and grading process on the site, yet a) the submission got placed in slow track when it was fast track, and b) they have no idea where it is or how to find it. Then to have been corresponding with them since August and they keep telling me how they have people looking for it for almost 4 months is just a joke. Give me access and I bet I can find it in four months. How hard are you really looking? I have interacted with various CGC people over the years both at shows and email and phone and they always were great to deal with and caring about the customer. During this whole experience I have yet to feel they even care about my concerns or having my business. Just really disappointed in them as a company and the way this has been handled. I guess I just have to wait and see what happens.     

On 11/26/2021 at 8:01 PM, X_Phile said:

Thanks Joey appreciate you sharing and does make me feel hopeful. What frustrates me the most is that they tout their incredible handling and labeling and grading process on the site, yet a) the submission got placed in slow track when it was fast track, and b) they have no idea where it is or how to find it. Then to have been corresponding with them since August and they keep telling me how they have people looking for it for almost 4 months is just a joke. Give me access and I bet I can find it in four months. How hard are you really looking? I have interacted with various CGC people over the years both at shows and email and phone and they always were great to deal with and caring about the customer. During this whole experience I have yet to feel they even care about my concerns or having my business. Just really disappointed in them as a company and the way this has been handled. I guess I just have to wait and see what happens.     

Might be a silly question but have you tried escalating this to their customer service manager?  Hope they find your books.

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/9110/ccg-turnaround-times/

I'm posting this again as proof that cgc says tat start at delivery.  Cause it's too hard to find that if people dont know it would be too hard to prove.

We need more eyes on it, the announcement was in may like 7 months ago. 

I don't blame anyone for forgetting or it getting lost in the shuffle  :wavingwhiteflag:

On 11/26/2021 at 8:01 PM, X_Phile said:

I don't think it is an issue of not caring. They got crushed with submissions. I am sure stuff was stacked all over, and in the process, things were misplaced. Not making excuses, but you can see how, at a certain point, there is little you can do to swim upstream against the torrent of submissions looking for one of two that were misplaced. What I would expect from them is to have the fees refunded and they grade the books when they do locate them. That is the part they have control over. Hopefully, the worst is behind them, based on conversations I have had with management and those with some ability to make decisions on their own. 

On 11/24/2021 at 6:21 PM, Fisionbomb said:

11/12/2021 response:

It does appear that your invoice is past due.   I will send a message down to have them locate and rush the order.

Thanksgiving Eve response (11/24/2021):

We are still actively searching for this submission.

I'm still waiting on a Silvestri remark on a comic also, note last week they showed examples so I am betting he just gave them the remarks back even though the base signing was done in September.