• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,075 posts in this topic

On 12/7/2021 at 12:32 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

image.png.6b9afa19a3904d677df428b6dddbfd62.png

When I was little I loved her character and of course Alanis Morissette!

image.png.20e6b8a2e5600882effa5a3d37966598.png

Greggy how are you confused? That show and everyone in it is from Canada. lol 

On 12/7/2021 at 9:46 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Greggy how are you confused? That show and everyone in it is from Canada. lol 

Never watched it :p

On 12/7/2021 at 8:33 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

When were you charged for it?

Also when was it delivered?

I have one delivered yesterday that hadn't checked in, I want to see If I finally get a fast treatment that has been rumored in the past month and evidently happened to you.

Although it's a 20 book modern slow sub

I was hoping 1 of my 2 recent subs received on 12/6 would hit the lottery and get the expedited treatment, but alas, they both went to SFG. :sorry:

On 12/7/2021 at 6:33 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

When were you charged for it?

Also when was it delivered?

I have one delivered yesterday that hadn't checked in, I want to see If I finally get a fast treatment that has been rumored in the past month and evidently happened to you.

Although it's a 20 book modern slow sub

On 12/7/2021 at 6:42 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

There are actually two, but the other one doesn't show and they were sent/arrived at the same time which was this past Friday I believe. Today it was officially received by them. I was charged for the one shown only. Mine is modern slow as well! lol

Crazy, that modern slow sub turned into a WK without paying the WK price lol

Just seen that it shipped already! But the other modern slow sub that was sent at the same time is not even in the system yet. Better yet, they are all 9.8's so I'll take the win...definitely an outlier though. 

2021 Nov Shipping Update 4.png

On 12/8/2021 at 10:05 AM, Petroman said:

Just got this email notification:

image.png.d0b19f503ebe3d8149d45286eca1ad6a.png

The saying "Hurry up and wait" sure comes to mind.  Honestly, they should make the form take 100 times longer to complete so that submissions are slowed down, not accelerated.  

I honestly haven't had issues with their current submission forms. (shrug) It's like trying to fix a garden hose leak while the dam is about to break.

On 12/8/2021 at 11:08 AM, skybolt said:

I honestly haven't had issues with their current submission forms. (shrug) It's like trying to fix a garden hose leak while the dam is about to break.

I like their submission form.  20 times better than their competition for sure. 

On 12/8/2021 at 12:08 PM, skybolt said:

Makes it much easier to add to the backlog of submissions. Pretty sure the old submission process isn't what they should be focused on as a priority. 

The TAT for non-FT Economy subs was estimated to be 140 days on 11-21-21, shortly after CGC announced (with great fanfare) that they had eliminated the backlog of comic submission parcels waiting to be opened.  Yay, right?  Not so fast, Sparky!  (tsk)  That same TAT is now estimated to be 152 days:whatthe::whatthe::whatthe:

That's right, the TAT has increased by 12 working days in the past 12 working days.  lol

On 12/8/2021 at 1:20 PM, zzutak said:

The TAT for non-FT Economy subs was estimated to be 140 days on 11-21-21, shortly after CGC announced (with great fanfare) that they had eliminated the backlog of comic submission parcels waiting to be opened.  Yay, right?  Not so fast, Sparky!  (tsk)  That same TAT is now estimated to be 152 days:whatthe::whatthe::whatthe:

That's right, the TAT has increased by 12 working days in the past 12 working days.  lol

I think a lot of us were hopeful that CGC opening packages upon arrival would expedite the turnaround times. However, even though the 2 plus month wait time between delivered and received has been reduced to less than a week, the TAT's have actually gone up.:tonofbricks:

On 12/8/2021 at 12:08 PM, skybolt said:

Completely agree.  If you really want to spend web development $$$ then I would focus on 1) removing the 8 month limitation on seeing your old submissions in the list and 2) more accurate/up-to-date TATS.  Anything that could give the clients more transparency into where their submissions are in the processing phases would be greatly appreciated and would probably cut down on the number of calls they get from people asking where their books are.  On the plus side, I guess it is a good sign that CGC are investing in their website.

On 12/8/2021 at 8:20 AM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Crazy, that modern slow sub turned into a WK without paying the WK price lol

Just seen that it shipped already! But the other modern slow sub that was sent at the same time is not even in the system yet. Better yet, they are all 9.8's so I'll take the win...definitely an outlier though. 

2021 Nov Shipping Update 4.png

Suddenly the other sub is received that arrived with the one mentioned above, and it is already in GEI. What the heck...???