• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,049 posts in this topic

On 2/2/2022 at 9:33 PM, dikran1 said:

When was it delivered, mine hasn’t appeared yet…

I mailed mine on 1/19/21 

It arrived by tracking on 1/21/20 but didn't show anything until it updated today.

I must be bored...if you send in books from each of these tiers, pay for the express option for Modern and Economy and count the time they spend at CGC as paying rent for them to live there. Standard is the most expensive per day. Modern is the cheapest...unless I mixed up the math.

Modern (1975 - Present)

Max. Value
per Item
(USD)
$400

Fee per Item
(USD)
$24
Fast Track: +$15

Current Turnaround (working days)130 days
Fast Track: 90 days
Economy (Pre - 1975)

Max. Value
per Item
(USD)
$400

Fee per Item
(USD)
$35
Fast Track: +$15

Current Turnaround (working days)195 days
Fast Track: 92 days
Standard

Max. Value
per Item
(USD)
$1,000

Fee per Item
(USD)
$80

Current Turnaround (working days)73 days

On 1/31/2022 at 5:01 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

I got all 100 of my regular moderns back and already sold from received date 8/26.

You should call them. 

That's pretty impressive. It usually takes me a full year to sell everything from a single submission.

On 2/3/2022 at 7:29 AM, dikran1 said:

Mine was delivered 1/11/22 and still hasn’t appeared, getting a bit worried…

On 2/3/2022 at 8:31 AM, Barth said:

No update on mine yet. I shipped Economy and Modern books along with my Perez submission and those books are in the system, the Perez books have not been entered yet 

For what it's worth, my one George Perez signing was delivered 1/25/22 and was just marked as received into their system today, 2/3/22

Maybe it was on top of the pile of submissions?  

Edited by thingsofstuff

On 2/2/2022 at 6:22 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

My 7/20's were just graded last week so you probably still have a little while. 

:censored: I inquired this week about a 7/24 Econ invoice and they told me it was going to be another 60+ days.

:censored:

Reply from CS on inconsistent TATs

"Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.  Currently, CGC is testing out a new production process, the end goal of which is to speed up our overall service times for all departments.  During this testing phase, you may see some individual invoices being processed at a much faster rate than other invoices or the normal turnaround time for that tier.  We are hopeful that if this new process is successful after the testing phase, we can implement this on all submissions and tiers to dramatically improve all turnaround times.  

Thank you!"

On 2/3/2022 at 1:31 PM, GACollectibles said:

"Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.  Currently, CGC is testing out a new production process, the end goal of which is to speed up our overall service times for all departments.  During this testing phase, you may see some individual invoices being processed at a much faster rate than other invoices or the normal turnaround time for that tier.  We are hopeful that if this new process is successful after the testing phase, we can implement this on all submissions and tiers to dramatically improve all turnaround times.  

Thank you!"

Please test me.

Current state...

8/11/21
ECONOMY
Scheduled for Grading

8/11/21
ECONOMY
Scheduled for Grading

8/11/21
VALUE
Scheduled for Grading

8/11/21
VALUE
Scheduled for Grading

On 2/3/2022 at 1:14 PM, GACollectibles said:

:censored: I inquired this week about a 7/24 Econ invoice and they told me it was going to be another 60+ days.

I imagine that is going by TAT but maybe the actual queueueueue is shorter as iimplied by NWOs books? Or a rogue worker grabbed from the econ pile, all the time thinking "screw the man!"

On 2/3/2022 at 2:11 PM, Bird said:

I imagine that is going by TAT but maybe the actual queueueueue is shorter as iimplied by NWOs books? Or a rogue worker grabbed from the econ pile, all the time thinking "screw the man!"

I think the Customer Service response I got addresses why some get processed faster while telling me I still had 60+ days to wait.

On 2/3/2022 at 1:31 PM, GACollectibles said:

"Hello,

Thank you!"

On 2/2/2022 at 6:22 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

My 7/20's were just graded last week so you probably still have a little while. 

Was that your received date or SFG date?

I have a 7/12 received | 9/2 SFG that is still stuck. I'll get an update on it Saturday from my LCS.