• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,073 posts in this topic

On 5/17/2022 at 3:51 PM, ramrodcar said:

You give me hope, my regular modern sub received on 3/14 is still in SFG :wishluck:

Two of my three 2/24 received regular moderns are still in SFG.

On 5/17/2022 at 3:57 PM, skybolt said:

Two of my three 2/24 received regular moderns are still in SFG.

it'd really be great if CGC would divulge how they work through the SFG backlog for each tier. I wonder if it's value based (to get highest dollar books off premises asap), seniority of submitter, proximity of box to box picker, etc...

On 5/17/2022 at 4:01 PM, ramrodcar said:

it'd really be great if CGC would divulge how they work through the SFG backlog for each tier. I wonder if it's value based (to get highest dollar books off premises asap), seniority of submitter, proximity of box to box picker, etc...

It could just be that some graders go through their batch of submissions faster than others. In all honestly, the last few times my books were rushed through the grading process, the grades were awful. I don't mind waiting another couple of weeks for these 2 submissions if it means getting an experienced grader.

On 5/17/2022 at 11:07 AM, captainzombie said:

You can't stop taking in submissions, that will cause huge issues for the company and damage their reputation even further.

No it wouldn't. Halting their submissions while they take the time to fix their QC and CS issues and you know maybe post accurate turnaround times for the first time in forever would give the consumer more confidence in the brand. Continuing to raise prices while the service you provide declines and the time it takes to perform said service increases is the exact opposite of what you should be doing if you care at all about your brand. They have no incentive to do so because they have no competition. 

On 5/17/2022 at 8:42 PM, JollyComics said:

Last two years, CGC is currently hiring for all positions included graders.

They currently have only 16 graders.  I thought they hired more graders but I guessed not.

https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/cgc-graders/

What is the TAT for them updating that web page.  I'm guessing 2+ years.  Maybe more.  Heck they can't even get their "Now Opening Packages..." page updated to be anything close to the actual dates.

On 5/17/2022 at 9:36 PM, darkstar said:

No it wouldn't. Halting their submissions while they take the time to fix their QC and CS issues and you know maybe post accurate turnaround times for the first time in forever would give the consumer more confidence in the brand. Continuing to raise prices while the service you provide declines and the time it takes to perform said service increases is the exact opposite of what you should be doing if you care at all about your brand. They have no incentive to do so because they have no competition. 

The economic "laws" of supply and demand would say that there is far more demand than supply.  The way to fix this is to either increase the supply, e.g. graders, or raise the prices to lower demand.  I know they have been doing both, but apparently they have more to do on both fronts.  Personally I would just get rid of FAST TRACK and make the entry into both MODERN and ECONOMY be the current tier + FAST TRACK prices, e.g. $39 for MODERN and $50 for ECONOMY.  Maybe label the increase as SURGE pricing (a la Uber) and if the demand ever abates they can roll back some of the price increase.  Not sure that will ever happen though...

On 5/17/2022 at 8:58 PM, Petroman said:

What is the TAT for them updating that web page.  I'm guessing 2+ years.  Maybe more.  Heck they can't even get their "Now Opening Packages..." page updated to be anything close to the actual dates.

Not their jobs.  It's people who work in the warehouse to open the packages before the verification team and restoration checkers.

On 5/17/2022 at 10:08 PM, JollyComics said:

Not their jobs.  It's people who work in the warehouse to open the packages before the verification team and restoration checkers.

Not pointing fingers at who's job it may be, but rather that the information on the website may not be particularly accurate.

On 5/18/2022 at 8:42 AM, Miguelb said:

Something has definitely changed, modern fast track I sent two weeks ago has already been opened and at G/E/I.

My last fast track was also really fast. I love that quick turnaround and I am about to send another FT modern group in today.