• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,075 posts in this topic

I inquired via e-mail about my books.

The reply was that my books were graded and ready for slabbing.

I thought "Awesome!"

The next sentence:

"They should be shipped to you in a few WEEKS"

:frustrated:

I thought "Awesome!"

The next sentence:

That's what I got about two weeks ago. My books were sealed in the inner well but just had to be encapsulated in the outer shell, and that could take 1-2 weeks. Well, we're past that now. At this pace they must be running one encapsulation machine for 3 hours a day.

I think they are restoring backups which is what caused the downtime. Either that or during his death squall Mr fluffy tail the 2nd erased comments. I subbed 5 early asms. All have key comments. When first entered the comments were weird (1st Betty Brant with no mention of first flint Marko) ff cameo but no mention of first Dr doom outside ff. They had fixed this as of the other day. Now its back.

I say give it 3/4 more months, around x-mas time if their bottom line had been eroded (which I fully expect) CGC may start thinking about concessions and changes.

If their submission volume drops then they might get back within shouting distance of their original TATs for some of these tiers.

I thought "Awesome!"

The next sentence:

That's what I got about two weeks ago. My books were sealed in the inner well but just had to be encapsulated in the outer shell, and that could take 1-2 weeks. Well, we're past that now. At this pace they must be running one encapsulation machine for 3 hours a day.

Don't sell them short. They run it from 9-11, take a 2 hour lunch, and then from 1-3, so it's four hours.

In case you're wondering, they grab a stack of value tier books and spend 3-5 in the can. :smirk:

I thought "Awesome!"

The next sentence:

Don't sell them short. They run it from 9-11, take a 2 hour lunch, and then from 1-3, so it's four hours.

In case you're wondering, they grab a stack of value tier books and spend 3-5 in the can. :smirk:

That would explain a lot. Today I'm on day 40 in Graded, still not even in QC.

MST > Received: 5/15 > Verified: 6/10 > Scheduled for Grading: 6/18 >

MST > Received 6/02 >

MFT > Received: 6/02 > Verified: 6/10 > Scheduled for Grading: 6/16 > Graded: 6/23 > Graded/Quality Control: 6/26 >

MST > Received: 6/25 >

MST > Received: 6/26 >

MFT > Received: 6/25 >

Edited by AntBrown

Modern Slow Track #1

3/31 Received

4/28 Verified

5/05 Scheduled for Grading

5/14 Graded

5/28 Quality Control

5/28 Shipped/Safe (Hours after QC)

Modern Slow Track #2

4/17 Received

5/13 Verified

5/17 Scheduled for Grading (working on a Saturday)

6/3 Graded

6/10 QC

6/10 shipped/safe

Modern Slow Track #3

5/05 Received

6/06 verified

6/11 scheduled for grading

Modern Slow Track #4

5/23 Received

6/26 Verified

15 book slow track value sub showed up in the system as received on 3/25. My math says that the posted 59 day TAT plus 10 con Fridays in that span puts my expected due date at June 30th (I'm hoping that I actually see them by WW Chicago). Let's see how they do... :taptaptap:

:o Verified (finally) on 5/6. 24 (Mon-Thur) business days to reach this stage.

:o:o Scheduled for grading on 5/16, things are really moving now! lol

Graded on 5/17, all 15 showing blue labels! :cool:

6/23 - still stuck in Graded, haven't even moved to QC in 36 calendar days :P The 59th business day (accounting for con Fridays) is in one week. It's not looking good for them to hit even the inflated TAT stated on the site.

6/26 - Holy mess, they moved to QC today!

15 book slow track value sub showed up in the system as received on 3/25. My math says that the posted 59 day TAT plus 10 con Fridays in that span puts my expected due date at June 30th (I'm hoping that I actually see them by WW Chicago). Let's see how they do... :taptaptap:

:o Verified (finally) on 5/6. 24 (Mon-Thur) business days to reach this stage.

:o:o Scheduled for grading on 5/16, things are really moving now! lol

Graded on 5/17, all 15 showing blue labels! :cool:

6/23 - still stuck in Graded, haven't even moved to QC in 36 calendar days :P The 59th business day (accounting for con Fridays) is in one week. It's not looking good for them to hit even the inflated TAT stated on the site.

6/26 - Holy mess, they moved to QC today!

:golfclap:

Long Beach Comic Expo ended June 1

Received: 6/5

Verified: 6/10

Scheduled for Grading: 6/24

Graded: 6/25

Shipped: ?

Well, things are moving forward. Let's see how long it takes in the "Graded" state.

FYI, grades haven't been listed yet.