• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

27,000 posts in this topic

Tony, maybe best to head back in the foreign thread lol

Apparently CGC has professionals on the boards thats why the books are still not graded!!! :roflmao:

Hey Liam, isnt there a convention coming up where they do same day grading on the spot? Now that is the ticket

Fast Track Invoice

Received on: 3/6/13

Graded on: 3/21/13 (12th business day)

Waiting on "Quality Control" and "Shipped/Safe" :wishluck:

R

Graded/Quality Control: 3/22/13 (13th business day) :wishluck:

Wow that is awesome.. how much is Fast Track on Bronze or Modern?

Is it different if Foreign or signature series?

Fast Track Invoice

Received on: 3/6/13

Graded on: 3/21/13 (12th business day)

Waiting on "Quality Control" and "Shipped/Safe" :wishluck:

R

Graded/Quality Control: 3/22/13 (13th business day) :wishluck:

Wow that is awesome.. how much is Fast Track on Bronze or Modern?

Is it different if Foreign or signature series?

Foreign doesn't change anything at all in any part of the process. I assure you.

How do you know they haven't opened them, or even received them? I would call someone, because they ought to be at least Verified and probably SFG if not Graded by now.

I email them once a week. They are currently opening books of week October 27.......

"Opening books"? Do you mean grading books? Which tier are you talking about?

They opening the vault and taking a group of books out. then they to grading for a week, then to encapsulation for a week, then 2 weeks later they are shipped out...

thats what they tell me. heck who knows, CGC is more private than the CIA

Ehm ... you seem to be confusing the actual process.

When books are shipped to CGC, they show up as "Received". CGC then checks the books and they go to "Verified".

After that the books sit in the vault for a while - for how long depends on the tier - get pulled out for grading, then moved to the encapsulation room, and then back in the vault until they're ready to be QC'ed and shipped out. The time between stages depend on the tier and how back-logged CGC is at various stages - sometimes they switch from graded to shipped very fast, sometimes they don't.

If your subbed your books back in November under either the Economy or Value tier, they are at least sitting in "Verified" right now - perhaps even scheduled for grading - and will most likely get graded within the next week (based on what other people have posted so far).

Green Jacket Gold Jacket...Who gives a S-H-I-T on the process ....I dont have the books since Nov 3rd....

Im glad you can explain how sausage gets made...

With that lovely attitude, I'm sure CGC is working overtime just to get your books "opened" :thumbsup:

Next time don't be a cheap-azz and pay for fast-track.

How do you know they haven't opened them, or even received them? I would call someone, because they ought to be at least Verified and probably SFG if not Graded by now.

I email them once a week. They are currently opening books of week October 27.......

They opening the vault and taking a group of books out. then they to grading for a week, then to encapsulation for a week, then 2 weeks later they are shipped out...

When books are shipped to CGC, they show up as "Received". CGC then checks the books and they go to "Verified".

After that the books sit in the vault for a while - for how long depends on the tier - get pulled out for grading, then moved to the encapsulation room, and then back in the vault until they're ready to be QC'ed and shipped out. The time between stages depend on the tier and how back-logged CGC is at various stages - sometimes they switch from graded to shipped very fast, sometimes they don't.

If your subbed your books back in November under either the Economy or Value tier, they are at least sitting in "Verified" right now - perhaps even scheduled for grading - and will most likely get graded within the next week (based on what other people have posted so far).

Green Jacket Gold Jacket...Who gives a S-H-I-T on the process ....I dont have the books since Nov 3rd....

With that lovely attitude, I'm sure CGC is working overtime just to get your books "opened" :thumbsup:

not because I wasnt being cheap, They didnt offer it so I didnt know.

i dropped about 2 grand on books this month so its not the money

Finally I will have my Batman 227 foreign set :popcorn:

Perhaps next time you will give a S-H-I-T about the process, then.

I still dont have to care about the process. You have proven to me that by paying more next week I dont have to care :)

As of this morning I have 374 Fast Tracks in "Graded" or "Grading/QC" from 3/6, 3/7, & 3/8.

My FedEx driver is going to be hating on me shortly.

Nah, they'll just back the 53' trailer in front of your place, then make you download the boxes off the pallets by yourself. :insane:

:cloud9::golfclap: My books are curently sitting in the QC part so I should have them soon after they are done & shipped out

hmmm...is it possible for other people to check on my order? It's only been a week since I gave it to them at Megacon, I am not expecting it back until like September since I got the cheapest option possible, but it was my first ever submission so I'm anxious.

:cloud9::golfclap: My books are curently sitting in the QC part so I should have them soon after they are done & shipped out

Don't get too excited. One of my subs has been stuck in QC purgatory for well over a month now. Another just got to QC 2 weeks ago.

10/31 modern sub (8 books) went to Scheduled for Grading today.

:whee::whee::whee:

Hit graded today, 10 business days after moving to "scheduled for grading". At 89 business days and counting since the invoice date.

That sub hit graded on 3/5, so 16 days later there has been no movement whatsoever. :cry: At about 100 business days total on this particular sub to this point. I'm betting the influx of ECCC and London books have killed TATs just as they started to improve.

4 more days and still at Graded.

Is QC a separate category that will show up on the status page online? I've never seen that one before and was wondering if it was new, or whether you can find out if you are in QC only by calling.