• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing 678 Mary Jane variant....
2 2

1,475 posts in this topic

The 9.8 that was ended early as it was "no longer available" yesterday has yet to register on the GPA.My guess is that it will not, if it was even sold.Maybe the seller wants more money.

That seller is probably a boardie, as well.......if so, and you happen to be reading this, please post up the transaction details, kind sir.

OK since I've been getting a load of PMs about it, the 9.8 was mine. I sold it to a boardie who may reveal himself if he chooses to, or not

I got $3600 for it clear (check) / no fees, so that's as if it went for $4300 on ebay before ebay & paypal fees, give or take $50.

Just waiting for the check to come in the mail and the deal is done

Good luck to the next one, hope whoever is waiting for theirs to come back gets a 9.8 and does a happy dance like I did (thumbs u

If you can provide a record of the sale, detailing that the buyer paid you in full for the boo and he has received the book, you should get in touch with the GPA guy on here and report the sale to him.

I am sure that Costas, Chip and Jerome whenever he gets his copy back from CGC, that is) would all appreciate that (thumbs u

The 9.8 that was ended early as it was "no longer available" yesterday has yet to register on the GPA.My guess is that it will not, if it was even sold.Maybe the seller wants more money.

That seller is probably a boardie, as well.......if so, and you happen to be reading this, please post up the transaction details, kind sir.

OK since I've been getting a load of PMs about it, the 9.8 was mine. I sold it to a boardie who may reveal himself if he chooses to, or not

I got $3600 for it clear (check) / no fees, so that's as if it went for $4300 on ebay before ebay & paypal fees, give or take $50.

Good luck to the next one, hope whoever is waiting for theirs to come back gets a 9.8 and does a happy dance like I did (thumbs u

If you can provide a record of the sale, detailing that the buyer paid you in full for the boo and he has received the book, you should get in touch with the GPA guy on here and report the sale to him.

I am sure that Costas, Chip and Jerome whenever he gets his copy back from CGC, that is) would all appreciate that (thumbs u

$3600.... :o

$3600.... :o

That was cheap.

-J.

9.2, there looks to be some CB creases on the front spine. But I honestly can't tell if that's from the scanner or not (shrug)

There's nothing on the spine except one 1/16" light CB tic. Everything you see is on the scanner bed, the inner well or the slab.

I have multiple CGC 9.8 and 9.6 slabs with me here and this book is comparable to all of them.

Edited by Chip Cataldo

It's hard to grade through a slab. I would stick this in the PGM section and see what they say. I'm at a 9.4/9.6 from what I think I see (and how it compares to mine, which you can see a large scan of a few pages back if you like):

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8639790&fpart=60

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

Thanks for that link. Mine is definitely not a 9.8 but I'd certainly put it at a 9.6. Not sure if a press would improve it, but the two 9.8s above yours on that page are definitely a little worse than mine is.

I'm confident in the grade. I've got it up at $2,750/OBO so we'll see what happens. I'm sure it will sell as I have quite a bit of room on the price to make it worthwhile for me.

Thanks for that link. Mine is definitely not a 9.8 but I'd certainly put it at a 9.6. Not sure if a press would improve it, but the two 9.8s above yours on that page are definitely a little worse than mine is.

I'm confident in the grade. I've got it up at $2,750/OBO so we'll see what happens. I'm sure it will sell as I have quite a bit of room on the price to make it worthwhile for me.

If you had it CGC'd, I think you'd get a 9.6.

Yes I think even the boardie who posted those said CGC graded them soft. They seem to be tighter now, as only one new 9.8 has been added to the census in a year (the one Lonzilla snagged at an on-site grading and then immediately sold).

-J.

If you had it CGC'd, I think you'd get a 9.6.

It's certainly a probability, but I can't have money tied up for that long especially when we're trying to move into a larger home. Hopefully it will sell within the week. :wishluck:

No. GPA only records sales from the dealers and sites that are part of their network - it won't matter what documentation you provide, they won't record data from sales between private individuals.