• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGX Question

240 posts in this topic

Actually, it was I who spoke of connecting the dots. And it is I who seems to have been the first person to realize that Barry Gaylor was DJBRADY4U - not Ryan Elliott. As near as I can tell, the common opinion was that Ryan Elliot was ebay seller DJBRADY4U. At least one person on this thread thought that Daniel Patterson was DJBRADY4U.

I just now received an email response from eBay Seller DJBRADY4U. He is Brady Gaylor. We have a clear trail of Ryan Elliot purchasing books that are later sold by on eBay by DJBRADY4U.

You Oakman confirmed they are friends by searching Facebook. I've never opened a Facebook account and I can see now that it can be very useful.

It is Telling that Ryan Elliott lists himself as a self employed broker of comic books. It's damning if he is indeed a grader for PGX. I'm going to assume that is true. Daniel knows who works for hiim.

I plan to call or email Daniel and see what he says (if anything). about this. If indeed the owner of PGX allows such, I won't be sending more books to be graded. However, being the fair minded person I am I'll see what Daniel does with this information.

No doubt I'll offend yet again - but the fact that Brady Gaylor is selling books sourced by Ryan Elliott is an important distinction. It is potentially the difference between a crooked business and a crook in the business. The grader, Ryan, is using a confederate. If he's selling under another's name he could also be doing the submissions under another name. But he knows which books are his - and obviously would make sure they get the grade he wants. If the owner of PGX finds out he has a crook in the business then you would expect a termination. If the business is honest

One other thing. The "beat down" comment by another poster. I believe they were referring to the all to common name calling, insults and accusations. Are people on these boards so accustomed to everyone agreeing with them anyone that disagrees must be a shill, on drugs, a jerk or has some other hidden agenda? And some people have learned to be subtle about their insults. They are "curious" as to why you say anything different than the prevailing opinion. If you are on the receiving end of the insults, it feels like a beating.

Again, thank you.

Wow, that would be really bad if only 1 grader gets to grade and encapsulate a book on his own. At the very least, you should have 2 independent graders looking at each and every book to make sure nothing is missed and to make sure the other grader is not tempted to ever gift a grade for a friend or for himself. If Daniel for some reason does not know about this, that would be very naive and way too trusting! Curious to see if that grader still sticks around at PGX after Daniel gets the researched info on him!

Really, if you have the slabbing equipment, how hard would it really be to set up a tight operation with consistent grading and good quality control? Given PGX will likely never get that reputation back to be considered legit and CGC has up to a 6-9 month back log, any ideas why a true quality grading company has not entered into the market place to help ease up those cgc turn times a little and maybe help keep prices more in check???

Are people on these boards so accustomed to everyone agreeing with them anyone that disagrees must be a shill, on drugs, a jerk or has some other hidden agenda?

I think it has less to do with people disagreeing with them than with the overwhelming amount of shills, trolls, jerks and even crooks who turn up on the boards, many of them repeatedly, that you might be unaware of given that you haven't spent as much time here. Couple that with the fact that the shady dealings of PGX have been discussed here in detail for more years than I can count, the raised hackles are understandable.

Wow, that would be really bad if only 1 grader gets to grade and encapsulate a book on his own. At the very least, you should have 2 independent graders looking at each and every book to make sure nothing is missed and to make sure the other grader is not tempted to ever gift a grade for a friend or for himself. If Daniel for some reason does not know about this, that would be very naive and way too trusting! Curious to see if that grader still sticks around at PGX after Daniel gets the researched info on him!

Really, if you have the slabbing equipment, how hard would it really be to set up a tight operation with consistent grading and good quality control? Given PGX will likely never get that reputation back to be considered legit and CGC has up to a 6-9 month back log, any ideas why a true quality grading company has not entered into the market place to help ease up those cgc turn times a little and maybe help keep prices more in check???

You still don't get it. doh!

There is no company,there is no quality control,there is no independent graders.You are curious to see if a grader still has his job after the info presented? Are you for real? They are buddies,they all know what is going on!

Are people on these boards so accustomed to everyone agreeing with them anyone that disagrees must be a shill, on drugs, a jerk or has some other hidden agenda?

I think it has less to do with people disagreeing with them than with the overwhelming amount of shills, trolls, jerks and even crooks who turn up on the boards, many of them repeatedly, that you might be unaware of given that you haven't spent as much time here. Couple that with the fact that the shady dealings of PGX have been discussed here in detail for more years than I can count, the raised hackles are understandable.

Or the fact that Tony S is unbelieveably naive,or worse ,a shill for pgx.Im saying this with no malice .But you are completely in the dark.

Ryan visited my store one day.As he dug throught some books he just leaves for a minute.He comes back in with some pgx submission books.These had been left unattended in his car.He spent 15 seconds a book grading them.No resto detection at all.That was the final grade.

Or the fact that Tony S is unbelieveably naive,or worse ,a shill for pgx.Im saying this with no malice .But you are completely in the dark.

Ryan visited my store one day.As he dug throught some books he just leaves for a minute.He comes back in with some pgx submission books.These had been left unattended in his car.He spent 15 seconds a book grading them.No resto detection at all.That was the final grade.

You can't call someone names and say there is no malice. That's naive. Once again, repeated eternally on these boards, if someone doesn't 100% agree then they must be on drugs, they must be shill, they must be naive or a jerk or whatever comes to mind. Because apparently it is just not possible that a normal person of average intelligence could have an opinion even in the slightest difference than the prevailing one. I can see why politics isn't allowed to be discussed on the boards.

Or the name calling could be just be ad hominem attacks (against the person) Rather than discuss the issue, just attack some aspect of the person. Because if the person is shill, or on drugs, or a jerk then you don't even have give their issues any thought. Ad hominem attacks are considered a logic flaw. As the saying goes, even a broken clock is right twice a day. So even someone naive or a shill could be right. For instance - a shill could discover that Ryan is not eBay seller DJBRADY4U - a commonly held opinion here. It's his friend and confederate Barry Gaylor.

I'm interested in your accounting of Ryan coming to your store - but I'm sorry - I do not follow it. Are you saying that he purchased books from you, took them out to his car and graded them? Or did he have books in his car already, purchased elsewhere? Regardless of which books he graded in his car, why did he bring the submission slips into the store? I'll assume you are not some sort of PGX submission site - so was he just bragging of what he does?

BTW - the submission form for PGX has the submitter estimate the grade. That is done they say to aid he submitter in determining FMV. The submission forms - just like those for CGC - are filled out for every submission.

Everyone agrees that PGX employees should not be purchasing comics, getting them graded by PGX and then selling them. Everyone.

Since you know Ryan, a couple of questions. Do you know Brady Gaylor? Have you ever seen Brady Gaylor in your store? Does Brady ever purchase books? Does Ryan ever speak or brag about working for PGX and getting his own books graded? Where is your store?

This thread is making me sick. neat.gif

"Poorly Graded eXamples" has this bad rep for a reason. Do you think all the men sitting in jail for murder are possibly innocent because you yourself weren't with the jury to connect the dots or do you leave it alone because others went over the evidence and said "guilty"?

Ive been reading this long thread. I send books to both companies. Havent had any problems as of yet. Just wondering though, all these accusations of this Brady4U guy being the head grader at PGX. Is there any proof of that?? I mean real proof, not CGC marks suspicions but real proof.

Also is there any PROOF that pgx grades out of a basement. Or is it all based on a disgruntled wife or employee's statements. Also if its a scam involving all this money and fraud why isnt the BBB involved. Or are comic collectors just not important enough to protect.

Im neither Pro or con for PGX but id like to know if the Lynch mob mentallity here has absolute proof.

Tony,

You really still don't get it. Oakman said it best; there is no "staff" no independant graders at PGX. It is Elliott and his bud Patterson. If you can't see that, you need some serious help.

You keep harping on the idea that DJBrady4u isn't Elliott. It IS him. He had his pal open the account using his info, in hopes no one would see the connection. It's been shown he has done this with someone else too. I have no doubt Elliott has full access to that account and does all the posting and selling himself. Are you really that naive?

Your inability to see the obvious connection or your simple desire to act like you are going through this slow discovery process leads me to believe that you are either a PGX shill or of a slower wit. I say that with no malice, it just seems obvious. This is not a matter of fighting with someone who doesnt "share my views". You are purposely trying to paint PGX as a good company with possibly one bad employee. Sad.

Ive been reading this long thread. I send books to both companies. Havent had any problems as of yet. Just wondering though, all these accusations of this Brady4U guy being the head grader at PGX. Is there any proof of that?? I mean real proof, not CGC marks suspicions but real proof.

Also is there any PROOF that pgx grades out of a basement. Or is it all based on a disgruntled wife or employee's statements. Also if its a scam involving all this money and fraud why isnt the BBB involved. Or are comic collectors just not important enough to protect.

Im neither Pro or con for PGX but id like to know if the Lynch mob mentallity here has absolute proof.

You need to find the links provided in this thread and review them. You will find all the "absolute proof" you need. One of the most damning bits of evidence was the thread linking the purchase of a CGC Avengers #4 and its subsequent grade bump into a PGX book by Elliott sold on Ebay using DJBrady4U. It was without a doubt the same book, given a huge grade bump, possibly trimmed, with a questionable Stan Lee signature added. One of the most telling signs was a small black mark on the back cover of both books in exactly the same location, but Elliott has since then removed the pictures from the Ebay auction (as he often does when caught).