• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CV Comic Verification - a new layer to the encapsulation process

1,159 posts in this topic

Do these people really think we are that gullible to just hand over books just to get a sticker on our slabs?

ha_1911-D_pop_cac_example.jpg

What you dont know is that the company that stickers coins, CAC, stands behind every coin they pass. Meaning they will buy any of those coins and have the power to do so. Their sticker came to be because of tpg's overgrading, and putting coins with problems in holders that should be. There is a very active market for them and the coins passed by them do command premiums.

Will CVA stand behind their sticker the way CAC has? It's an interesting question indeed.

'Dear CVA,

I cracked my Avengers #4 9.2, got it pressed and regraded and it came back a 9.0. I had it regraded again and it came back an 8.5. You verified it 'looked nice' while it was a 9.2 and you are an authority, can I have the price difference in cash please?

Thank you. '

Yes, I can see them standing right behind their sticker.

Do these people really think we are that gullible to just hand over books just to get a sticker on our slabs?

What you dont know is that the company that stickers coins, CAC, stands behind every coin they pass. Meaning they will buy any of those coins and have the power to do so. Their sticker came to be because of tpg's overgrading, and putting coins with problems in holders that should be. There is a very active market for them and the coins passed by them do command premiums.

Will CVA stand behind their sticker the way CAC has? It's an interesting question indeed.

'Dear CVA,

I cracked my Avengers #4 9.2, got it pressed and regraded and it came back a 9.0. I had it regraded again and it came back an 8.5. You verified it 'looked nice' while it was a 9.2 and you are an authority, can I have the price difference in cash please?

Thank you. '

As I've said before, the approach used by CAC or any service appraising/assessing a two-sided object could not migrate to comics without major changes to the methodology.

When my comic was damaged somewhere between CPR and grading, the person performing the CPR described the impossibility of the book leaving his hands in the condition it was returned to me.

CGC's Mark Haspel would not relent on the possibility that anyone brought food into the graders room, even though the damage on my comic revealed that someone had used it like a food tray.

In light of the zero-accountability aspect of CPR, and the outright denial demonstrated by CGC (not only in my case, but hearing incidents that have occurred with others) that anything could ever go wrong under their watch, how could anyone expect CVA to be held responsible when CGC itself wouldn't accept responsibility for what happened in my situation?

Supportive of what?

With the greatest of respect - your posts do seem to be in favour of this company.

Thats all.

Cracked Varicose Anus.

Collector Victimization Association

Comic Villain Association... That is the only logical theory behind this scam

Watch out - you'll be accused of supporting them :screwy:

'Dear CVA,

Thank you. '

As I've said before, the approach used by CAC or any service appraising/assessing a two-sided object could not migrate to comics without major changes to the methodology.

When my comic was damaged somewhere between CPR and grading, the person performing the CPR described the impossibility of the book leaving his hands in the condition it was returned to me.

CGC's Mark Haspel would not relent on the possibility that anyone brought food into the graders room, even though the damage on my comic revealed that someone had used it like a food tray.

In light of the zero-accountability aspect of CPR, and the outright denial demonstrated by CGC (not only in my case, but hearing incidents that have occurred with others) that anything could ever go wrong under their watch, how could anyone expect CVA to be held responsible when CGC itself wouldn't accept responsibility for what happened in my situation?

Which raises the question: 'What's the bloody point?'

'Dear CVA,

Thank you. '

???

You're the one asking for CVA to stand behind their sticker :facepalm:

'Dear CVA,

Thank you. '

???

The point in CVA. They're a 'Verification Authority' who will accept responsibility for nothing. There is no point to them whatsoever.

'Dear CVA,

Thank you. '

???

The point in CVA. They're a 'Verification Authority' who will accept responsibility for nothing. There is no point to them whatsoever.

I was addressing your ask of CVA to stand behind their sticker like CAC, and that's a hoop dream in light of the zero-accountability game of CPR.

No I'm not :facepalm:

What's this?

'Dear CVA,

Thank you. '

I wasn't asking them to stand behind their sticker. I was saying they won't stand behind their sticker, that their sticker means bugger all, and just generally saying they've verified nothing and aren't really an authority at all.

NGC places a Star and Plus designation on some of their coins too.

franklin1956type2cameoebaypiclabel.jpg

No I'm not :facepalm:

What's this?

'Dear CVA,

Thank you. '

A hypothetical situation.