• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC 2013 - It's Never to Early, Oct 10-13

531 posts in this topic

Ok, just got in from the show.

I am a new man this year, no sketch hounding for me. I was in pursuit of something big,something special. I found it,but more on that later. Suffice it to say, thanks Mitch! Mitch helped me scratch an itch and someone got rich, now ain't that a beeatch.

But my post is to say I had a great time socializing. Yes this is true and I am not an alien double. I had a beer, or two, with a new friend and we talked comic art. It was nice. I also socialized with artists who normally see me only for sketch requests. I talked art with Jim Cheung and we had fun til he had to go back to work. I laughed and told him I was off to have fun. I commissioned David Wenzel, which was my number two goal behind getting that piece of art. I paid $5 ea for 2 comics at 50% off then turned the corner and found the same comics for $1 ea. I almost bought them again.

So my take is, so far so good. Have fun peoples, and stay safe out there.

Curious. How is cgc handling this event? Ever con I go to (Philly, Boston) they only have like 4-5 people of staff. I constantly have to go find one and bring them in line with me. I have plans to get upwards of 10 sigs on a book to submit. This would take all day at another smaller con. I'll be there on sat.

Curious. How is cgc handling this event? Ever con I go to (Philly, Boston) they only have like 4-5 people of staff. I constantly have to go find one and bring them in line with me. I have plans to get upwards of 10 sigs on a book to submit. This would take all day at another smaller con. I'll be there on sat.

Cgc has two booths, one on the shows main floor and one in artist alley.

A lot of the major signings will be done through private signings with Cgc like kirkman and campbell. You can drop them off at Cgc booth. Charge is 10 dollars for signing fees. Ths will be only way to get this talent for sig series at Con. All books have to be prepped.

See the Cgc booth for more details.

Hope this helps.

Neil

Went yesterday and commissioned 3 covers and might be able to get 1 big name. Will know for sure tomorrow. Just watched the X-Men panel and am sitting in the DC panel right now.

A lot of the major signings will be done through private signings with Cgc like kirkman and campbell. You can drop them off at Cgc booth. Charge is 10 dollars for signing fees. Ths will be only way to get this talent for sig series at Con. All books have to be prepped.

Hope this helps.

Neil

Very helpful. So if I understand you correctly, for the most part, I drop my book off with cgc, a list of all the signatures I want on the book (plus any cost the artist are charging) they charge a $10 fee and that's it? This way I don't have to worry about standing in lines grabbing them. That would be amazing!!!

Hope this helps.

Neil

Very helpful. So if I understand you correctly, for the most part, I drop my book off with cgc, a list of all the signatures I want on the book (plus any cost the artist are charging) they charge a $10 fee and that's it? This way I don't have to worry about standing in lines grabbing them. That would be amazing!!!

Sorry, you understand incorrectly.

For a few major artists like Robert Kirkman & J. Scott Campbell you have to give the books to CGC for the pre-arranged signing.

All other artists you have to wait in line with a witness, or get one when you are close to the front.

Figured I'd throw this out there. If anyone has a pass or anything that I could meet tomorrow to get in I'd pay whatever you want. I've gone the last 9 years to this. This was going to be my first year I missed it, but a change in plans happened and I am on my way to NY at 5in the morning from MA. My 5 year old dog suddenly past away a month or so ago. We are actually picking up a puppy from a breeder 7 miles from the show tomorrow at 3-4. We were originally supposed to go next weekend, so I didn't want to drive a 10 hr day two weekends in a row so thats originally why I wasn't going to be able to attend the show. Now we set everything up to meet tomorrow and I figured its probably a huge longshot but I have from roughly 10-3 to somehow get into the show lol If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it and like I said pay whatever

Thanks Matt

That's what I thought. So my concern still stands, I'm curious to see how cgc is available for the constant nagging of witnesses. Boston comic con (which is much smaller so I'm not going to compare but) only had like 3-4 witnesses and it was impossible to get them at times. It's also hard when you are flying solo to leave the front of line to get a witness holding they save your spot. I wonder about j. Scott tomorrow, he is at the marvel signing panel and I'm trying to get his also.

That's what I thought. So my concern still stands, I'm curious to see how cgc is available for the constant nagging of witnesses. Boston comic con (which is much smaller so I'm not going to compare but) only had like 3-4 witnesses and it was impossible to get them at times. It's also hard when you are flying solo to leave the front of line to get a witness holding they save your spot. I wonder about j. Scott tomorrow, he is at the marvel signing panel and I'm trying to get his also.

There is a scheduled Campbell signing so that shouldn't be an issue. Just give your Campbells to CGC for that one.

CGC has a pretty big staff at the show but there were two signings where help was limited. They could not spare anyone for the East of West signing at Image that went on at the same time as a signing they were hosting. Also, in artist alley David Finch had a line so they could not have someone stay with me but they assigned someone to check on me every 10 minutes or so.