• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4 billion.

576 posts in this topic

Star Wars was cool when I was 13, doesn't hold up now.

Empire was pretty cool.

Return was stupid. Between the teddy bears and the limited dialogue of Vader and the Emperor (didn't they share one line for the whole movie).

Episode 1 was okay with the exception of JarJar.

Episode 2 was pretty good (except for trying to figure out why she would ever be interested in that d-bag).

Episode 3 was solid.

The age of Obi Wan/Luke was too big of a problem for me to just let go. Plus the movies made in the 1970s and 1980s are so dated, they just don't really hold up now.

I concur on most of this, except Star Wars stands up today simply because the story is great and the effects to me seem MORE realistic than all of the CGI they threw in on the first three and special editions. I just like the rustic nature of it. I thought the movie was fast paced back in the day, I would agree that by today's standards it lulls a bit, especially with the focus being on the droids (I remember it was a highlight though when it was out).

I honestly believe Lucas didn't have to start the prequels on Anakin being a child to show he was good, that was just pure marketing genius to sell merchandising. Most of the prequel plot points seem contrived to help make it all "fit".

Oh and on Jedi, there was a good 12 minutes of Vader dialogue I'm guessing (I'm sure someone has an exact number). The actual fight is about 7 minutes. Rest of the movie is garbage (another merchandising point for Lucas for the ewoks).

Being born into the Prequel trilogy, I like them so much better than the Originals. Maybe nostalgia plays a big role in the general preference of the older movies.

Episode 3 always makes me tear up!

That's the cool thing I hope Disney can take advantage of and was shown by Lucas---Star Wars to be enjoyed by ALL generations.

Episode IV was great.

I fell asleep through the rest of the films, they mean nothing to me. (shrug)

I saw it before it was even called episode IV and I agree with you for the most part. Star Wars is my favorite of the batch by far and unfortunately sticks out like a sore thumb and doesn't really fit in with the other 5 movies.

Episode I - good

Episode II - very good

Episode III - great

Episode IV - classic

Episode V - classic

Episode VI - near classic

The Ewoks never bothered me. At least they were a dignified species. Gungans were silly and stupid. I wish Disney could keep the first 3 movies the same, just re-do the Gungans as a more dignified species, rename Jar Jar Binks, and re-do the horribly sappy love scenes. Oh, and extend the fighting sequences with Darth Maul.

Episode I - good

Episode II - very good

Episode III - great

Episode IV - classic

Episode V - classic

The Ewoks never bothered me. At least they were a dignified species. Gungans were silly and stupid. I wish Disney could keep the first 3 movies the same, just re-do the Gungans as a more dignified species, rename Jar Jar Binks, and re-do the horribly sappy love scenes. Oh, and extend the fighting sequences with Darth Maul.

If your scale from worst to best starts with "good" then I agree. lol

Episode I - good

Episode II - very good

Episode III - great

Episode IV - classic

Episode V - classic

If your scale from worst to best starts with "good" then I agree. lol

Yeah. Episode I was good, but every other star wars movie is better.

Is "Heir to the Empire" by DH the closest book/series to the end of EP VI? My 10-YO nephew is freaking out about this, thought I'd give him some SW related comics for X-mas. :grin:

I believe it is and that series was awesome. The Bounty Hunter Wars also rocked.

Great, thanks! (thumbs u

Being born into the Prequel trilogy, I like them so much better than the Originals. Maybe nostalgia plays a big role in the general preference of the older movies.

Me too of how badly they ruined the Star War mythos for me at then the age of 23. :cry:

The actors they got to play Vader in Episodes I-III were just beyond embarrassing.

Episode III while the better of the first two still lacked creative vision than the original trilogy did so well.

Just watching the transformation of Anakin into the Darth Vader suit and Luke/Lei being born was so horrific is almost ruined my childhood. lol

It was so forced and I felt my college intro to theater class could have out on a more dramatic performance.

Having Disney take over basically complete control of Star Wars from this day forward is just as epic as finding out Vader is Luke's father.

Episodes I-III can rot in hell. :frustrated:

Ep. 3 was very solid.

A solid turd. Those prequels nearly ruined the original saga for me.

I cannot argue about the FX, they were spectacular.

I bid a vote of "no confidence" in Mike (Transplant) and Dale Roberts.

Me too of how badly they ruined the Star War mythos for me at then the age of 23. :cry:

The actors they got to play Vader in Episodes I-III were just beyond embarrassing.

Episode III while the better of the first two still lacked creative vision than the original trilogy did so well.

Just watching the transformation of Anakin into the Darth Vader suit and Luke/Lei being born was so horrific is almost ruined my childhood. lol

It was so forced and I felt my college intro to theater class could have out on a more dramatic performance.

Having Disney take over basically complete control of Star Wars from this day forward is just as epic as finding out Vader is Luke's father.

Episodes I-III can rot in hell. :frustrated:

Dude...the way they took Darth Vader...the baddest mofo in the galaxy and turned him in to the whiniest little blitch ever was nearly heartbreaking.

The prequels make me think of this episode from Inside the actors studio with James Lipton.

In the first seasons,actors and actresses of high rank were invited to discuss very informative stuff about the complexities of shooting,acting,working with directors,theres a whole bunch of them on Youtube,but in the last few years they started inviting Roseanne which is on the other end of the spectrum from Pacino.

So,First season:Robert Deniro

Lipton:"And now we come to Raging Bull"

(audience applauds respectfully )

11th season:Ben Affleck

Lipton:"And now,we come to Reindeer games

(audience applauds respectfully.)

:facepalm: