• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS #1

967 posts in this topic

I saw the 9.8 SS by...Stan Lee.

Stan Lee.

Really? Forgive me if it's a boardie's, but that's just :screwy: in my book.

RIGHT? I mean what the HELL? He had ZERO to do with SW So why in your right mind would you have him scribble on one?

Because people are stupid and are paying the prices.

If the money wasn't there, no one would do it.

Well so far it's not working for this genius

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARVEL-STAR-WARS-1-1977-CGC-9-8-1115250007-SS-SIGNED-STAN-LEE-/291372673348?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43d72a2944

You'd think the way 9.8's have been selling for record prices, that one being signed by Stan Lee that this STAR WARS #1 would sell faster then those bare copies. hm

RIGHT? I mean what the HELL? He had ZERO to do with SW So why in your right mind would you have him scribble on one?

Because people are stupid and are paying the prices.

If the money wasn't there, no one would do it.

Hey, I have a Stan Lee SS myself, but at least he worked on the book which I have signed.

Which raises the question, could I get a SS of myself signing a SW #1? Oh wait, I've already got one! (sadly, Qualified) :banana:

Dang! I wanted one to put next to the Ross Variant, but I really have a hard time putting out that kind of money.

So with no 9.8's on the market I'm guessing collectors are going after the next best thing?

I think it will cross $500.

it just did.

Holy stomm, your right! :o

Greatful; I still got a 9.6... Hopefully it'll be in the 800s before the film...

Edited by Snikt!1988

I think it will cross $500.

it just did.

Holy stomm, your right! :o

Greatful; I still got a 9.6... Hopefully it'll be in the 800s before the film...

At this point anything is possible With this book.

So with no 9.8's on the market I'm guessing collectors are going after the next best thing?

The next 9.8 will get listed after these 2 9.6s go for around 700 each. These books going for a lot only solidifys the 9.8 being 1800-2K books.

A 9.6 also sold for a $600 B.I.N. yesterday.

man o man, just a month ago 9.6 copies were sitting unsold at $300, can 9.4s be next?

The next 9.8 will get listed after these 2 9.6s go for around 700 each. These books going for a lot only solidifys the 9.8 being 1800-2K books.

A 9.6 also sold for a $600 B.I.N. yesterday.

man o man, just a month ago 9.6 copies were sitting unsold at $300, can 9.4s be next?

HG copies of the "reprint" issues need to be reevaluated also, because in this instance, they were more like second printings than reprints.

Well, it's been hitting these crazy prices for a while now...

Great time to be a seller, but I am sure as heck not buying.

I have no idea whether these prices are here to stay or not, honestly.

Not in this market.

They will be a good blue chip now.

Star Wars was the most popular comic book of the 1970s.

So many people were introduced to comics because of Star Wars.

Star Wars kept Marvel in business.

Star Wars comic saved Marvel.

Yep.

This one will stay high price for the longterm now for all the reasons you stated, and the timing of the movie with original characters and the new SW Marvel series looking very cool so far - will push the original Marvel SW into permanent planetary orbit.

:cool: