• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS #1

967 posts in this topic

Can we play Star Wars 42 and 68?

scan0087.jpg

scan0126.jpg

How about Marvel Super Special #16 instead? :)

Or Marvel Comics Illustrated Version of The Empire Strikes Back. A plug for my site:

http://swcomiccollector.blogspot.com/2014/12/first-appearance-boba-fett.html

Question about this Marvel Comics Illustrated version -

Your site mentions that this version contained the original design Yoda within it.

I have only the Marvel Super Special #16 and on at least one panel (that comes to mind off the top of my head), this version of Yoda is seen as well.

Does the version you spoke of originally have only the original Yoda within, in every panel?

Can we play Star Wars 42 and 68?

scan0087.jpg

scan0126.jpg

How about Marvel Super Special #16 instead? :)

Or Marvel Comics Illustrated Version of The Empire Strikes Back. A plug for my site:

http://swcomiccollector.blogspot.com/2014/12/first-appearance-boba-fett.html

Question about this Marvel Comics Illustrated version -

Your site mentions that this version contained the original design Yoda within it.

I have only the Marvel Super Special #16 and on at least one panel (that comes to mind off the top of my head), this version of Yoda is seen as well.

Does the version you spoke of originally have only the original Yoda within, in every panel?

The Illustrated Version features the original Purple Yoda throughout. It contains the first Marvel comics appearances of Boba Fett, Yoda, Lando, Palpatine, and Carl the Cloud Car Pilot.

The fact that it's a paperback means it almost certainly won't be as valuable as #42 anytime soon though. Maybe Star Wars collectors will eventually decide they want the first published Marvel versions of these characters, but those who love to slab everything probably won't be in as big of a rush to grab it.

If you gotta catch 'em all, it's still very affordable, and there are usually a couple of decent copies available on eBay at any given time.

Anyone know if Boba Fett or Darth Vader show up in either of the Star Comics lines Ewoks or Droids?

Darth Vader is in Droids #6-8. These are the issues which adapt episode IV according to R2-D2 and C3PO.

I don't recall Darth Vader or Boba Fett being in any other issues of Droids and Ewoks.

Edited by Kir Kanos

Boba Fett did make an appearance in an episode of the Droids cartoon. It's the episode titled "A Race to the Finish".

I wish a complete DVD set of this series could be released someday instead of the few grouped episodes that were released on DVD in late 2004.

Edited by Kir Kanos

So, are we finally seeing the limits of how high this book will go for in 9.8? Seems to me this book flirts with the $2000 price, but it just dosen't get there. hm

well, this one is getting closer to $2k hm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-1-CGC-9-8-WHITE-PAGES-1977-MINT-CASE-MOVIES-FIRST-PRINT-MARVEL/231479894655?_trksid=p2045573.c100034.m2102&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D28797%26meid%3D5019bb0d7734401db2310790a53d5b5c%26pid%3D100034%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D8%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D301523126398