• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS #1

967 posts in this topic

never under estimate the power of the force…

http://www.boredpanda.com/giant-star-wars-snow-sculpture-sapporo-festival-japan/

whens the last time a country did a Wolverine sculpture in snow?!? never...

I say it's just more proof Star Wars is more well known and popular than the hairy Canadian midget. Star Wars #1 should be bringing in Hulk 181 money IMHO. :sumo:

talk about sleeping giant… I always thought this book had potential… I'm still butt hurt over selling mine… a couple things come to mind…

-Will the trickle down effect happen with grades 9.6 9.4 and so on… Using the NM 98 phenomena… I remember when NM 98 9.8s where at 400… now a year later NM 98 9.6's are going for 500… will we now see SW 1 9.6s at $700???

-Is this book the sleeper of the Bronze Age; trumping Hulk 181 in the long run…

-What happened to the .35 cent variants… 9.8s are now tallying prices that low grade copies where once garnishing… how will it effect those books?

-What happened when Episodes II and III came out as far as Ebay and CGC??? Wasn't there speculation during that period???

Question 1… Answered!

Did SW #1 come out before or after the movie?

Star Wars #1 was definitely on the stands before the movie. Star Wars #2 could have been on the stands as well.

So....would that make it the first appearance of Luke and the gang? hm

Star Wars #1 was definitely on the stands before the movie. Star Wars #2 could have been on the stands as well.

Hello? Anyone want to chime in here? :busy:

No it would not.

It is still only a late bronze age comic book adaptation of a movie.

-J.

No it would not.

-J.

J, is this another one you missed the boat on ? :baiting:

Hello? Anyone want to chime in here? :busy:

A ghost written novelization of the movie was the first item released about 6 months prior to the movie release:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_From_the_Adventures_of_Luke_Skywalker

So it would be the first public appearance of the characters.

Issues 1 & 2 of the comic were both released prior to the movie. Given the numerous late edits around the film both proved to have "never put in the movie" moments.

One of the initial curiosities in the comic is Darth Vader holding a coffee cup on the Death Star. For one, how does Darth Vader drink coffee in a conference room? However, the initial -script had Darth Vader levitating a coffee cup through the conference room where he chokes the officer for his lack of faith in the force. There are several little bits like this in the book and comics. The book had even larger deviations given it was written much earlier and the writer took several liberties with the story along the way.

No it would not.

-J.

lol Nope! :acclaim:

Common books do not organically "double in price" in two weeks for no reason usually either. :whistle:

Oy vay, don't get me started. :facepalm:

-J.

No it would not.

-J.

lol Nope! :acclaim:

Common books do not organically "double in price" in two weeks for no reason usually either. :whistle:

Oy vay, don't get me started. :facepalm:

-J.

I am not sure about "no reason". Marvel just released 1 million copies of Star Wars #1 into the market in January. If .1% (1,000 issues) of those found new readers now interested in the initial series, it would cause a dramatic uptick in the market for the initial Star Wars #1 almost instantly.

Edited by vint43