• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

Looks like they got a Lex Luthor :sorry:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2975590/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1

I'm honestly not as horrified as I thought I might be by the newest casting.

I guess after Affleck nothing surprises me. After seeing the MOS movie, in spite of how much hate there was surrounding the graphic depiction of destruction and violence...I came away from the movie strangely satisfied it went in that direction. It was about as "real" as it could get on-screen for a super-hero flick. Of course it didn't infuse that well established 'humor' that Marvel is known for....but that was fine with me.

I'm thinking regardless of the casting choices, the next movies will follow that same formula: over the top realism. The folks behind the scenes must see something I don't in the cast they've chosen...something that will translate to the big screen in a big, yet digestable way. The choices appear random and illogical, but there's simply too much money on the line for it not to be calculated to the nth degree.

So, Affleck, Gadot....Eisen-B....whoever they want to throw at me, I've got a tough skin now. Keep it coming and give me the Justice League....I'm ready.

I just bought a BB 28 off a boardie (I haven't received it yet) for $500 shipped. He listed the book as a .5, but I think it would likely grade out at a 1.0. It's complete, although the cover is held on with tape...all in all, I think I got it for a fair price.

I've never owned a copy, and am looking forward to adding it to my "Fire Collection", which is my stack of books I keep together so they can be grabbed quickly in case of disaster.

I guess still a good drop from the 120K that Schmell supposedly sold it for.

why did i think this was a different book?

No definitely same one - the other 9.2 on the census was/is the Toth copy.

think toth copy made it to 9.4 or I might be mistaken

think toth copy made it to 9.4 or I might be mistaken

2 9.2s are still on the census so who knows they may not have given in the old label - but that book was very nice so your guess is probably a good one.

With the pushbacks on the MOS2 and JLA movies respectively, this really is a 'buyers' market ATM. There's been a slight (but not massive) downward trend since the initial hype and I expect that to reverse as we get closer to those movies.

That said, I'd keep your eye out for deals on both BB28 and JLA1 (<--don't forget that one).

Both have seen appreciable increases but for JLA1 there's alot more wiggle room for deals.....come 2016 & 2017 I'm anticipating an entirely different landscape of pricing.

So not really a BB28 or JLA thing....but EQUALLY as cool:

Batman Vs. The Terminator Animation

http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/24/batman-takes-on-the-terminator-in-new-animation-4316449/

This is some fan animation I presume, but it's really well done in a professional sense. If someone told me that it was being put out by WB I wouldn't be surprised.

Since there's already been a Terminator Vs. Superman comic (as well as many other Terminator Vs. comics) it's not too much of a stretch to imagine.

If you've got a few minutes I'm sure you'll dig it.

So not really a BB28 or JLA thing....but EQUALLY as cool:

Batman Vs. The Terminator Animation

http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/24/batman-takes-on-the-terminator-in-new-animation-4316449/

This is some fan animation I presume, but it's really well done in a professional sense. If someone told me that it was being put out by WB I wouldn't be surprised.

Since there's already been a Terminator Vs. Superman comic (as well as many other Terminator Vs. comics) it's not too much of a stretch to imagine.

If you've got a few minutes I'm sure you'll dig it.

That was cool thanks for sharing !

-J.