• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

9.2's selling three times in less than a year doesn't help in the short term. hm

Owners are gettin' out while the gettin's good.

I really think this is a tough call. Unless a few more 9.2 pops-up, I think these prices may sustain. I think you still got that that nice Adventure. ;)

9.2's selling three times in less than a year doesn't help in the short term. hm

(shrug)

I would argue that there is still more upside in the book overall, particularly with the movie still on the distant horizon.

However, super-high grade versions are hard to predict - particularly if more show up.

(shrug)

I would argue that there is still more upside in the book overall, particularly with the movie still on the distant horizon.

However, super-high grade versions are hard to predict - particularly if more show up.

I agree with you. This book has not exceeded its potential. It's a great SA key.

(shrug)

I agree with you. This book has not exceeded its potential. It's a great SA key.

There just isn`t much demand at the high end for SA DC. Wealthy SA collectors are almost always Marvel collectors because, guess what, Marvels were what they read when they were a kid.

If a wealthy collector buys a six-figure SA DC, who`s he going to show it to? All of his wealthy comic collecting buddies are almost all guaranteed to be Marvel collectors. When he shows them the B&B 28 that he just spent $120K on, their attitude will be :roflmao: or zzz or ??? . He`ll say "but it was incredibly hard to find, there`s only 3 in the Census!", and they`ll go "Really? That`s, uh, fascinating. :eyeroll: Now, back to talking about how difficult it`s been to upgrade from my 9.6 DD 7 to a 9.8 copy..."

Believe me, I speak from experience! ;)

Edited by tth2

(shrug)

There just isn`t much demand at the high end for SA DC. Wealthy SA collectors are almost always Marvel collectors because, guess what, Marvels were what they read when they were a kid.

If a wealthy collector buys a six-figure SA DC, who`s he going to show it to? All of his wealthy comic collecting buddies are almost all guaranteed to be Marvel collectors. When he shows them the B&B 28 that he just spent $120K on, their attitude will be :roflmao: or zzz or ??? . He`ll say "but it was incredibly hard to find, there`s only 3 in the Census!", and they`ll go "Really? That`s, uh, fascinating. :eyeroll: Now, back to talking about how difficult it`s been to upgrade from my 9.6 DD 7 to a 9.8 copy..."

Good point. Never thought of it that way hm

I agree that marvel has more followers, but the ratio of supply to demand may be in DCs favor (meaning less availability for the people that want them). Add the pop culture effect we're seeing and the DCs are the ones with upside.

Showcase 4 and AF15 should be valued at the same level in my view. Used to be this way but then a divergence and AF15 exploded. That should level off.

Just my $0.02

Also, I find it hard to believe rich guys only read Marvels. :/

It's not the affluence of the buyers, it's the influence of Marvel. Before Marvel, kids would read their DC, grow up and forget about them, life called. Marvel was more influential, the characters had real personalities, kids grew up but never forgot about the characters.DC kids liked their comic books but Marvel kids loved them.

Also, I find it hard to believe rich guys only read Marvels. :/

It's not the affluence of the buyers, it's the influence of Marvel. Before Marvel, kids would read their DC, grow up and forget about them, life called. Marvel was more influential, the characters had real personalities, kids grew up but never forgot about the characters.DC kids liked their comic books but Marvel kids loved them.

I must be the exception then - as I loved the characters and still I do. (shrug)

I was talking to a good friend of mine about SA Marvels vs. SA DC's. And he said flat out that SA DC's suck and not as great as SA Marvels. I told him that there are still good books in DC, but to me, are not as good as Marvel overall. Sure if I were to show him a high graded Showcase 4 or B&B 28, he would be ehh so what. But if I had an AF 15 or Hulk 1 in high grade, his eyes would light up. At least this is what I've been getting in my generation. Can't say for the older and younger folks out there.

(shrug)

Good point. Never thought of it that way hm

Definitely an interesting perspective. You also have the fact that if someone is a wealthy collector into DC heroes, they can collect GA which is just as alluring as DC SA if not more so. This pulls away ton of potential money from DC SA I would bet.

That's why GA TECs and Actions are sought after. I couldn't even give away a mid grade SA Flash.

Exactly the reason I collect SA Flash(well the price and I love it.) At this point I have a pretty decent all around SA DC collection. There is no way I could replicate the collection in the Marvel equivalent or a GA DC theme. It would cost me 10+ times the amount of money.