• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

Last 9.2 sold for $120k almost a year ago hm

That was Schmell's sale - sold for an even 100K when the book was put up right afterwards in a clink auction.

Do you remember if it was as nice as this one?

Last 9.2 sold for $120k almost a year ago hm

That was Schmell's sale - sold for an even 100K when the book was put up right afterwards in a clink auction.

Do you remember if it was as nice as this one?

This one is nicer for sure.

In the current climate, this book will easily sell around 175k.

I guessed that BB28 would cost 1 to 1 before the end of the year. So we are well on the way :)

1 to 1.... A 2.0 to cost 2,000, a 3.0 to cost 3,000, a 4,0 to cost 4,000 etc. Until around 6 or 6.5. After that the incline will be steeper.

Except that the 6-6.5 range has already eclipsed that ratio.

I guessed that BB28 would cost 1 to 1 before the end of the year. So we are well on the way :)

1 to 1.... A 2.0 to cost 2,000, a 3.0 to cost 3,000, a 4,0 to cost 4,000 etc. Until around 6 or 6.5. After that the incline will be steeper.

Except that the 6-6.5 range has already eclipsed that ratio.

Yes, you are right. The incline begins earlier on BB28 than most other SA books because it is scarcer.

Isn't that roughly what the last one sold for?

Yep- looks like it's flat. Kind of strange to me. This book has been going up in the lower grades. The buyer good it for an excellent price imho.

I wouldn't say flat. It was only about 3 years ago that you could a 9.0 for $20K making the 9.2 a $40-50K book. 9.2 was a $35K book before that in 2008. That climb from 35-50-120 is quite spectacular. I think in this case it's been the rise of the 8.5 - 9.2 copies that have caused lower grades to climb.

Another problem is that the other 9.2 came to marke twice in a short period of time iirc.

$120K is a serious number.

It's not a Marvel, remember. :baiting: