• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

Hype or not. ST 178 is an awesome comic

+ 1000

Starlin's Warlock run has been with me at every stage of my comic life:

As a kid in the '70's and not knowing at all what the hell was going on in the book, but was mesmerized by the art. High school when I discovered pot & Black Sabbath, Warlock was the perfect companion for my altered state soundtrack. Post-college with a greater understanding of psychosis, megalomania, schizophrenia and the world / worlds as a whole. Middle aged now and every time I read it I discover something else within those pages

Starlin's Warlock run has been with me at every stage of my comic life:

As a kid in the '70's and not knowing at all what the hell was going on in the book, but was mesmerized by the art. High school when I discovered pot & Black Sabbath, Warlock was the perfect companion for my altered state soundtrack. Post-college with a greater understanding of psychosis, megalomania, schizophrenia and the world / worlds as a whole. Middle aged now and every time I read it I discover something else within those pages

hm Old pot?

I love ST178 for many reasons but still think the first physical appearance of Magus is more visual in Warlock 9. I think someone said it best months about the difference in magus appearances between the two books. I think it was in a warlock thread somewhere.

from Strange Tales #181

oKghgY.jpg

Lyjivn.jpg

would love to have the OA for that last page. :)

I love ST178 for many reasons but still think the first physical appearance of Magus is more visual in Warlock 9. I think someone said it best months about the difference in magus appearances between the two books. I think it was in a warlock thread somewhere.

from Strange Tales #181

oKghgY.jpg

Lyjivn.jpg

Anytime I see Magus ( which isn't often ) I think "DISCO"

from Strange Tales #181

oKghgY.jpg

Lyjivn.jpg

I think WTF is up with his groin. Did someone nut-shot him with a frying pan? :sick:

from Strange Tales #181

oKghgY.jpg

Lyjivn.jpg

I think WTF is up with his groin. Did someone nut-shot him with a frying pan? :sick:

Doh. :lol:

We do now, but this was actually on the shelves in late-74, before disco really became mainstream and popular. A more appropriate term would be FUNK.

We do now, but this was actually on the shelves in late-74, before disco really became mainstream and popular. A more appropriate term would be FUNK.

Not sure if Gary Glitter was "funk" but he was definitely funky... and pre-1974.

Gary-Glitter-Through-The-Years-36236.jpg

Magus fans would probably prefer to think he's based on early KISS. lol

Not sure if Gary Glitter was "funk" but he was definitely funky... and pre-1974.

Gary Glitter was GLAM, which is neither here nor there in this discussion.

afrofunk.jpg

Gary Glitter was GLAM, which is neither here nor there in this discussion.

afrofunk.jpg

No He was a PUNK. I hope he rots

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-31657929

Man, I hope I still have my copy of SW 42 - I got it in a "Collector's Kit" of old remainder books, some of which have turned out to be quite valuable (first Teen Titans insert). But I worry I tossed it or gave it to the kids when I was pruning my collection.

Does anyone know if Adam Warlock will FINALLY make it into the Marvel Cinematic Universe? Hasn't enough time passed to hold off the most interesting character that is heavily involved in the whole Infinity Gauntlet story line?