• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

Say what meow?

Jungle Action #6

Great seller name for this auction to boot!

I've bought from them several times... Great books, solid grading and very inexpensive shipping. They have a lot of followers and tend to get really solid prices.

Comics4less is a not only a solid seller, they also grade very tight. I never see them grade anything higher than 9.2 . Often, their 9.2's are as high as 9.6's. I think they get a lot of repeat customers that know this and maybe bid higher than normal for a 9.2 . All the bids for that book are from established bidders with 3 digits in their feedback. I'm not saying this wasn't a crazy price but it looked like a really nice copy, a really strong 9.2.

Edited by bomber-bob

Say what meow?

Jungle Action #6

Great seller name for this auction to boot!

I've bought from them several times... Great books, solid grading and very inexpensive shipping. They have a lot of followers and tend to get really solid prices.

Comics4less is a not only a solid seller, they also grade very tight. I never see them grade anything higher than 9.2 . Often, their 9.2's are as high as 9.6's. I think they get a lot of repeat customers that know this and maybe bid higher than normal for a 9.2 . All the bids for that book are from established bidders with 3 digits in their feedback. I'm not saying this wasn't a crazy price but it looked like a really nice copy, a really strong 9.2.

...... Some folks won't give a book 9.4 if there's anything wrong with it..... gotta love sellers like that. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

...... Some folks won't give a book 9.4 if there's anything wrong with it..... gotta love sellers like that.

Sure, but as eBay comics seem to be an efficient market, the seller ends up getting 9.4-9.6 prices anyway, so no one really wins or loses.

Plus, the seller keeps away all the dangerous whackos looking for NM/M comics.

Is Speedball in it?

I don't remember him being key to any of the storylines I cared about while reading Civil War, although I do remember that's when he became Penance,

An incident involving the New Warriors is what got the ball rolling on registration. Considering they haven't shown up in the cinematic universe, it will almost certainly be something else (perhaps the whole Ultron fiasco will serve that purpose).

Yea, don't bother trying to equate the comic story to the movie. It's already stretched very thin in terms of any resemblance to any characters. There's Cap and Iron Man and that's about all that's similar.

There's always someone who needs to unload dreks.

This! lol

Sure guys, but this is a 9.2 raw selling for $257, or well above what CGC copies sell for.

Sometimes folks get caught up in the heat of the moment when bidding? Who the F-knows.

I actually got caught up in bidding on some SA green lantern from comics4less a couple months ago and paid more than I should have... So it does happen. And yeah, I love this seller, I've had nothing but stellar books from him.

ST 178 is starting to pop and the reason has something to do with a dude with an afro and a Shazam costume coming to a movie screen :grin:

Man, that kicks off starlin's Warlock Masterpiece. Sad to see that the recognition is coming from magus speculation. Reminds me of this dealer wannabe at a local con trying to peddle me an overpriced VG copy of ST178 and his sales pitch was "magus might show up in the next guardians movie". :facepalm:

Marvel Premiere 38 is popping - dig 'em out and get 'em listed! :grin:

Is there a reason for the pop?

Weirdworld is part of the new Secret Wars, and I think has its own book coming out. I just snagged two 9.8 SS copies pretty cheap.

Edited by seanfingh

looking through completed orders and noticed this auction. Great Iron Fist cover but is it really that hard to find this in good condition? This individual issue has a few problems especially for that high a price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131535571839?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I typically don't discuss Marvel Mags as I have been buying as many as I can as cheap as I can. This as well as others are tough in high grade. This particular issue is considered a key for the series and commands a higher price due to speculation. I have a couple copies so it's okay to mention it lol

A key? First appearance of the White Tiger? Or is every 70s comic considered a key now? Great Larkin cover though.

Edited by fett

A key? First appearance of the White Tiger? Or is every 70s comic considered a key now? Great Larkin cover though.

All comics are considered "keys" unless told otherwise.

ST 178 is starting to pop and the reason has something to do with a dude with an afro and a Shazam costume coming to a movie screen :grin:

Man, that kicks off starlin's Warlock Masterpiece. Sad to see that the recognition is coming from magus speculation. Reminds me of this dealer wannabe at a local con trying to peddle me an overpriced VG copy of ST178 and his sales pitch was "magus might show up in the next guardians movie". :facepalm:

May not have been that far off, huh?

looking through completed orders and noticed this auction. Great Iron Fist cover but is it really that hard to find this in good condition? This individual issue has a few problems especially for that high a price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131535571839?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I typically don't discuss Marvel Mags as I have been buying as many as I can as cheap as I can. This as well as others are tough in high grade. This particular issue is considered a key for the series and commands a higher price due to speculation. I have a couple copies so it's okay to mention it lol

i love marvel mags and love that one too. seems like a strong price. but jscomics had a bunch of these up and i guess they built up a critical mass of the hardcore collectors of DHKF bidding on them and basically got slab or better prices for raws.

i had a slabbed 9.2 of #2 (neal adams). i paid half guide for it (not including shipping) and felt i made out like a bandit. that huge slab was such a PITA to store in my old apartment i decided to sell it. what a PITA that was! i just broke even on that darn thing, probably lost money after paying fees.

I love ST178 for many reasons but still think the first physical appearance of Magus is more visual in Warlock 9. I think someone said it best months about the difference in magus appearances between the two books. I think it was in a warlock thread somewhere.

Marvel Premiere 38 is popping - dig 'em out and get 'em listed! :grin:

Is there a reason for the pop?

Weirdworld is part of the new Secret Wars, and I think has its own book coming out. I just snagged two 9.8 SS copies pretty cheap.

two ss 9.8 copies. If you need some money I would take one off your hand :baiting:

i love marvel mags and love that one too. seems like a strong price. but jscomics had a bunch of these up and i guess they built up a critical mass of the hardcore collectors of DHKF bidding on them and basically got slab or better prices for raws.

i had a slabbed 9.2 of #2 (neal adams). i paid half guide for it (not including shipping) and felt i made out like a bandit. that huge slab was such a PITA to store in my old apartment i decided to sell it. what a PITA that was! i just broke even on that darn thing, probably lost money after paying fees.

Did you sell that on the boards? I bought a DHKF slabbed several years ago.